Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 4:00pm | Report
Name: MissMaw
Link: Click
Have you read my Guide to Making a Guide? Yes
Have you run your guide through a spell check? Yes
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 4:02pm | Report
Thanks for your reply!

1. As a recreational Nidalee player, I obviously don't know 100% of what there is to know about her, but in the games I have played with her, I've found MS to be more beneficial than AD. Mainly because she can harass from the bushes easily - you can get in that extra ~7 damage with another auto-attack.

2. It depends on the lane. I wouldn't delay boots, even on Nidalee for Doran's, Doran's, Phage. But that's personal preference.

3. Then I would level Bushwhack over it for the utility - you can't say that it hasn't saved you from ganks due to the reveal - plus it does a lot of damage. I guess you could say the skill shot is as unreliable as the chance of an enemy stepping on a trap.

4. True. From what I remember of the new masteries, I don't think spell pen is available any more, which is a damn shame. I don't know if 15% is worth increased crit. Then again, it's only one point, pretty neligible.

5. Ah, the good old days of three Philo Stone Nidalee/Poppy/Amumu... I only pointed it out due to having Randuin's in your build. If you're going to buy it anyway, it's best to get the gold gen happening early. With Nidalee's mobility, you can get to base and back fast enough that the purchase doesn't set her back. I also mentioned it because whilst you're gold, the majority of your readers won't be. Even though I only mention BV as situational in my Ashe guide, the majority of the screenshots they send me have it in their builds. Whilst I understand Bruiser Nidalee is about the harass, it's not explicit in your guide - everything you've said to me in this reply you can put in your guide so other readers can understand your choices to the nth degree.

+1, +rep :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Rainfall
<Member>
Rainfall's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 4:15pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

1. As a recreational Nidalee player, I obviously don't know 100% of what there is to know about her, but in the games I have played with her, I've found MS to be more beneficial than AD. Mainly because she can harass from the bushes easily - you can get in that extra ~7 damage with another auto-attack.

2. It depends on the lane. I wouldn't delay boots, even on Nidalee for Doran's, Doran's, Phage. But that's personal preference.

3. Then I would level Bushwhack over it for the utility - you can't say that it hasn't saved you from ganks due to the reveal - plus it does a lot of damage. I guess you could say the skill shot is as unreliable as the chance of an enemy stepping on a trap.

4. True. From what I remember of the new masteries, I don't think spell pen is available any more, which is a damn shame. I don't know if 15% is worth increased crit. Then again, it's only one point, pretty neligible.

5. Ah, the good old days of three Philo Stone Nidalee/Poppy/Amumu... I only pointed it out due to having Randuin's in your build. If you're going to buy it anyway, it's best to get the gold gen happening early. With Nidalee's mobility, you can get to base and back fast enough that the purchase doesn't set her back. I also mentioned it because whilst you're gold, the majority of your readers won't be. Even though I only mention BV as situational in my Ashe guide, the majority of the screenshots they send me have it in their builds. Whilst I understand Bruiser Nidalee is about the harass, it's not explicit in your guide - everything you've said to me in this reply you can put in your guide so other readers can understand your choices to the nth degree.

+1, +rep :)

1. It's personal preference I guess, both me and Koksei have agreed that AD feels a lot better and is more useful, in our opinion.

2. OFC it depends on the lane. I wouldn't particularly rush boots against champions without a gap closer. I'll always rush ninja tabi if I need it.

3. Although bushwhack does deal quite a lot of damage, like you've said, it's ridiculously unreliable unless you spam it on every section of the map, they're pretty easy to dodge if you know what you're looking for. Also, I'd say levelling it just makes it worse during laning phase. The CD stays the same, but the mana cost goes up. You can't afford to be placing 120 mana traps down when your heal costs 140.

4. Yeah, not much to discuss here.

5. I probably should of done something about HoG, but what I didn't mention was I originally wrote this based off the S3 item previews, which of course, didn't include HoG, so randuins was built out of ruby crystal.

Anyway, I'm reworking the entire guide, because I didn't particularly like a lot of things. I thought the descriptions of certain items were a bit too bland, there was a random quick guide section that was out of position and provided absolutely nothing, and I didn't really go into depth about anything. Could you possibly do a re-review in the future? :P

(+Rep BTW)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Signatures by TheNamelessBard & Jhoijhoi
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 4:40pm | Report
NAME
MissMaw
CHAMPION
SR ADC Kog'Maw
RATING
7.5/10
DATE
18/11/2012

MissMaws ADC KogMaw Guide Review

Rainfall: Definitely, I'll be sure to do a rereview on S3 roll-out if you come back and remind me. I always learn so much from discussing things from a review, and of course reading a guide further boosts my knowledge. Explain some of your item choices better, explain the abilities in a way that isn't confusing (sorry, maybe my brain is addled? But the spoilers didn't help :/) and maybe a little tiny bit more in the gameplay section and it is truly worth a scout point.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 4:52pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
NAME
MissMaw
CHAMPION
SR ADC Kog'Maw
RATING
7.5/10
DATE
18/11/2012

MissMaws ADC KogMaw Guide Review

1. Double PD sounds fine to me, I just never do it since I i think IE>PD is better damage-vise.
2. I should yeah, i think at one point i wanted to, and then i forgot.
3. I don't know about the masteries, I don't really think the 21st mastery is better than the damage reduction. I do know it's bot quite as useful on Kog'Maw as say, Graves, but still :P
4. I think I was meaning to add an empty space between those and coughcough jus got caught in it.
5. Minion damage helps you with trading, but yeah, again, more useful for Graves and such :x
6. Yup I'm going to
7. I'm glad you like it :D Worked really hard on that :3
8. Should I sound more or less professional lols

But yeah, thanks for the review Jhoi I'll be sure to look into the mastery bit :3
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 8:14pm | Report
Name: Viola Orpheus
Link: Clickie!
Have you read my Guide to Making a Guide? YES
Have you run your guide through a spell check? YES
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 11:15pm | Report
NAME
Viola Orpheus
CHAMPION
SR Support Sona
RATING
7.5/10
DATE
18/11/2012

Viola Orpheus' SR Support Sona Guide Review

♡ sig by me ♡
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 12:53pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
NAME
Viola Orpheus
CHAMPION
SR Support Sona
RATING
7.5/10
DATE
18/11/2012

Viola Orpheus' SR Support Sona Guide Review

Thanks for the review =D +rep I've been debating as to whether I would ask for a review now or until I update the guide for S3. But I guess having it reviewed now would help in knowing what I'd need to look out for when I update it.

Answers
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 3:46pm | Report
Viola Orpheus
Introduction: Sure :3 Just make that a little clearer then :)

Backdooring: o.o Really. In my experience, a support alone, is a support dead.

Zeke's Rush: But you start with a Faerie Charm - it costs less to upgrade to PhiloStone, rather than ignore that FC and outright buy HoG.

Gameplay: I've found that I incorporate everything I possibly can into my guides. If another Ashe guide has pretty pictures, I'll do the same. Whatever my guide is lacking, and is being fulfilled by another guide - that's more chances for the person to read the other guide over mine ^^

Appearance: You don't have to do much. You never have to sacrifice content/information for aesthetics. Visuals only compliment information.

Thanks for replying, voted +1 on your Sona guide ^^

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 2:36pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Viola Orpheus
Introduction: Sure :3 Just make that a little clearer then :)

Backdooring: o.o Really. In my experience, a support alone, is a support dead.

Zeke's Rush: But you start with a Faerie Charm - it costs less to upgrade to PhiloStone, rather than ignore that FC and outright buy HoG.

Gameplay: I've found that I incorporate everything I possibly can into my guides. If another Ashe guide has pretty pictures, I'll do the same. Whatever my guide is lacking, and is being fulfilled by another guide - that's more chances for the person to read the other guide over mine ^^

Appearance: You don't have to do much. You never have to sacrifice content/information for aesthetics. Visuals only compliment information.

Thanks for replying, voted +1 on your Sona guide ^^

Backdooring: Well we had a pretty strong team comp during those times when I backdoor'd. So if they sent someone to take me out, then my teammates can engage a fight with the rest and win it no problem.

Zeke's Rush: I just double checked it and noticed that I forgot to keep the FC in there. But after thinking about it, the Philo buy seems to be better than the HoG buy.

Gameplay: It's mostly just me being worried about being called a copycat or something. Since I feel that it's kinda similar to Mowen's Sona guide (With a few added stuff in it).

Thanks again for the review and the upvote =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide