Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 273 of 413
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2013 6:43pm | Report
Wow thats very good for second try :3 I was never that good when I just started.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2013 7:09pm | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

A few pointers.

1. I like how you make the character glowing, but it hurts my eyes. And prob everyone else's too. Tone down the intensity of the glow, by 30-50%

2. Can barely read your text bud, try to make it more visible, however your placement of the text is fine.

3. Make the height of your sig a bit smaller. Maybe just about 50 to 75 less... Try to make it more width then size.

Overall looks nice :D Better then me for a second try.

Thanks a lot :D I still have the PSD so I will put to practice your advices pretty soon !

And yea, come to think of it, I left the opacity at 100% and duplicated the render after I applied the outerglow. So the glow duplicated aswell, that was pretty stupid from me :S Thanks again ! :D

Hogopogo wrote:

Wow thats very good for second try :3 I was never that good when I just started.

Thank you :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 7:02pm | Report
Very high contrast on your sigs, Amanda, maybe tone it down a little?

Yaya: I'd move the focus more to the left or right so it isn't smack bang in the middle :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 9:40pm | Report
Yaya: when it comes to photos, in particular (though this can be applied to anything with a focal point), there's something called the rule of thirds. Imagine your background is split into thirds. When you place your render or even a full image, you want the center of your focal to be on one of the two "lines" between the thirds rather than in the center of any of them.

attempt at helpful examples-
correct placement

incorrect placement

you'll notice that following this rule also makes text much easier to place attractively.

jai: yea, I haven't made anything in a while...it's a wonder any of it looks even sort of passable

EDIT: Classy sig is classy.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 10:28pm | Report
BUT AMANDA.... THE DEAD SPACE T_T Jk, the rule of thirds, is hard on sigs : / (not really depends on what you do). for example your sigs tha you just put out, at least brolaf and lux, can be considered that it doesnt follow the rule of 3rds but thats being picky :O When using the rule of 3rds its better when your using it for text. Things such as highly graphic thing ma sigs, such as xiaomaru, dont need it.

my general rule of thumb, if you got text, use the thirds.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 10:58pm | Report
*mumbles something about "they're only guidelines anyways"*

I wasn't trying to state it as "you must be perfect in your placement", however it still should be used as a rule of thumb. There's really no reason NOT to follow the rule in general...it's rarely going to be effective to place it another way...our eyes just find this more aesthetically pleasing in general.

I stated the focal point needed to be centered, not that the render should be centered on the line. xD On that topic, arguably the focal points of the Olaf and Lux ones are their torsos/faces rather than the geographical center of the renders. The middle of Olaf's arm would be a ****ty focal point, just sayin'.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 6:49pm | Report

So this is my 3rd attempt. I followed your advices and set my grid on 33% 3x3 for the rule of thirds, bigger text and less glow overall.

Tried to keep it simple, all I used was a render, background, and texture overlay 20% opacity, I don't feel confident with c4d yet. Of course I messed with vibrance, curves, Topaz Detail and Clean, and white soft brush :)

What do you think? Is it better or worse?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 7:10pm | Report
I like it. The fonts don't mesh well together, but yeah. I'd change that and that's about it

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 9:35am | Report
GD:
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 5:33pm | Report

4th Attempt.

I avoided any kind of flashy text font, kept it simple once again. Anything I could improve? Text placement maybe?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide