Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 387 of 413
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 9:56am | Report
Guys, it's a complete image, not a render.

LOL I'm having a hard time not to stretch the render, though I always end up stretching it. The original picture has Taylor Swift being on the center. And thanks for recommending font colors.

EDIT: HALP MEH! I need to move Taylor Swift to the left/right without stretching her! \(>3<)/

Here's the picture:
Well, you can either change the signature size or use a little cheat I use for situations like this:

I simply duplicated the original image after I scaled it down, used the flip tool to flip it horizontally, and moved this duplicated layer so it slightly overlapped the original image (on the right side) without looking perfectly mirrored. Then, after making the duplicated image the same size as the image itself (in my case, 500X175) so there was transparency to smudge into, I used the smudge tool to smudge along the obvious line and in other places to make it just look like a "continuation" of the image. Then you can just merge the two layers together if you plan to edit the colors at all. Not perfect by any stretch on images like this, but it'll fool most people. It really works better on images with solid backgrounds though.

As for text, I'd use two fonts. A simple (likely sans serif) font in a smaller size for "bandaids don't fix" and a larger, more gritty font for "bullet holes". The one that came to mind was this one, because it looks like it was shot up, but what you used originally would work well too.

A simple way to just make sure the colors of your text match is to just set white text to overlay and duplicate it a few times for visibility. I usually add a drop shadow for further depth, but it works okay with out it. The other option is to make a new layer from the visible ones and use the color picker to pick up a color. The yellow from the explosion on the side, for example. Here's an example where I did both:
(this text placement kinda sucks though)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 1:35pm | Report
I thought Namless was pretty much there with the final design, however, it still had a few flaws that cannot be corrected in GIMP. I took it into Photoshop and did a few more touch ups to it. Please see the final version below. And feel free to tip me for my services at cashforlordtoshabi[at]coolmail[dot]com.

Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2015 12:45pm | Report
I was bored. So I made this:

I was thinkin of new ideas "on the fly" and the last one was to make it look like a frame from one of those old film rolls. Don't know how it turned out, what do you think?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2015 8:46pm | Report
The text is hard to read, but besides that it looks pretty decent.

Try adding drop shadows, that can help readability in some cases.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2015 7:35am | Report
Well, you can either change the signature size or use a little cheat I use for situations like this:

I simply duplicated the original image after I scaled it down, used the flip tool to flip it horizontally, and moved this duplicated layer so it slightly overlapped the original image (on the right side) without looking perfectly mirrored. Then, after making the duplicated image the same size as the image itself (in my case, 500X175) so there was transparency to smudge into, I used the smudge tool to smudge along the obvious line and in other places to make it just look like a "continuation" of the image. Then you can just merge the two layers together if you plan to edit the colors at all. Not perfect by any stretch on images like this, but it'll fool most people. It really works better on images with solid backgrounds though.

As for text, I'd use two fonts. A simple (likely sans serif) font in a smaller size for "bandaids don't fix" and a larger, more gritty font for "bullet holes". The one that came to mind was this one, because it looks like it was shot up, but what you used originally would work well too.

A simple way to just make sure the colors of your text match is to just set white text to overlay and duplicate it a few times for visibility. I usually add a drop shadow for further depth, but it works okay with out it. The other option is to make a new layer from the visible ones and use the color picker to pick up a color. The yellow from the explosion on the side, for example. Here's an example where I did both:
(this text placement kinda sucks though)

This one! Thank you for this!
(Just saw this hours ago, I haven't visited this thread for almost a week :P)

I took your advise and made another one (I'm tired of seeing Taylor Swift's face):

EDIT: Adjusted the font size of "bandaids don't fix" because I thought it was as big as "bullet holes".

Toshabi wrote:

ALL HAIL LORD TOSHABI, OR TOSHIBA, OR CROCONAW. WHATEVER, STILL ALL HAIL THE LORD OF GREATNESS.
Sig made by me!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2015 8:03am | Report
Are you holding control when you scale images down? that'll keep the image from stretching in either direction
TheSilverDust
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2015 8:36am | Report
I... I don't know why it looks like that... I pressed this button so that the image doesn't stretch... You know... the chain...

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig! (Tekken!)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2015 8:50am | Report
._.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 2:21am | Report
So, I officially give up with that Taylor Swift signature because that resulted my brain to a sh*tstorm.

So to calm myself up, I called on the god of kawaii-ness and I found Prinnies, lost souls who become penguins and explode when thrown. And I made a signature for that:

Comments regarding this signature is appreciated.
Sig made by me!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 7:32am | Report
Upper text is a little pixely, isn't it?

by jhoijhoi

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide