Build Guide by Rexxen
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Jarvan IV Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everybody, and welcome to my Jarvan IV guide! First of all, I would like to give credits to the man that created all this you can see - Kukuksumusu. He was only too lazy to make a guide, so he gave me a permission to write it down and post it here. Thus, every credit goes to him. :P
This is DPS and Survival Jarvan build, so if you wan to tank, then look for another one. :)
Remember that everything in this build can be swapped for another items. Everyone has his own preferences. ;)
Pros / Cons
1) Awesome ultimate, for both single-target killing and teamfights.
2) Very strong E+Q combo (really strong CC in teamfights and chasing or escaping)
3) Great intiator
4) High survivability combined with decent DPS
5) Shield with AoE slow
6) Looks like PALADIN (or Dragon Slayer), which is cool! ;)
1) His ultimate can trap him (or his teammates) to death, when used wrong (like half of Rexxen's uses ;)) <- Thank you Kukuksumusu! ^^
2) Escapable ulti
3) Vulnerable to CC's
4) Will be nerfed soon
- Helps you chase enemies, escaping and it has one interesting use - you can use your ultimate, and then flash away, so you can keep your enemies trapped while you escape. When combined with your EQ combo, it's formidable.
- Helps you survive from DPS's, like Master Yi etc. when buffed in your masteries. Together with Flash, possibly one of best picks.
- Chasing, escaping.. What more could you ask for? Another great pick.
- This is not quite recommended, I do not use it, but it can still be helpful.
Take Dragon Strike as often as possible, because it's your best harass and damage output skill. Probably the best pick (except ulti).
Your next skill is Golden Aegis. It increases your armor, by an amount that depends on enemy champions nearby. You can pick this earlier in game than I specified, especially if you need more resistance or if you die often. Also, it slows, so you can use it for chases, but only in rare cases.
The Demacian Standard is your second most needed skill. , because it let's you support yourself and your team and use your CC - sending your enemies airborne with Standard and Strike combo helps soooo much in fights. ;)
Your ultimate - Cataclysm is really powerful, I will not explain what it does, just keep in mind - it's dangerous for both opponents and your team, because you can lock yourself/your injured teammate within a circle with DPS's and they would kill you/him. Think before leap. (From personal experience of Mr. Rexxen :-D )
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration x9 and Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana Regeneration x9 - Because Jarvan needs mana, and buying something for MR is waste of slots, IMHO.
Greater Mark of Attack Speed x9 - You can pick ArP instead, it's just here because you need to deal damage.
Greater Quintessence of Experience - You can use almost anything in fact, but this is my favorite pick.
- Because Phreak said so. :D Anyway, placing wards leads to map awareness, has cool lifesteal..
- Because slow is useful, and it gives nice boost to stats.
- You need to deal some damage, right? And this will even help you get your Infinity Edge :P
- Who does not want more ASP and criticals?
- Because it's awesome.
- You won't probably get this far, but if yes, this is indeed great choice.
- Sir Rexxen's favorite item :)
Other possible items
- This can be useful to counter DPS's like Yi and to increase your overall defense
Start with Cloth Armor and 3 (three) Health Potions and (SURPRISE!) choose some lane.
Level up your Dragon Strike (Q) and keep last hitting creeps and harassing enemies. If you have Mp/5 runes, you will probably have enough of mana, but if you don't have them, just don't waste your MP.
If you're on line with someone who can do some nice dmg and has some kind of stun (like Anivia, Xin Zhao or Sion), you will probably have no problem with getting first blood or at least some fast kills. Just use your Demacian Standard + Dragon Strike (E+Q) combo and autattack.
Get your Wriggle's Lantern and Mercury's Treads (if you are forced to recall before you can afford Wriggle's Lantern get Boots of Speed and go farm back to your lane fast).Now say good bye to your early game!
Now you're rushing Frozen Mallet, so farm, farm, kill, kill, murder, murder, murder ;). You can use E + Q combo on caster minions now, which results in 3 creep kills if you aim properly.
Remember: Always be killing something! You need items!
After Frozen Mallet go for B. F. Sword and then for Phantom Dancer.
Now you're hitting really hard and you aren't an easy target. So when you're in a teamfight, choose the squishiest target (like Teemo) and just kill him with your skill combo and autoattack.
Next items depends on your choose, but I prefer The Bloodthirster and Guardian Angel. Do not forget that you can buy Elixir of Agility, Elixir of Fortitude and (if you don't know, what to do with golds) Elixir of Brilliance.
You are NOT jungling. :)
You can either solo lane, or lane with a partner. Jarvan is great in all situations.
Here are some screenshots from Kukuksumusu's games (note that I will update this periodically):
So, thank you for reading, hope this guide helped you alot! :)
Please, vote and comment :P It will help to add what you need most etc.
One last (and important) hint: Do NOT trust him when he says "Today is a good day to die!"