My IMMORTAL Nautilus Build (All Lanes: Top/Mid/Jungle/Bot)
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: Immortal Heal Version
+10% Attack Speed
+15-140 HP (lvls 1-18)
+10% Attack Speed
+10% Attack Speed
+10% Attack Speed
Champion Build Guide
My nickname is BaLoRi, I am an Educational Content Creator/Streamer part of Fnatic and FNC Network.
This Mobafire profile and the guides I am creating meant to explain my unique playstyle and build theory to my Community and make my Balorians even stronger 🔥
All the guides that I am creating are ONLY for champions that will give you 70%+ win ratio and these are the very same builds that I am using to rank up without trying.
You can find me anywhere:
Live on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/BaLoRi
Discord server: https://discord.gg/ag8tYgq
Lets now start with our OP Nautilus Build guide and how to win games easier than ever!
People think that Nautilus is a SUPPORT ONLY CHAMPION, in our guide I will show you that Nautilus is the STRONGEST champion in the game that will destroy all no matter what you got against!
Check out what our Full Immortal Nautilus Riftmaker build can do here:
And another with the Full Immortal Nautilus Iceborn Gauntlet build can do here:
And here you can see our Own Jungle Nautilus Build version:
No matter which Immortal build you will choose, Nautilus will be a total MONSTER in ANY LANE, be it Top, Mid, Jungle, support or even BOT cause we maximizing his potential greatly by using the BEST item-runes-skills combinations that will make you unstoppable while of course having tons of fun while playing him!
Nautilus is one of the champions right now that not only will totally destroy any champion, or even 3 champions (1v3) with our build, but will also support his teammates cause of your insane CC, he got one of the highest CC combos in the entire game and he is the ONLY CHAMPION that got CC with his passive that will keep the targets close to you and that will let you keep on and increase the damage from Sunfire Aegis plus all other effects that you got with the runes/items we will talk below!
Let’s get started by explaining why Nautilus is the STRONGEST of all!
Grasp of the Undying One of the most powerful runes in the game for champions like Nautilus Grasp got 3 effects that most people cant understand, max %HP dmg, max %HP Heal and another one that will give you 5 permanent HP each time you are activating, that means, as long as you are keep fighting you will only get STRONGER AND STRONGER! Its one of the runes that got unlimited potential and thats what we need!
Shield Bash A super important rune and probably one of the most powerful runes in the game for shield type champions, a MUST TO HAVE for Nautilus and one of the reasons that to go for Grasp is the only way, it will give you bonus Armor-Mr each time you got a shield PLUS bonus damage that scales with the % of the shield plus your %bonus HP for your next basic attack cause of your Titan's Wrath and Winter's Approach you will use Shield Bash EVERY SINGLE time cause of the how many shields you will have all the time. Shield Bash will be the perfect combo with Revitalize and Spirit Visage cause you will multiply by 40% the shields with the one that you got and you will gain more damage at the same time cause of the other one!
** Second Wind Another monstrous rune, HP REGAIN each time you receiving damage from the enemy that scales with your MISSING HP, people keep underestimate it, but cause of this rune and Doran's Shield you will be totally UNSTOPPABLE early, cause of this double regeneration from level 1 you will have ability to trade with the enemy for AS LONG AS YOU WANT and kill them easily while being Full HP!
Revitalize One of the most BROKEN runes that on certain champions works incredible, Nautilus is one of them, 5%-15% BONUS HEALS that together with Spirit Visage you will increase this to 30%-40% and will make you an IMMORTAL MONSTER! Also you will increase your SHIELDS by 30%-40% that means your Titan's Wrath plus the heals or shields that you will have from allies such as Janna Yuumi Sona etc.
For the secondary runes tree we got two different options!
Cheap Shot Bonus True dmg after your CC, that means you will activate this rune non stop with Passive-Q-E-R making you use also true damage on your engages!
Taste of Blood If you want better sustain, then this is your option, bonus HP each 20seconds while damaging your enemies, this amount will multiplied by 40% cause of Revitalize and Spirit Visage
Ultimate Hunter Bonus Ability haste for your Ultimate, our Depth Charge is one of our biggest weapons for our Immortal bear, now we will use it FASTER and destroy them more EASIER!
And also Precision:
Triumph Missing HP Heal plus bonus gold for every kill/assist, you think the heal value is low for this rune, but in reality you will be gaining more than 500-600 HP per kill/assist, cause you will multiply this heal by Revitalize and Spirit Visage
Presence of Mind if you got mana problems, then to go for this rune is a MUST, this will let you spam your skills more and apply even more damage to the targets!
Legend: Tenacity Bonus % Tenacity, making you have a total tenacity of 50%+ that will let you avoid ANY CC while fighting 1v5! One of the most important stats in the game that will also let you the option of going for Plated Steelcaps instead of Mercury's Treads to counter both CC and Basic attackers with lots of ON-hit effects!
Legend: Alacrity If you got close to none CC against you, then to go for this rune is a must, bonus attack speed that will let you activate Sunfire Aegis second burn effect and your W WAY MORE TIMES than before and apply even more damage!
By having this combination of runes you will realize that Nautilus is many times stronger than you think, making him impossible to die while having the damage to kill them all, even if you are 1v5!
If you want to understand how Heals, Shields and Regeneration works and why we are choosing these runes over anything else, we got our league masterclass that will help you:
**To fully understand the power of this rune Second Wind we will have a short example, Second Wind giving you health regeneration equal to 6 (+ 4% of your missing health)
cause its scales with the missing HP and cause we will have 4000+ TOTAL HP or even more with our BUILD, the moment you are with only 1000 HP left you will have regeneration 12 HP per second (120 in 10 seconds) this amount, will be multiplied by your Spirit Visage as well by 25% (it’s a shame that Revitalize is not scales with HP regan a well) that means, from the Second Wind alone and without calculating anything else you will have HP regain of ~16 HP per second (Imagine that you also have, the base hp regain, Spirit Visage hp regain, Warmog's Armor hp regain to sum them up to even greater number)
Let’s continue with the item choices now.
Note: If you got mana problems and even Presence of Mind is not helping, then you can also start with Doran's Ring and buy Doran's Shield on your first back!
Our first back item will always be Bami's Cinder plus we need a Refillable Potion and Tear of the Goddess if we got enough gold, your main focus is to go back to base with 1150 gold, in order to buy Bami's Cinder and Refillable Potion something that people ignoring is that by buying Refillable Potion as soon as possible in the game, you will have free pots all lane phage long and you will also sell it and gain back some of the gold that you invested to this item, making it TOTALLY FREE!
Then our main focus in to first buy Bramble Vest cause of the armor and its effects will make us even stronger, you will repel back damage while applying the Grievous Wounds effect that will reduce their healing at the same time!
After finishing our Bramble Vest and if you didn't buy it earlier then don't forget that we also need to buy an item part that we need to stack in order to finish our core item later on, this item is going to be Tear of the Goddess with this you will have enough mana to spam your skills more and not have overall mana problems later on and especially in full late game at all, another option here is to buy it on one of your backs after getting your Bami's Cinder and Refillable Potion
Then we will finish the legendary item Sunfire Aegis, you will get a huge amount of hp, armor but most importantly an AOE burn damage effect that will work perfect with Nautilus, your CC will force the target to be close to you NO MATTER WHAT and apply increase the burn damage to its max all fight long!!
Then we will start building one of our Mythic items!
The options are:
1. Riftmaker a very very powerful item for AP Immortals, this item will increase your AP, HP, Ability haste, Omnivamp and give you one of the most powerful passive effects in the game, bonus true damage plus it will increase your AP and Omnivamp per legendary item.
By having the bonus true damage from Riftmaker, everything that you got as damage effect, from hits to skills and items, will add another %Bonus true damage effect on top of that, making it impossible for the enemy target to survive, no matter how much armor or magic resist they got!!
2. Jak'Sho, The Protean another powerful choice, HP, Ability haste, bonus armor and magic resist, plus a passive effect that will increase your armor/mr and overall resistances BY A LOT the more you fight and a HEAL AOE effect, also you will get bonus armor and magic resist per legendary item!
3. Iceborn Gauntlet if you got against you dash like, or with high mobility champions, then this item is for you. You will add HP, Armor, Ability haste and bonus SLOW Effect after using your skills and hitting the target, that will let you have for the entire duration of any fight, an extra AOE slow effect that wont let the target get away NO MATTER WHAT, also the target you will hit first will also have reduced damage towards you, making it even more worth!
Per legendary item, Iceborn Gauntlet will give you some of the stats that Immortal Nautilus needs, bonus HP, TENACITY and SLOW RESISTANCE that will make you unstoppable!
Then we will finish our Thornmail, this item became such a wonderful choice to have, not only you will have more HP, Armor and damage return, but you will also have an extra 40% heal reduction effect that will be activated EVEN WITH YOUR HITS (cause of Staggering Blow) and Nautilus is the only champion that can do that, from your passive to be able to activate so many effects, like Thornmail second effect or cheap shot etc.
Next we will finish our Boots into MOST OF THE TIMES Mercury's Treads cause we need the extra TENACITY effect, plus to balance out the ARMOR and MAGIC RESIST, we will only have Spirit Visage for magic resist and together with the boots it will be MORE THAN ENOUGH!
If you playing against FULL AD teams with ZERO CC, then go for Plated Steelcaps especially against champion that using basic attacks as main source of damage, like for example Tryndamere Yasuo or Master Yi etc. this item will COUNTER THEM completely, cause it will reduce their pre-armor reduction damage by 12% (its pretty big, cause after that you will recude it even further cause of your resistances)
As next item we will from now on choose one of the MOST OP items that exist for our Immortal builds and champions like Nautilus that are SUPER MANA HUNGRY but also got a SHIELD and fully use the Shield Bash rune, this will be Winter's Approach a super cheap item that will give you HP, Tons of MANA to spam your skills, %Mana to HP effect and NON-STOP SHIELDS every time you are stunning/rooting someone with your Passive, Q and R or applying SLOW with E! That means, Nautilus will have 4 different skills (and one of them is his passive with no mana cost) to activate the shields effects of Winter's Approach after full stacking it and ADD ONE MORE tool to our insane IMMORTALITY!
For the final item choice for our Nautilus Immortal Build we got the following options:
1. Our next item will ALWAYS BE Spirit Visage this item might be one of the most important to have items for our build, the reason is cause of the combination of Revitalize that we talked about you will have an insanely amount of bonus healing, that will help you sustain and easily right now destroy any kind of enemy, be it FULL AD or FULL AP and even have the power to 1v3 easily! The stats that Spirit Visage gives are the most gold efficiency stats that you can buy in the game, not only you will have HP-MR-CDR-REGAIN but you will also have 25% BONUS HEALING from any kind of source that together with Revitalize will multiply heals and shields by 40%, and that effect also applying from the heals/shields that your teammates will do on you, so just imagine playing with a Soraka or Janna with you or even deadlier to have Yuumi a good Yuumi that will use aery and revitalize will make you TOTALLY UNSTOPPABLE if you got a duo and you want to try this combo, I will tell from now, its going to be something beyond imagination!!!
That means the shields that you will have from Titan's Wrath and Winter's Approach will increase their value by 40% for more sustain and that also means you will increase your TOTAL DAMAGE that you are doing with Shield Bash!
2. Another great option, will be the MOST gold efficiency item in the game, its passive alone is 1000% gold efficiency of its cost as a stat and this item of course is Warmog's Armor not only you will have HP, CDR, HP Regain but you will also have an insanely out of combat HP REGAIN, imagine that you will have the power to go in, fight literally for AS LONG AS YOU WANT and then, if you are TOO LOW, to flash or just simply walk away, wait for 10seconds and then go in again with FULL HP!
3. Redemption this item is going to MAKE US STRONGER and solve any mana problems in late game as well, so you will have HP, Ability haste, HP and mana regeneration, 20% BONUS HEALS and SHIELDS that will make you even stronger cause you will multiply everything by 60% and a AOE HEAL Plus 10% Max HP TRUE DAMAGE effect that you will destroy all with, for Nautilus this combo of items means that you can go in, fight for literally AS LONG AS YOU WANT and then leave the fight while being full HP and also heal your allies for up to 35% more cause Redemption and Revitalize effects apply for your teammates as well!
4. Demonic Embrace this item is a super powerful item for champions like Nautilus that can hit multiple targets at the same time, first of all you will have AP, HP, Bonus AP %HP and the passive effect of this item it will let you do max%HP damage to every target that you are hitting around you!
5. Gargoyle Stoneplate a late game item that will make you a true IMMORTAL especially if you want to have mix resistances! Gargoyle Stoneplate will give you stats: Armor, Magic Resist, % Bonus ARMOR and MR while fighting and a huge SHIELD that can used to avoid a huge amount of burst damage if you use it right.
6. Force of Nature the best choice while fighting HEAVY AP Damage teams, this item will give you, HP, HUGE MR, Movement speed and a passive effect that will let you dodge %of their damage, an effect that wont be affected by magic penetration, making it the best item to have if you want to survive their magic damage!
And also never forget to always get your Elixir of Iron for BONUS HP, TENACITY and also bonus movement speed for your allies that following you into battle
The Full Nautilus Item build should look like this:
Sunfire Aegis Riftmaker Thornmail Mercury's Treads Winter's Approach Spirit Visage and always Elixir of Iron
Sunfire Aegis Jak'Sho, The Protean Thornmail Mercury's Treads Winter's Approach Spirit Visage and always Elixir of Iron
Sunfire Aegis Iceborn Gauntlet Thornmail Mercury's Treads Winter's Approach Spirit Visage and always Elixir of Iron
And now you can fully understand why this combination of items together with RUNES is BY FAR the most powerful one that you can even play with on Nautilus
Riot think that Nautilus is a support champion? It’s time my Balorians to go out there and show the world how powerful this MONSTER really is, enjoy your free wins and always remember to have fun!!
So lets talk about what you need to focus.
Creeps(FOCUS on FARM): The most important thing is to focus on your farm, you need to farm fast and if you can kill all the creeps without missing even one. This way you will take the lead from your enemy champion, dont be afraid to use your skills for last hits even at the 1 level.
Learn how To improve your Farming and Wave Management by watching our League Masterclass:
Stay Alive: To not to die at lane and not have any kills is more worth than to be 3-3 or 4-4 with your enemy Lane champion.
Your build focusing to be the strongest at the MID-Late game, doesn't matter if you cant kill now, focus on farm and you will be able to show your true Strength at the right time of the game.
There are some simple and easy combos to use with Nautilus that will give you insane damage and also make you use as less mana as possible while taking as less damage as possible!!
If you are farming and you are playing against a melee champion, or a ranged one that is coming too close, then be sure to first hit the target once after having the Grasp of the Undying activated in order to apply all of its effects and also to have it again after 4 seconds and then INSANELY activate Titan's Wrath, this will reset your basic attack and instantly will apply the damage from the skill, Cheap Shot, Sunfire Aegis and Shield Bash and cause of its shield that will be multiplied by 30% to 40% cause of Revitalize and Spirit Visage you will literally take close to ZERO DAMAGE back then use your Riptide to apply even more damage and at the end of the combo you will have Grasp of the Undying on once again to activate it and do damage-heal!! So the combo is going like this: hit-W-hit-E-hit again, along the way you can also use your Q and R to maximize even more the damage, but this is a short-combo trade that will maximize your damage and sustain!!
**Note: Be careful that you might have mana problems at some point of the game after spamming your skills too much, so use the combos wisely, to just hit the target each time you got the Grasp of the Undying together with the damage from your passive Staggering Blow you will do FAR more than enough damage to any target without using any mana!!
For long range engage, then the combo stars with Dredge Line then hit to apply all from above and instantly Titan's Wrath - hit and of course Riptide
Wanna Rank up even faster? Then Watch our League Masterclass about Ranking up:
So remember the most important thing in this game is FARMING and to STAY ALIVE to overpower and kill them all will come as long as you focusing on these two things! Our Immortal Nautilus build will always be the strongest in full early to full late game, no matter how bad you play early, clear all the waves that is EASY with your passive and items, get your gold that you need, use your Dredge Line to engage first and instantly CC all or just go alone behind the teamfight and kill the enemy bot laners first, the moment they will see you, they will try to stop you but they will quickly understand that their tries is not even going to matter in front of the IMMORTAL MONSTER that you are, play with focus and you will always end up VICTORIOUS! Our different Nautilus match ups below will show you how to play this champion and show you the TRUE POWER of this champion and how to fully adapt to our gamestyle while using our builds!