This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Boom - Headshot! Preseason Guide (Gameplay video - Full game
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
This is my 3rd guide! (THIS GUIDE IS STILL IN BETA,I will explain my item builds/gameplay as soon as I get more free time to update the guide,thanks for your understanding)
Im challenger marksman from EUNE, this is my Caitlyn guide and i will lead you through it showing you only CORE information for Caitlyn.
Here is the full high elo gameplay with commentary, enjoy!
(If you like the video please SUBSCRIBE - it means alot to me!)
Why am i making this guide? Back in S2 I decided to main ADC role and got pretty high Elo, I have atleast 500 Caitlyn games in total and im currently ranked as one of the best AD-carries on EUNE.
Heal is a basic pick up for ADC player, ADC role is a squishy role, you must provide most damage in teamfights and sometimes, specially in soloQ you cannot count on your support, this may help you survive fatal damage, also it's crucial spell for fighting in bottom lane.
You may consider taking Barrier if you KNOW enemy support has Ignite,but i do not recommend it.
Why? Well, Barrier counters ignite,but you are not ALONE on lane, so your Heal could be a much better use.
IMPORTANT: Always use Heal to save your support or nearby allies if they are about to die, DO NOT FORGET THAT, your teammates will appreciate it!
Tip: Heal also provides a little bit of movement speed, it's hardly noticeble, but it has many uses ... If you need just a little more movement speed to take down important target or to escape a certain death, do not hessitate to use it even if you have full health points.
Flash is main summoner spell for almost every champion.
It has many uses:
- Escape gank
- Dodge skillshot
- Secure kill
Flash is a crucial spell for AD carries, you are squishy, you must live!
If you die your team might lose teamfight easily, you are their main source of damage, you are the brain of whole team!
What im trying to say? Well, flash will save everytime you f*** up, literally.
Bad position? Got caught? Standing in the middle of Rumble ult? NP, flash away!
FLASH IS A MUST! No more discussion!
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed: you will need some attack speed, these Quints are MUST in your rune page, current ADC meta works with attack speed and graves scales pretty good with them.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: are standard Marks used by ADC,they help you deal more damage and last hit easier,why not Greater Mark of Attack Speed ?? You need atleast 8,5 AD in runes to make this lane work,so DO NOT change them.
- Greater Seal of Armor: facing the enemy ADC and Support, you will need some protection, I personally prefer Armor runes, but if you want to go ALL IN in the first 2 levels, you might try out Greater Seal of Health.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: you must consider taking these to survive easier,you can also replace 5 of those for Greater Glyph of Attack Speed to get some extra attack speed but that can be quite risky, it's up to you!
- Fury 5/5 is a must, taking those 5 points in Fury gives you an extra 4% of attack speed which is always welcome to your early, and specially late game.
- Feast will give you easier last-hitting and some early sustain.
- Vampirism is clearly better option than Natural Talent , that early sustain is amazing and even good in lategame
- Bounty Hunter Excells pretty good in soloque, once you get atleast 2 unique kills,it already worths more than Oppressor
- Battering Blows Grab that bonus ARP.
- Fervor of Battle is the most powerful mastery for ADC now after the Warlord's Bloodlust nerf, it will help you deal bonus damage whenever you get in combat, enjoy!
- Savagery Helps last hitting early game.
- Secret Stash whenever you grab a potion you get a better version of it.
- Merciless is an amazing mastery, that 5% bonus damage can be matter of life and death.
- Dangerous Game is strongest mastery in League of Legends, this will make you survive that annoying Ignite, you can survive longer in teamfights, crucial for kiting.
|This item will help you trough that early game, will also make your ultimate ability more dangerous,give you some critical chance and will make sure that those crits you make actually hurt.|
Another great item for Caitlyn, it gives you 75 AD which is highest AD stat in game which greatly increases damage of your Piltover Peacemaker and Ace in the Hole aswell of your Headshot, do not forget that 20% Lifesteal and amazing
Unique passive: When you deal damage you create a protective shield if your health is on 100%, this will keep you safe from poke and keep you healthy in teamfights.
|I don't like this item very much but it is crucial for taking down those strong tanks.. I miss the old Last Whisper from Season 5.|
|When Caitlyn gets Runaan's Hurricane the game is pretty much over... what do i mean ? Well, when you enter teamfight, Your Unique Passive will make additional 2 shots for you which: Proc crit,Proc your passive (3 stacks if you hit 3 enemies) which is absolutely insane + you crit is on 80% + your attack speed is huge, GG.|
Take these when you finish your Rapid Firecannon,there are no better boots for Caitlyn than these, keep that in mind!
IMPORTANT:Your biggest priority is Rapid Firecannon, so you might consider skipping these boots and spare more gold in case to buy Firecannon even earlier because you have to get it as soon as possible in order to become stronger in dueling/early team fights.
Here you can see my Marksman montage!
This guide is currently in BETA phase,I will keep updating it.
You can add me on EUNE (Proxxiii) and on EUW (Mephiix) and spectate some of my games.
You can follow me here:
Check my latest ADC Montage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAHWOZU_XPM
Check my S6 Lucian Guide:
- GUIDE UPDATED FOR Preseason
- I am currently working on new montages and some other projects, For more info follow me on facebook!
Check my current rank/division here: