This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Prepare to be supported!
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
- Grog Soaked Blade slows enemies on hit, and procs with Parrrley
- At level 9, Raise Morale gives 20 AD & 10% movement speed to nearby allies (double for you)
- Hard to kill
- Cannon Barrage gives global opportunities to slow enemy champs and get assists.
- Pickpocket works with Parrrley, and gives 5 gold since GP is a melee champ
- You arrrr a mighty pirate!
Gangplank is powerful support for teams with heavy AD composition, the utility just seems endless at some point, and you get to listen to Gangplank while playing. However, if your team is AP focussed, you might want to consider picking a different support
Pretty standard stuff. You get Greater Quintessence of Gold, since you don't farm. To prevent dying you get Greater Mark of Armor and Greater Seal of Armor runes. The Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist are for the lategame, and probably your best choice for Glyphs anyway.
If you prefer more poke, go for Greater Mark of Armor Penetration. Keep in mind that Parrrley is easily outranged on the botlane.
You are there to help your team. Help them with:
- Raise Morale + Zeke's Herald for damage & chasing (10+20=30 AD, 10% Movement, 20% Lifesteal)
- Aegis of the Legion/ Locket of the Iron Solari for Magic Resist, Health Regen & an activated shield
- Enchantment: Captain Boots for extra speed when disengaging, and faster minions to help pushing turrets
- Shurelya's Battlesong for extra speed chasing or disengaging
- Warding: this one should be first on the list, and I should not have to tell you
- Sweeping: buy Oracle's Elixir and earn it back by killing ALL THE WARDS! (and/or invisble champs)
As you don't need it for Cooldown Reduction, you can opt to replace Shurelya's Battlesong with Mikael's Blessing which is equally useful. By the time you get to upgrade Ohmwrecker will be useless as there are no more turrets and/or your team is too tanky.
Zeke's herald /
If you have an AP-heavy team composition Gangplank will be less useful; Build Will of the Ancients instead of Zeke's Herald to compensate, but it's better to pick another support.
Pop Locket of the Iron Solari at the start of an engage: half of its cooldown will be done by the end of the fight, and it will save champs, letting everyone survive with more health. Don't pop too soon of course, but if you keep it as an last resort, you are using it wrong!
These boots will keep you in position and out of trouble. Great for scouting and fleeing. If you are losing the game, Enchantment: Homeguard is always the best choice, but always consider getting Enchantment: Captain for its utility value.
As noted before: Parrrley loses it's punch without the proper items, and is outranged by many champs on the botlane, which makes it dangerous to use at some point. Therefore, max Raise Morale as quickly as possible, the buff really helps to take care of business, and can be spammed alot. Slow enemies with your Grog Soaked Blade & Exhaust, and ganks will prove to be quite succesful.
Keep an eye on the minimap, and glance quick looks at your teammates lanes. Map awareness is always a good thing to have, but with Cannon Barrage you also have total map presence; you canassist with ganks all over the map by blocking off escape paths and/or slowing the enemies. Just don't use it to killsteal, it aggravates your teammates, and loses you games. In general, if you killsteal, you ulted too late!
In the laning phase you are not the best support for your ADC, but after level 6, you are the best support for your team.
With your buffs you will ensure survival, succesful exchanges & teamfights, turret pushing will go quicker, and taking objectives like Dragon & Baron Nashor will be like boarding a ship of babies, or something...
Escaping from you and your team will be difficult because of your slows & speed buff. Even recalling in obivous spots will become dangerous when your ult is up.
Thank you for reading, and please leave comments!
GP support OP