Braum Build Guide by Loolez
Braum 11.21 Support Guide: The Shepherd of ADCs
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+8 ability haste
Threats & Synergies
As she has many projectiles, you want to try and block all of those (such as Ult, Q, W). if you block all of Ashe's various projectiles, it should be an easy lane for your adc, also as she isn't mobile in the slightest apart from kiting with her slow, landing your q will be easy and stunning her shouldn't be a problem.
You want to use your shield against her Q, Ult and a little tip is to go onto the traps she places down, and then use your shield as it neglects the headshot passive, thus wasting her valuable time at either cs'ing and trading, with your ADC also having a chance at poking if they're smart enough.
You want to try and shield his Ult and abilities, but because he has so many projectiles, it's sometimes a very hard job to block all of them, not forgetting your shield is only up for a few seconds while he can spray abilities at you.
Everyone hates Draven, just because his q will destroy you shield, so the best thing to do is to try and be away from his auto attack range in lane. However, if you want to engage, bait his E out and block it with your shield before trying to stun him asap, otherwise your probably dead. (Don't forget, you can also block his ultimate with your shield).
Just for the fact that Ezreal really depends on his Q and ult, as long as you shield those, he will be entirely useless.
Another champ who isn't too hard to lane against, your shield neglects his ult and his Q which mean he will be useless in team fights.
Although he is a projectile based champ, with his ult and abilities, because of his damage, as in Jhin's ult being based on missing health, most of his abilities, although you can block them, will do a lot of damage to you. The best thing I recommend is tanking it all up, even if you die, just so that you can save your team so they can go in and finish him off with no problem.
She isn't too hard to lane against, just try and block her abilities and try to block her ult when she tries to kill the adc, however late game can be a problem as she is a hyper carry, which means as soon as she gets 1 kill it's going to be very hard to land your q or stun her (as her passive gives her speed) therefore late game you wanna do as much as you can to jump on her or flash on top of her to try and stun her straight away, with your team hopefully jumping in.
His ult can be very annoying, but otherwise its a simple lane, try to block his projectiles and because he has to stand still most of the time to auto attack really fast, therefore you can q and stun him really easily
As she doesn't have many projectiles, laning against her is annoying and fights normally end up with you and your ADC's deaths, however I didn't put her as a major threat as kindred ADC will literally be useless late game as long as she does not get any stacks, and since shes not in jungle she relies on kills for stacks, you'd want your laning phase to be VERY passive, let time wear her down.
His ult is nothing to you, very easy to block, however, if your a against a good Lucian who really knows how to use his passive (by using each ability consecutively in order to give him lots of double auto attacks) then he normally will demolish you, his E makes him dash very easily away from your Q so stunning him is also hard sometimes, I recommend a very passive and defensive laning phase and in team fights just try to block his abilities.
I don't know about others, but I win most games I've played against miss fortune, if you see her picked in champ select, insta-lock in Braum, all you have to do is jump infront of her when she ults, use your shield, and she's useless. You can q and stun her incredibly easily. If your a good Braum, then this should be an easy game, play very aggressive!
This is another simple champ, her ult gives her lots of movement speed which means landing a Q or stunning her can be difficult, but otherwise your shield negates her passive when she uses abilities, so you can block all the empowered auto attacks very simply, shouldn't be too hard if done correctly
blocking her Q and W is pretty easy to do, making your life easy in this case, however her ulti can be quite harmful as the movement speed buff means stunning and landing q is difficult to do, plus because of her E which is a spell shield, if shes good, she will be able to block your Q and neglect your stun, so sometimes getting her pinned down isn't very easy
Your job this whole game is too try and stun her, otherwise your kinda useless, of course you can block her auto attacks and her ultimate, but most of her abilities aren't projectiles so your kinda weak to her...
Laning phase is neutral, recommend playing aggressive as twitch is easy to kill because of his low health, and his ult is very easy to block with your shield so team fights are very easy to fight.
Q easy to block so he can be useless at times, in laning phase try and block all his Q's especially when he tried to farm, deny him all farm.
TRUE DAMAGE FROM HER PASSIVE HURTS, your shield is pretty useless because of the true damage, I don't recommend picking Braum against a vayne.
The fact that your shield can stop her feather projectiles will help a lot since she will not be able to root anyone as long as you use your shield effectively. (Also if she does not have a Rakan as her support then the lane becomes even easier).
Kai'Sa is a strong champion overall, however the problem lays in the fact that she is very mobile and has a lot of movement speed, this means that getting a stun on her is not very easy. In addition, her late game passive damage can one-shot an ADC if used effectively, and with her mobility she can escape your stun + out-position your shield, leaving you in a useless position. In general terms, a good Kai'Sa will beat Braum.
200 years... Just make sure you are ready to block his ult with your E, save it for this Occasion and he should not be a massive threat!
When should you pick Braum?
If your team has picked all squishy champs, no tanky top or jungler, then it is a good idea to pick Braum in this situation since you can be the tank of the team. If the enemy team is full of champs which can one shot your team mates, then pick Braum to block their combos, also read over my 'Vs. Champions section', and if they pick one of the easily lane-able champs, then pick Braum.
When thinking about which ADC's you should pick Braum with, then here's a list and reasons why about which ones might be the most optimal:
- Lucian: As with his passive and yours together, you can complete your 4 hit stun very easily.
- Varus: CC chains are very easy to do with Braum and Varus because if one of you lands an ult, it should be an easy kill as you can keep a CC chain acyive on the enemy for a long time.
- Ashe: With Ashe's Q and R, you should be able to have a long CC chain that can last up to 5 Seconds with her ultimate and your ultimate + 4 hit CC passive.
- Caitlyn: In lane, if you were to land a Q and finish your passive stun, then Caitlyn can follow up with an easily placed trap, to cause a very CC chain.
- Miss Fortune: Any CC you can create, even if its a Q slow, is enough for Miss Fortune to bring out her slow from her E and then use her ult, getting maximum damage from it as opponents stay in its range for a longer time period.
- Kalista: If she was too ult Braum, you can then create a massive CC chain by a double knock up, as landing into an opponent from Kalista's ult knocks them up then you use Braum ult for a second Knock up, which by then gives you enough time to apply your passive onto whomever is CC'd and create a big CC chain.
These are personally my favourite ADC's to play with, and from my years of playing Braum I have found them the easiest to lane with, others may have different opinions so don't take mine to be factual :) But so far, from what you can see, pick Braum if you can create a CC chain, this is not just limited to ADC's, but also look at your teams champs overall, if you can create a CC chain with them, then Braum is the correct pick.[/color]
I am now going to go through why I have picked these runes so that you get more understanding on how they are compatible with your in-game build and role:
- Resolve Tree with secondary Inspiration Tree: This will give you an added bonus of +30-270 Health (at levels 1-18). This is incredibly useful as it will help you stay tanky, not get poked out easily in lane, but most importantly, give more base health scaling to your Locket of the Iron Solari, giving you a bigger shield for you team mates when activated.
- GUARDIAN: Guard allies you cast spells on and those that are very nearby. If you or a guarded ally would take damage, you're both hasted and granted a shield. Cooldown: 70-40s. This is very useful for shielding team mates and helping them stay alive, but the real saviour is the little burst of movement speed (from the "haste") that allows you to escape bad situations incredibly easily. Also, it helps keep you safe to farm in lane so you are not poked out early from ranged supports.
- BONE PLATING: After taking damage from an enemy champion, their next three spells or attacks against you deal 15-40 less damage (at levels 1-18). This again is useful when it comes to laning as it helps you be able to engage to get farm and proc your Relic shield stacks without being poked out early.
- CONDITIONING: After 10 min, gain +8 Armor and +8 Magic Resist and increase your Armor and Magic Resist by 5%. Incredible when it comes to compatibility with your build and W, as it will increase your base armor and magic resist from items such as Locket of the Iron Solari and Zeke's Convergence, and also boost your W armor and magic resist passive.
- OVERGROWTH: Gain additional permanent max health when minions or monsters die near you. Once again, this is synergistic with Locket of the Iron Solari as well as all your other health items, as the boost in health percentage increases the amount of shielding you get from Locket of the Iron Solari, helping save teammates in the biggest of dilemmas.
- MAGICAL FOOTWEAR: You get free boots at 10 min but you cannot buy boots before then. Each takedown you get makes your boots come 30s sooner. This passive is very important as its basically a free 300 gold, not only that, but also the increase in 10 movement speed given by the passive of these special boots goes in synergy with mobility boots as it will help you chase and out run enemies much more easily. Also, I recommend not switching this rune as boots aren't needed early in laning phase as you should be mainly focusing on finishing your eye of the aspect and its Warding Quest.
- APPROACH VELOCITY: Gain bonus MS towards nearby allied champions that are movement impaired or enemy champions that you impair. This rune is most compatible with Braum as a whole, not only can you travel to helpess stuck "sheep" (team mates) and save them much faster, but its very synergistic with your Q, as your Q slows down enemies, procing the rune which gives you movement speed towards them, helping finish off those 4 stacks to get the stun, and hopefully ending in a kill. This rune is incredibly important.
Once again, this is only me personal preference, and those who have played Braum for a while may want to change a few things, which is perfectly fine. The runes don't make the champion great, its the way you utilise them that really shows how great you are at that champion.
Against flat AD - I recommend swapping Righteous Glory for Dead Man's Plate, again for the extra armor and health, and also for the speed up to help you engage in a team fight situation. If you are really struggling and the enemies are ahead, I recommend switching Knights Vow for Thronmail so not only will your armor be incredibly high (helping you survive a fight), but you will also be dealing damage when you use your E - Unbreakable, helping set up a fight for your team very easily (by getting your opponents low). Do this when going against a team heavy in flat AD, such as champions like Kha'Zix or Riven...
Against armor penetration / lethality - I recommend swapping Righteous Glory for Dead Man's Plate, again for the extra armor and health, and also for the speed up to help you engage in a team fight situation. If you are really struggling and the enemies are ahead, I recommend switching Randuin's Omen for Sunfire Cape, as going heavy armor is useless since your opponents will shred through armor, instead going with this will not only give you constant damage in team fights (because of the Cinder effect), but it will also give you a massive health bonus needed to keep you alive in a team fight against your enemies. Do this when going against champions building full lethality/armor penetration, such as Zed or Pyke...
Against flat AP - I recommend switching Righteous Glory for Adaptive Helm, as it doesnt affect your cooldown reduction, so you can spam abilities, and gives you very good sustain in a team fight from the passive that reduces damage over time by 20% for 4 seconds. If you are really struggling and the enemies are ahead, I recommend you swap Randuin's Omen for Abyssal Mask, so that you become more tanky against AP damage, and so that you provide that extra magic penetration for your team. Do this against champions like Brand or Morgana...
Against burst AP - I recommend you swap Righteous Glory for Spirit Visage, so you get more health and magic resist, overall giving you incredible defensive statistics, to survive the burst and to protect your fellow teammates from being burst down (also not reducing your cooldown reduction). If you are really struggling and the enemies are ahead, I recommend you swap Randuin's Omen for Gargoyle Stoneplate so you can activate it as soon as you are about to get burst (so that you survive much more easily). Do this against champs like Annie or Lux and so on...