Kayle Build Guide by Ceda122
Kayle - The Judicator [8.24] (Pre-season 9) [Mid/Top]By Ceda122 | Updated on December 17, 2018
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: Standard game
+10% Attack Speed
+10 Adaptive (6 AD or 10 AP)
+15-90 HP (lvls 1-18)
+10% Attack Speed
+10% Attack Speed
+6 Magic Resist
+6 Magic Resist
First of all, special thanks to jhoijhoi for making a guide about how to make guides.
Hey guys! I am Ceda122 (BoxBoxBestGirl on EuW) and this is my first guide and It's about Kayle (Though this is an update of an old guide I made when I was on a lower elo. Yes, lower than plat ¬¬).
I worked a lot to make this guide the best I could, and I would appreciate any and all feedback that you guys may provide.
I hope this build brings new Kayle players because Kayle is really fun to play and it's also a nice champ to climb on solo queue, especially if you're good with her (sounds obvious, I know, duh).
Holy fervor: Kayle's autoattacks ( Righteous Fury count as autoattack) against enemy champions reduces their armor and magic resistance by 3% for 5 seconds. This debuff stacks up to 5 times so you can get a 15% reduced armor and MR on one objective with the 5 stacks.
Reckoning: Blasts a target, dealing magic damage and slowing its movement speed for 3 seconds and applies a stack of Holy fervor.
- Use it to max the damage with Righteous Fury.
- Use it to escape from someone or to chase someone.
Divine blessing: Blesses a target allied champion, healing them and increasing their movement speed for 3 seconds.
- You can use it on a tank of your team to engage easily.
- You can escape from someone if you use Reckoning and then Divine Blessing.
- You can cast it almost at the same time you hit an auto-attack to cast it while you hit the auto-attack, cancelling the AA animation but still dealing the damage
Righteous fury: Kayle harnesses her righteous fury to increase her attack range by 400 (to 525) for 10 seconds. These attacks splash, dealing additional magic damage to her target and nearby units take a percent of her attack damage plus magic damage. The splash damage won't affect turrets.
- You can use it to deal tons of AOE damage.
- Its good to lower the armor and MR in an area.
Intervention: Kayle bathes a target ally champion (or herself) in holy light, rendering them immune to all damage for a few seconds.
+ Great for bullying
+ Good ability to farm and shove lanes
+ High damage and AOE
+ You can save yourself or any ally with your ult, which can result on winning a teamfight or even a game
|Kayle is an excellent champion for bullying the enemy, and excels on doing tons of damage and being useful in teamfight due to her huge AOE damage with her E Righteous Fury, her ultimate Intervention and even sometimes with her W Divine Blessing giving so needed movespeed or healing.|
- Relatively squishy in early
- Bad vs early champs
- Lacks early power
|The part I dislike about Kayle is the early game because she needs a lot of mana if you often use abilities, and if the jungler ganks you in early or your enemy is an early game oriented champ, you might have trouble staying in lane.|
You have to max E Righteous Fury to max out your AOE damage and to reduce the cooldown of it. You have to level up the ultimate Intervention each time you are able to. Then, you have to max the Q Reckoning because of the slow increase so you can hit the E Righteous Fury easier and you can get one stack of Holy Fervor only landing the Q, which is good to lower their magic resist and deal more damage.
Levelling W Divine Blessing second wouldn't be a bad idea sometimes too because it heals more, even with the little ammount of AP this build has. It also gives more speed the more you level it up and if you have a teamcomp with a lot of cc you don't really need to level up the Q Reckoning second because the slow increase won't be that important with a team that has cc.
Eitherway, in general, it's a better idea to level up Q Reckoning second but sometimes levelling W Divine Blessing second helped me to win fights on certain situations which led to winning a game, so definetely consider giving it a try.
I just wanna make a quick point here because with Kayle Mid you can either use Teleport, Ignite or even Exhaust.
- Teleport would be the primary choice to cover Kayle's weakneses on early game, you could shove the lane, get gold and exp, repeat until you run out of mana, go base and come back fast, that would be a nice way of starting but of course there are more ways.
Also, teleport has the obvious advantage of being a good tool for splitpushing and reuniting with your team when they need help and are far away from you.
- Exhaust is an excellent choice (and a tilting one for the enemy) if you face something like Talon, Yasuo or Zed, and overall is a great spell to help your teammates.
- Ignite Is my prefered choice for a lot of games because of the cheese potential and the potential to get a nice and juicy first blood if the enemy is overconfident or if your jungler helps you out early.
My personal choices
- Press the Attack or Lethal Tempo May be my main choice at the moment you are reading this guide, because I swap a lot between these two, read below for a comparison between both.
- Presence of Mind: This rune helps Kayle a lot because it gives her after a kill a 10% CD reduction on her Intervention and also a 20% mana restore. So this rune is kind of awesome to keep using her heal or get mana mid fight and also to have your ult back sooner.
- Legend: Alacrity: Doesn't need a lot of explanation, Kayle benefits so much of attack speed.
- Coup de Grace: Both of the other options, Last Stand and Cut Down are also good options because of the slight nerfs to Coup de Grace, but still, this rune stands above the rest.
- Transcendence: With this rune and Nashor's Tooth you get to 30% CDR which is the ammount Kayle needs to have perma E since patch 8.1, so this rune is essential.
- Manaflow Band: Due to ultimate hate being moved to Domination, I swapped it for Manaflow Band or sometimes Gathering Storm. This rune gives you a bit more mana which is always nice on Kayle.
- Last Stand: This one is somewhat nice because you can make profit of it in certain situations like a fight where you got low on hp and used the ult on yourself and even in early lane fights when you and your opponent are both low.
- Triumph: This rune is being used by almost any champion who uses Precision runes and that's because both the bonus 20 gold and the restoration are nice, so it's also a good option on Kayle.
- Nullifying Orb: It might be usefull against heavy AP team comps or against heavy hitting AP enemy laners.
- Gathering Storm: Due to Kayle being a mid to late game champion, this rune might be useful and even game deciding in long games. I would say that if you are in Gold or below, you should take it, since games are usually longer there.
- Cut Down: Since the slight nerfs to Coup de Grace, this rune and Last Stand have become better and a completely viable option. This rune in particular is nice because it's always nice to be able to cut through tanks easily in a meta where there are quite a decent ammount of tanks.
The Eternal Lethal Tempo vs Press the Attack War.
I'm not gonna explain the main rune above because I swap a lot between Lethal Tempo and Press the Attack as I said above, so I'm gonna explain what benefits each rune has:
- Press the Attack This rune is pretty good on Kayle because it simply increases your damage output a lot due to Kayle having mixed damage while having her E activated and also due to the big ammount of on-hit effects that items like Nashor's Tooth or Guinsoo's Rageblade have.
- Lethal Tempo: Attack speed always benefits Kayle, so it's kind of obvious that it would suit her, but sometimes this rune is just overkill. If you're a beginner on Kayle or you don't have any knowledge in kiting/orb walking you should take Press the Attack.
Note about getting perma E as of patch 8.23 (it's not new to this patch but it's still relevant):
- You only need 30% CDR to have perma E, so just Transcendence and Nashor's Tooth are enough to get it. That's why you should not need to pick the +10% CDR on level 18 rune and take the Attack speed one instead. Also, you may build some items like [[Zhonya's Hourglass] but the CDR is not really needed, though it may be useful to reduce the rest of the cooldowns.
So now, you're up to play with Kayle and you know how to, or at least you know how to build her. Remember using the Q Reckoning to slow down enemies and lower their magic resist while you hit them with the E Righteous Fury so you can get a pretty decent amount of damage. Remember that the heal Divine Blessing gives you Speed apart from HP.
Have fun in the fields of justice with Kayle!