Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Lakapooty
<Member>
Lakapooty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Hey it's me again! I was wondering if you could review my guide again? Thanks dude! Link to my guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-tankish-lifestealing-aproach-to-xin-zhao-100550
Thanks to AlexanPT , WRAthoFVuLK, and me for the ROCKIN' sigs!!!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 1:52pm | Report
Give me some help:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wanna-rock-just-choose-your-build-101119

I sure wrote a lot, and there are some other things to change. Thank you.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 6:53pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

I'm even going to stretch this to people asking for a rereview. If you really want me to read your guide, you will ask in this format.

It shows me that you honestly care and will put in effort into improving your guide.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 7:16pm | Report
Lakapooty's Xin Zhao Guide
Verdict: A guide that, with some improvements, could become a very good guide. EDIT: Still needs a lot of work to reach the standard of the top Xin guides.
Possible Improvements: Colour, coding, re-organising the structure. The author seems to have a firm grasp on how to play Xin. And to be honest his guide is better than some of the "pros" on this site (+90% on guides that have no coding, colour or even any real content). Keep up the good work, Laka. EDIT: Author has taken into account all suggestions, and now just needs to flesh out his guide. The information in it is extremely minimal and needs to be expanded upon.

Constructive Criticism:

1) You get boots a bit too late in your purchase order.

2) Coding error: ", since Xin Zhao isn't THAT squishy)
6. [Teleport size=25] (very long cooldown)"

3) Combine your Runes and Masteries section, as both are too small to warrant their own sections.

4) Place a clean enter between each new paragraph. For example:

Quoted:
First, put a point in Audacious Charge. This is my favorite ability that he has because it does very good AOE damage and slows. After Audacious Charge get Battle Cry and after that, Three Talon Strike. From then on just level Audacious Charge, your ultimate, and Battle Cry whenever possible.

Once Audacious Charge is maxed, max out Battle Cry. Then, of course, max Three Talon Strike.

At every chance that you get, level you ultimate. This is a low cooldown, average mana costing, semi-high damage, AOE attack. use this at the START of a team fight because it deals a base amount of damage AND 15% of their CURRENT health. Always hit the carrys with this, and if possible hit the rest of the team.

Xin Zhao is a FANTASTIC initiator because he can Audacious Charge into the middle or to the carrys, use your ultimate and destroy the carrys from there.

5) In your Skill Sequence section, just add in an abilities explanation. It's not hard. It's not stupid. Just do it.

6) Coding errors: 3. Beserker's Greaves OR 8. Youmumu's Ghostblade

- regarding "it won't hardly ever get looked at again" because of one downvote, turn on COMMENT TO VOTE. Also, re-release your guide during a Xin free week, when it's more likely people will view your guide.

♡ sig by me ♡
Lakapooty
<Member>
Lakapooty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 8:14pm | Report
You are truly amazing. Thank you I will fix these problems tommorow. Thanks. And sorry about the wrong format.
Thanks to AlexanPT , WRAthoFVuLK, and me for the ROCKIN' sigs!!!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 9:14pm | Report
No worries, glad to have helped. And as I said, wait for a free Xin week, you'll get far more views then :)

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 9:33pm | Report
FiniteParadox's Cassiopeia Guide
Verdict: A decent Cassiopeia guide.
Possible Improvements: Needs some serious reorganising, as the content is haphazard and each section is almost irrelevant to the next. Not a bad guide for a beginner though ^^

Constructive Criticism:

1) Starting with a Sapphire Crystal is a bit iffy. Cassiopeia is so squish, especially as you aren't running Quints of Fortitude.

2) I'd refrain from only listing two completed items in your purchase oder. Just list the items you get in 90% of your games, and then list situational items in your actual guide.

3) Ability Sequence, Mastery Tree - tick tick, nothing wrong with them at all :)

4) Your introduction needs to be a bit longer. In it you could include the Pros and Cons to make it more interesting.

5) Try using some formatting to make your images stand out more. Centring the rune icons would make your guide look nicer. With regards to the alternative runes, use this coding:

[greater seal of replenishment] = greater seal of replenishment

6) You could cut down your Masteries section by only mentioning the important stuff (would Cass really get Smite?).

7) Your items section looks a bit weird. It'd suggest looking at some other people's item layout and trying something different. You could also check out this READ ME NOW PLEASE and have a go at trying the coding/formatting.

8) Your abilities section should be before the skill sequence, and the two sections should be merged. Also, the whole section in purple is really hard to read.

9) Try separating your abilities with

Code:
-----------

which will yield:

10) The whole order of your guide is messed up.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Introduction + Pros / Cons
Masteries
Runes
Viable Summoner Spells + Less Viable Summoner Spells
Ability Explanation + Ability Sequence + Ability Combos (anything about abilities)
Items
Gameplay + Farming + Jungling etc
Summary
Frequently Asked Questions
Change Log

11) Don't list useless summoner spells.

12) Pros/cons should be in your intro, seeing as your intro is really short.

13) Gameplay and Teamwork should be one section.

14) Unique skills and Combos should be merged into your abilities section.

15) Until you get some screenshots, I'd suggest either removing Hall of Fame, or combining it with your summary.

Archive the guide til you're done editing, and release it on a Cass free week for maximum chance of views, comments and votes.

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 10:01pm | Report
@da_Neo: That Annie video you have... that's my housemate, Warlemming.

His K/D ratio is 3 kills to every death. That video was taken in a ranked 5v5. At the moment his ELO is 1370 in 5v5s, but we used to be 1450.

Level: 30
Kills: 5593
Deaths: 1825
K/D Ratio: 3.06
Assists: 6212

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 10:34pm | Report
Alright jhoijhoi, thanks again for looking over my guide! I'll let you know when it's nice and pritty :P I need one of your crazy sigs too! Nice and sexy one ;)
palzm
<Member>
palzm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 10:44pm | Report
Quoted:

Can you review my guide on Leona
No ones seems to notice my guides :/
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/radiating-sunshine-101349 NOTE FROM JHOIJHOI: I was going to ignore your request due to the fact that I have rules of submission for requests (the way I'm ignoring the above Garen guide, but I actually was already in the process of reviewing your guide for commenting on on of my guides, so lol.

dawww your so nice. Sorry about that, I must have missed that rule.

So here:
1. Leona
2. Not noticed as much and I'm pretty new to this
3. Anything/Everything
4. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/radiating-sunshine-101349

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide