Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 9:29am | Report
I'm busy with university, but I thought I'd update this to show I haven't forgot about anyone (though if I missed your request, just request again!).

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

>>> I will review 3 Guides Per Day <<<

ATTENTION: Due to a huge influx of requests, I have now implemented some requirements. This is so I don't end up reviewing a guide who's author doesn't care, or reviewing a guide that is really bad, or reviewing a guide that has not clicked on the link above. If you want me to spend over half an hour reading your guide and writing a reply, you can very well return the favour!

REQUIREMENTS:
- Author must have +100 Posts
- Guide must have been run through a spell and grammar check
- Author must be over Summoner Level 25
- Author must comment on my Ashe guide with their opinion.

If you are LUCKY, your guide will be reviewed by other members, such as: Searz, da_Neo, Rudmed, Bloofyre, Bryun, and Nighthawk. They drop in from time to time to help with my workload. <3

* I will be completely honest in my opinion
* I will not downvote or upvote until I have received a response from my review, and I see you have dropped your opinion of my Ashe guide in the comment section
* I will review your request as soon as physically and mentally possible

* At the completion of my Review, I will post my verdict of your guide here, along with my review (verdicts are featured in the below post)

You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Summoner Level:
Post Count (at time of request):
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES/NO
Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

What do I expect in return? Read/vote on my >> Complete & Comprehensive Compiled Catalogue of Ashe Knowledge <<, +rep me, and a simple thank you would be lovely ^^

OTHER RULES/NOTES:
- Please only submit one guide per request.
- Please do not request a review on a champion who has not been released. I would also prefer to read only guides published on MobaFire.
- If you are rude to me in your response to my review, I will consider not featuring you in the below post.
- If I read your guide. And you have not read the links I have supplied in this post. I will literally asplode. And you will be charged with my death.

Common Things I Repeat In Most Of My Reviews

• ONE BUILD. Show me one build, the one you use 90% of the time, in your cheat sheet. NO NEED, EVER, to display more than one cheat sheet. All alternative items can be explained in your Situational/Alternative Items section.
  • Good Hands IS ****ING BETTER THAN PERSEVERANCE. Jesus Christ.
  • Colour is good. Too much colour is bad. Find the correct balance.
  • Paragraphical space. Walls of text = bad. Sparse text = bad. Find the correct balance.

Reviewable Guides
VKZ95 wrote:

Summoner Level: 30
Spell & Grammar check completed: Yes
Guide For (champion): Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to improve my guide
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything I can add or change to make my guide better
Guide Link: Mordekaiser

This guide has been reviewed by you before but I have changed it a lot since the last time you saw it

Siveo wrote:

Post Count (at time of request): 115 with this one
Spell & Grammar check completed: I did it but English is not my foreign language so ...
Guide For (champion): Shen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: First guide I've made, looking for some comments on how I play with him!
What I'd like you to focus on: Uhm, everything?
My Shen Build

theBMB wrote:

Summoner Level:30
Post Count (at time of request):like 700 I think
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES
Guide For: items
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:Need feedback and exposure
What I'd like you to focus on:Formatting
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/in-depth-item-guide-97205

Summoner lvl: 30
Spelling and grammar: I believe so O.o
Guide for: lee sin
Why? I'm pretty new(kind of), so I still want more advice and maybe things i can improve on(I know there's lots)
What to focus on: anything you see fit. Perhaps I should go more in depth....hmm
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/listen-to-their-heartbeat-a-jungle-lee-sin-build-116481

Keels wrote:

Summoner level: 30
Spell/ Grammar Check complete? Always. Yes.
Guide for: Singed
Why I'd like this to be reviewed: Jhoi , your making a guide guide was a huge influence. I listened last time to your criticisms of my Renekton build, and I think it paid off. Plus duff's kinda been trawling my builds a bit, and I'd like a second opinion. No offense to him, I've been listening, but a second opinion would be nice.
What I'd like you to focus on: Do I need some more humor? I worked pretty hard to make it look nice, and I'd like to see what you think of it. Is the strategy described sound? Anything you can think of. Unless this is a bad time. I looked to blow people away on this guide.
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/singed-his-chemical-romance-ap-hp-99768

Getting up to date ^^

Nickname: If you want a re-review, you have to request in the same format as everyone else :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 9:32am | Report
xIPainIx's Orianna Guide
Verdict: This is actually a very well written and pleasing guide to read. The aesthetics are decent, the knowledge is sound, and the item selections are explained in a comprehensive manner.
Possible Improvements: The guide is pretty good as it is, especially the screenshots of gameplay, but I feel as if it lacks something. I'm not quite sure what. Alternative runes, mastery tree set up and more items would be beneficial. +1.

Constructive Criticism:

1) You are squishy as all hell at level one. I sincerely recommend either Quints of Fortitude, or a Doran's Ring.

2) Instead of that Lich Bane, I'd suggest some more survivability. Zhonya's or Banshee's.

3) o.O You get Spatial Accuracy when you don't get Teleport.

4) Masteries section also is explained weirdly.

5) Don't list useless summoner spells.

6) Doran's Ring only gives 2 less mana per 5. And it gives you health and AP too boot. It is a good idea to list alternative starting items.

7) Try using the float bbcode. Check out my guide about writing a guide to see it in action.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Whated#79092
<Member>
Whated#79092's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 9:57am | Report
Post Count (at time of request): a bit over 100 last time I check'd.
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES, but I am 14yrs old, studied English for around 8yrs. I'm not perfect.
Guide For (champion): Kennen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to improve it :)
What I'd like you to focus on: I don't know, about everything.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/kennen-the-off-tank-ninja-102793
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 1:32pm | Report
I fixed points:
3) Rempved rylai's to get atma's , increased AD dramatically and AP has been nerfed.
5) partly, i tried some grammar check programs. English is not my mother tongue and my word is chinese so no way to check my grammar. I can only check my spelling etc with my build in browser spell check. I also checked out my own build and yeah it was horrible O.o. I changed alot of phrases and i hope it should be fine now.
6)All important big icons centered
7)Added skill explanations and the way to use them
8)fixed the code , thanks
9)Got smaller icons
10)added missing stuff
13)Changed some lines , so partly.

I listened to your advice and i think i should thank you. So +rep and thank you very much for reviewing my guide on skarner.
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!

Check out my guide on Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard(press the sig)!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 2:30pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Xiron's Wukong Guide

1) Quints of Strength become useless at level 4 (when the 7 damage is negligible), so consider Quints of Fortitude, or Quints of Desolation which will always be useful, considering your only desolation item is Youmuu's.

3) As Wukong is a duelling champion, I feel Exhaust would be a better pick than Ignite.

6) 22/0/8? o.O :/ Try 9/0/21, or 0/9/21, or 0/15/15 or something. I just feel like you're trying to turn Wukong into a pure DPS champ when he's better as Tanky DPS.

1) AD quints are great, but in this case I'll have to say that ArP quints is way better.
Unless he's jungling, but I doubt that.

3) I agree.

6) I'd probably go with 0/9/21 or 0/21/9. 21/0/9 works, but is often sub par.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 2:47pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

xIPainIx's Orianna Guide

You are squishy as all hell at level one. I sincerely recommend either Quints of Fortitude, or a Doran's Ring.

Being squishy shouldn't be a problem. It's a caster we're talking about, after all.

Boots+3pots is the standard start. D ring is usually not as good.

@ xIPainIx
Early ROA is better for Ori than Tear.
ROA first, then build Tear, if you want it.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 3:27pm | Report
Ooooooh, that means that I'm almost next! Seeing the points of critisism with the other guides, made me change a few things in my own guide since they kept coming back and I had made them too!

I just hope I don't piss jhoijhoi off with grammar/vocabulary mistakes! English isn't my native language, not even my second language! Went through some checks but yea, let's hope for the best ;)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Whated: I don't think you understand how this works. I quote the original post and paste it into the list of reviews. Then I go from there. If there is no link to click on in the list of review, then that review is forfeit. That's how it works, that's why I ask for a link.

SirSpank: I'm glad you ran it through a spell check. You lied to me when you said a spell check had been used, and that pissed me off. So sorry if my review was mainly negative due to that, but honestly, it was really one of my only requirements :) If you would like a rereview (and I would certainly give you one, no worries), please submit a request in the same format - this allows me to keep track of what I'm up to :D

Searz: Being squishy is a problem. Current meta (or whatever) is Veigar and Soraka mid. Both have huge damage potential, and while Orianna has a faux shield with her ball, if either champion gets off their stun/silence, she could be in a world of hurt.

I wasn't going to mention the Tear of the Goddess, as many people do start with that over RoA. But yeah, I do agree with Searz. RoA is a much better item, especially as you start off with an early Catalyst.

Siveo: ;) You're a smart cookie for changing things when you see me rage about them :) You will only piss me off with spelling mistakes. It is NOT HARD to install/activate your spell check and download an English dictionary. I detail it all in my guide about writing a guide, and in fact, once you install it, you should be writing in perfect English in all your posts due to the wriggly red lines.

EVERYONE: My parents drove 6 hours yesterday to surprise me. They literally knocked on my door and came inside after mum called me and said she wanted to send me a parcel so I had to confirm my address ^^

I was happy and pissed off at the same time, as the house was a bit messy.

But yeah, what I'm trying to say, is that my parents and baby brother have travelled around 6-7 hours to visit me and we're going to the Southbank markets and maybe to the movies, so I may not get very many guides reviewed today or tonight.

I also have half of one assignment left to do, which is due on the 5th of September.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Whated#79092
<Member>
Whated#79092's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 4:40pm | Report
Hmm what are you talkin' about? The link was there all the time. Trust me :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 4:59pm | Report
lol :P

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide