This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Jarvan IV Build Guide by Sonny2o9
[9.16] Sonny2o9's Ultimate Top AD Jarvan IV Guide
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: Standard Setup
Ability Order Standard/Easy Matchups
Threats & Synergies
One of the biggest counters to Jarvan IV Top. He out damages you and out sustains you. Only winnable if you abuse him levels 1-3. You win this matchup if you go even.
Camille Favored. Dodge E and all in her. If Ahead, E Q when she w's and right click to win. Be Careful, she can dodge your ult damage with her ult.
Jax becomes a major problem after 6. Best thing to do is punish him when he has 0 stacks on his passive and to buffer his counter strike with E-Q. You win by going even in CS.
Aatrox Favored. Poke him down with your dragon strike, but don't get hit by his abilities. All in at level 7, when you get 1-2 q's off and he should die.
IMPOSSIBLE matchup assuming equal skill. Best thing to do here is baiting her Riposte with your Flag and then Q'ing afterwards. Executioner's Calling is MUST BUY.
Irelia Favored, can win pre level 6. If she misses stun, you win. Take short trades as she wins the sustained war. Make sure to use your combo after she uses her Defiant Dance (w). Can one shot after 7 if you don't die when she uses her combo.
Never all in this champion, he will 100% win. Dodge his Undertows, and trade with auto and dragon strike. Be careful after you use dragon strike, that's his chance to all in you. Hitting him with 2 q's should bring him low enough to get one shot.
Pretty Easy Matchup. If she burns shroud she dies. Rush Hexdrinker and go the primary mage. Be very careful, missing E-Q combo post 6 will result in death.
He doesn't have enough damage to kill you. Be careful as he can dodge your damage with his twisted advance (w). Trade with autos and q until you can one shot him. Free kill if he doesn't have flash. Remember you can Combo through his twisted advance and ultimate to escape a gank or to all in him.
He bullies you until level 3. Gnar loses to all in, so as long as you land your combo he can't kite you. Make sure Post 6, you Cataclysm after he hops and don't all in him when he goes mega.
Champion Build Guide
Hey! My name is Sonny2o9, but you can just call me Sonny. I am currently a Grandmaster player primarily playing Jarvan IV Top. I have been playing J4 in the Top Lane since Season 5.
Demacian Standard -> Dragon Strike -> Cataclysm.
The Nidhogg Combo is
Dragon Strike - Flash -> Demacian Standard -> Cataclysm
- You can flash anytime during the Demacian Standard/Dragon Strike Combo to redirect the knock up (not the damage)
- You can ult mid E-Q Combo for faster damage without the knock up.
- You can proc Electrocute with your W (Auto Q W)
- Hold your E/Q combo when you get a gank. If your jungler has guaranteed Crowd Control, let them go first. If not, walk up to the enemy, use your Golden Aegis and then use your E/Q combo.
- Try to hit your Demacian Standard while performing the combo for maximum damage.
- YOU CAN BUFFER THROUGH ALL CROWD CONTROL BY USING YOUR E-Q COMBO:
- Opposite team may think it's J4 Jungle and offer you a good matchup.
- Enjoy playing an assassin with "no counterplay"
- Ult auto kills carries late game
- Enjoying getting ? pinged by your allies when the enemy dies
- 0 lane sustain without Corrupting Potion
- Conqueror Champions run over you (You have to be a better player to execute well)
- Damage can be dodged
- Enjoy getting ? pinged by your team mates for building "wrong."