This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
The Lane with Vayne is Filled with Tears and Pain
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
1. Don't kill things unless it would go unkilled otherwise, or you're the only one in lane.
2. Your kdr doesn't matter, it's your assists to death ratio that does.
3. Your AD Carry is your baby, you feed and protect them.
4. Don't feed the other team's carry. If you're about to die, try to make the support kill you.
5. You are there to make others look awesome. When you do your job, the team looks awesome.
8. Be credit to team.
I'm always open to feedback, so feel free to drop a note.
- You will be able to dominate the laning phase if you can land your hooks.
- You will be able to isolate opponents from their friends for cuddle times... with hooks.
- You will be able to slow your opponents to massive degrees, allowing your team to clean house in team fights late game.
- You will get to play Thresh...
- Heavily skill shot reliant.
- You won't be able to kill enemies one on one very often, due to your low damage output.
- If you can't collect souls, you'll be squishy as all hell.
- If your AD Carry is an idiot, they'll grab your lantern every time. This is why I don't play thresh with PUGs.
There may be more of each, but I haven't found them yet.
Make sure you communicate with your ADC so that they know when you're going to pull, and they can get into position. They will miss so many kill opportunities if you don't, and because you didn't communicate, it's YOUR fault, not theirs.
While The Box is a great tool for generally slowing down the enemy team, it's also a good escape tool in case of an emergency. Lay it down in narrow walkways to either make your pursuers go around, or slow them.