Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 12:19pm | Report
JakofAllSpaydes and Keels: I would suggest that you guys use the template given by jhoijhoi to request a review!

jhoijhoi wrote:
You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Summoner Level:
Post Count (at time of request):
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES/NO
Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

I just wanted to point you out on this so you wouldn't say that you don't wait like a week or longer and then hearing that you didn't use the template so she ignored your request ...
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Ugh... FINE.
Summoner level: 30

Spell/ Grammar Check complete? Always. Yes.

Guide for: Singed

Why I'd like this to be reviewed: Jhoi , your making a guide guide was a huge influence. I listened last time to your criticisms of my Renekton build, and I think it paid off. Plus duff's kinda been trawling my builds a bit, and I'd like a second opinion. No offense to him, I've been listening, but a second opinion would be nice.

What I'd like you to focus on: Do I need some more humor? I worked pretty hard to make it look nice, and I'd like to see what you think of it. Is the strategy described sound? Anything you can think of. Unless this is a bad time. I looked to blow people away on this guide.

Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/singed-his-chemical-romance-ap-hp-99768

I don't care about my rep, but you can +rep if you want to.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 6:14pm | Report
August 26 - EDB007 Assignment
September 2 - CLB446 Assignment
September 5 - KWB109 Assignment

I'll get stuck back into reviewing as soon as all my assignments are done! I promise :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 9:23pm | Report
i'd like to help, but I'm getting caught up with work and school myself. You may see me every now and again though.
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 1:29am | Report
Okay okay.....

Summoner lvl: 30
Spelling and grammar: I believe so O.o
Guide for: lee sin
Why? I'm pretty new(kind of), so I still want more advice and maybe things i can improve on(I know there's lots)
What to focus on: anything you see fit. Perhaps I should go more in depth....hmm
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/listen-to-their-heartbeat-a-jungle-lee-sin-build-116481
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:08am | Report
I'm busy with university, but I thought I'd update this to show I haven't forgot about anyone (though if I missed your request, just request again!). It's 1am here in Australia, but I'll try to get one or two done this morning :)

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

>>> I will review 3 Guides Per Day <<<

ATTENTION: Due to a huge influx of requests, I have now implemented some requirements. This is so I don't end up reviewing a guide who's author doesn't care, or reviewing a guide that is really bad, or reviewing a guide that has not clicked on the link above. If you want me to spend over half an hour reading your guide and writing a reply, you can very well return the favour!

REQUIREMENTS:
- Author must have +100 Posts
- Guide must have been run through a spell and grammar check
- Author must be over Summoner Level 25
- Author must comment on my Ashe guide with their opinion.

If you are LUCKY, your guide will be reviewed by other members, such as: Searz, da_Neo, Rudmed, Bloofyre, Bryun, and Nighthawk. They drop in from time to time to help with my workload. <3

* I will be completely honest in my opinion
* I will not downvote or upvote until I have received a response from my review, and I see you have dropped your opinion of my Ashe guide in the comment section
* I will review your request as soon as physically and mentally possible

* At the completion of my Review, I will post my verdict of your guide here, along with my review (verdicts are featured in the below post)

You must use this format below for submitting a guide for review, otherwise I'll ignore your request. People who just drop their links here will be completely ignored.

Summoner Level:
Post Count (at time of request):
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES/NO
Guide For (champion):
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:
What I'd like you to focus on:
Guide Link:

What do I expect in return? Read/vote on my >> Complete & Comprehensive Compiled Catalogue of Ashe Knowledge <<, +rep me, and a simple thank you would be lovely ^^

OTHER RULES/NOTES:
- Please only submit one guide per request.
- Please do not request a review on a champion who has not been released. I would also prefer to read only guides published on MobaFire.
- If you are rude to me in your response to my review, I will consider not featuring you in the below post.
- If I read your guide. And you have not read the links I have supplied in this post. I will literally asplode. And you will be charged with my death.

Common Things I Repeat In Most Of My Reviews

• ONE BUILD. Show me one build, the one you use 90% of the time, in your cheat sheet. NO NEED, EVER, to display more than one cheat sheet. All alternative items can be explained in your Situational/Alternative Items section.
  • Good Hands IS ****ING BETTER THAN PERSEVERANCE. Jesus Christ.
  • Colour is good. Too much colour is bad. Find the correct balance.
  • Paragraphical space. Walls of text = bad. Sparse text = bad. Find the correct balance.

Reviewable Guides
Xiron wrote:

Summoner Level: 30
Post Count (at time of request): 233
Spell & Grammar check completed: YES
Guide For (champion): Wukong
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I wanna get my Guide more know AND improve it.
What I'd like you to focus on: Everything. Just read it.
Guide Link

Summoner |Level : 26
Spell & Grammar check completed: Yes, I think so
Guide for : Skarner
why i'd like this to be reviewed: The opinion of a veteran/experienced person , to be sure that my guide is good enough to compete with others.
what i'd like you to focus on: My writing style and i also want a review on how effective the guide is.
guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/jungling-skarner-for-men-112315

Barman5000 wrote:

Summoner Level:30
Spell & Grammar check:Yes
Guide For:Skarner
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:I need some new and fresh ideas to make my guide stand out. Also I like constructive criticism.
What I'd like you to focus on:Anything you feel you think will improve my guide.
Guide Link:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-in-depth-comprehensive-guide-to-skarner-113124

Palthios wrote:

Post Count (at time of request): 18
Guide For (champion): Garen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Looking for an expert opinion. I don't want to make the guide too bloated but I'm stumped as to possible improvements.
What I'd like you to focus on: The guide. Ive posted more then enough proof that the build works so Im not asking for help on that.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/garen-spin-to-crit-updated-8-13-11-99504

xIPainIx wrote:

Post Count (at time of request):100
Guide For (champion):Orianna
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want opinions on what i can improve and a review from a very good player.
What I'd like you to focus on: What things i could add or what i should change to improve the guide.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/orianna-glados-solo-queue-goddess-113430

VKZ95 wrote:

Spell & Grammar check completed: Yes
Guide For (champion): Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want to improve my guide
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything I can add or change to make my guide better
Guide Link: Mordekaiser

This guide has been reviewed by you before but I have changed it a lot since the last time you saw it

Siveo wrote:

Post Count (at time of request): 115 with this one
Spell & Grammar check completed: I did it but English is not my foreign language so ...
Guide For (champion): Shen
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: First guide I've made, looking for some comments on how I play with him!
What I'd like you to focus on: Uhm, everything?
My Shen Build

theBMB wrote:

Post Count (at time of request):like 700 I think
Guide For: items
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed:Need feedback and exposure
What I'd like you to focus on:Formatting
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/in-depth-item-guide-97205

Summoner lvl: 30
Spelling and grammar: I believe so O.o
Guide for: lee sin
Why? I'm pretty new(kind of), so I still want more advice and maybe things i can improve on(I know there's lots)
What to focus on: anything you see fit. Perhaps I should go more in depth....hmm
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/listen-to-their-heartbeat-a-jungle-lee-sin-build-116481

Keels wrote:

Summoner level: 30
Spell/ Grammar Check complete? Always. Yes.
Guide for: Singed
Why I'd like this to be reviewed: Jhoi , your making a guide guide was a huge influence. I listened last time to your criticisms of my Renekton build, and I think it paid off. Plus duff's kinda been trawling my builds a bit, and I'd like a second opinion. No offense to him, I've been listening, but a second opinion would be nice.
What I'd like you to focus on: Do I need some more humor? I worked pretty hard to make it look nice, and I'd like to see what you think of it. Is the strategy described sound? Anything you can think of. Unless this is a bad time. I looked to blow people away on this guide.
Guide link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/singed-his-chemical-romance-ap-hp-99768

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:22am | Report
Xiron's Wukong Guide
Verdict: This is a glass cannon, pure DPS Wukong guide, and the author has clearly tried to convey as much of his knowledge as possible.
Possible Improvements: I think the author should archive this guide, and re-release it, due to all the negative votes he has recieved. It is great to see a guide evolve due to feedback, but I know from experience that the people who have downvoted it will not go back to change their votes. Feel free to request another review here once you release a new guide that isn't covered in negative comments :/

Constructive Criticism:

1) I think because Wukong is supposed to be tanky DPS, you will want to have Glyphs of Shielding, for that extra magic resist early game. But I can see the benefits of Glyphs of Focus.

Quints of Strength become useless at level 4 (when the 7 damage is negligible), so consider Quints of Fortitude, or Quints of Desolation which will always be useful, considering your only desolation item is Youmuu's.

2) Mmm, I'm not sure about your build. You're going basically pure DPS, and tanky DPS Wukong seems to do better. Just like Lee Sin, or Xin Zhao, it's best to have a balance between damage and survivability. Your purchase order has no survivability besides the Phage component, and even that isn't very much.

3) As Wukong is a duelling champion, I feel Exhaust would be a better pick than Ignite.

4) I am female.

5) Good Hands Over ****ing Perseverance.

6) 22/0/8? o.O :/ Try 9/0/21, or 0/9/21, or 0/15/15 or something. I just feel like you're trying to turn Wukong into a pure DPS champ when he's better as Tanky DPS.

7) No need for champion lore. Just looks like you're trying to make your guide longer.

8) Always have two enter spaces before and after a line separator.

9) I like the way you display alternative runes, but I'd never suggest Critical Strike chance, or glyphs of alacrity.

10) Don't list useless summoner spells.

11) Why is the order of your guide all over the place? Skill Explanation then Skill Sequence =.=

12) "Do you want to get more life and slow the enemy just by hitting them? [[Frozen Mallet] is your best friend!" Coding error.

13) Center all images.

14) I'm female.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:42am | Report
SirSpankALot's Jungle Skarner Guide
Verdict: This guide was written with good intentions, but as many of the comments say, the author has released the guide within days of the champion coming out, and the guide has recieved a lot of negative feedback due to it.
Possible Improvements: I'd suggest archiving the guide and submitting a new guide with the same content but updated to how you play Skarner today, as opposed to when he first came out. The guide also needs a heavy spell check - there is no excuse for awful spelling mistakes. Take the effort to install a spell check, it's not hard and I detail it in my Guide about Making a Guide.

Constructive Criticism:

1) I don't think you'd need Wriggles on Skarner, it just doesn't fit his build.

2) Your build is VERY expensive.

3) I like the resistances and survivability you get in your build... I don't think the late Rylai's is a good idea though. Yet I think you won't have enough damage if you get it earlier. Skarner is a weird champion :/

4) D: D: D: D: D: D: D: No! Jesus. Skarner is a poor jungler already, and you don't get increased buff duration? D: D: D: D: Dude...

5) You haven't run your guide through a spell check. That annoys and disappoints me. It is virtually one of the ONLY requirements I ask of you. If YOU don't care about the presentation of your guide, WHY SHOULD I GIVE A DAMN. Due to your spelling and grammatical errors, I am not actually going to read any text. I'm tired already, and don't want to have a brain haemorrhage due to spelling errors.

6) Center those large icons.

7) No Skill Explanation = Laziness. It's the truth. It doesn't take long to explain a skill in your own words and enlighten the reader.

8) "http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/item-purchase-planner#&item=108-82-63
These are the items i manage to get every game." Broken code.

9) I think using large icons within paragraphs looks obnoxious and ugly :/

10) ":Well this item gives AP/Armor/Invincibility for ... secs," I think you're missing something here.

11) Create a jungle route map.

12) Warding Section: Did you ask for permission? It's okay to use the image, but I don't think it is okay to copy his paragraphs. Write it in your own words.

13) Your Summary is long because the items/runes/summoners take up a line each when they should just take one line up.

14) I see you got pretty heavily downvoted for releasing this guide so early :/

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:59am | Report
Barman500's Skarner Guide
Verdict: I am impressed at how the author has tried to cover every possible aspect of Skarner, however, this coverage is thin and widespread, leaving the guide a little lackiing in the depth it claims it has.
Possible Improvements: The author tries too hard to cater for all gameplay styles of Skarner, and as a result the guide suffers. If the author wishes to keep his guide as a three-pronged resource for Skarner players, then I sincerely suggest that he includes far more content for each style than he has. He also should rearrange the guide as I suggested for more comprehension.

Constructive Criticism:

1) Those individual builds better be described in great detail, because multiple builds not only confuse people but piss them off. All they want to know is HOW DO I BUILD SKARNER?! And you give them three choices... As such, I am only going to review the first build.

2) Flash. Full stop. You already have a speed steroid with Seismic Bastion, no need for Ghost.

3) Boots of Swiftness. Why. Swiftness Quints, my god. To be honest, I was expecting Triforce, FoN and Phantoms to increase that speed. If you're looking to pull someone extremely fast with your ult, you want Youmuu's and Shurelya's. You do not need the other extreme measures, and at least Youmuu's benefits Skarner, as opposed to Boots of Swiftness.

4) GOOD ****ING HANDS OVER PERSEVERANCE.

5) Why wouldn't you grab Archaic Knowledge?

6) Large icons within paragraphs looks bad.

7) Your abilities section is all squished together. Also, try using the float bbcode. Have a look at my guide about making a guide to see what I mean.

8) :/ Your Runes section is really unattractive. I don't quite know how you'd fix it though. Perhaps don't use the [runes] coding.

9) If you're adamant about keeping the different builds, this is my suggestion.

Have ONE section per build, which includes everything for that build.

Laning Skarner:
- Pros/Cons
- Runes
- Masteries
- Summoner Spells
- Items
- Laning/Farming

Jungle Skarner:
- Pros/Cons
- Runes
- Masteries
- Summoner Spells
- Items
- Jungling

Roaming Skarner:
- Pros/Cons
- Runes
- Masteries
- Summoner Spells
- Items
- Roaming

10) Don't list useless summoner spells.

11) Chuck the Zone Control in the Laning Skarner section.

12) Chuck Impale Tactics under the skill in your Skill Explanation section.

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 9:15am | Report
Palthios' Garen Guide
Verdict: A very extensive, and extremely well-written AD Garen guide. Everything is well explained and lovingly documented.
Possible Improvements: However, this guide consists of walls upon walls of text. The author needs to spend some time making this guide readable to the average citizen who is easily distracted by youtube videos and puppies.

Constructive Criticism:

1) While it's true many people buy multiple Doran's, I would not suggest actually displaying that in your guide. Keep it short and neat. Mention getting extra Doran's in the text itself, but not visually in the Purchase Order.

2) Woooooah. Courage should be gotten way earlier. That extra magic resist and armour...

3) I feel as if you should grab Phage before Infinity Edge for the increased slow, so you KNOW the enemy is going no where when you spin to win.

4) Atma's but hardly any health items. Sure Garen is naturally tanky, but maybe an extra health item in their would be beneficial. Banshee's?

5) Expanded Mind is very important for hitting level 6 before/at the same time as enemies.

6) Your intro is a little long, but it is well written. However, it is a HUGE wall of text. Add colour, formatting, anything. You need to break it up with visually pleasing relief. You don't want to bore your reader before they even get to the guide itself. Even wiki coding Garen would be fantastic.

7) Don't include champion Lore. If you really want to do it, put it at the very end. Don't delay what the reader wants to read.

8) List alternative runes. List alternative masteries. Combine the two sections, as both are too small to be separate sections. Try using the bbcode for runes and masteries. I detail how to do so in my guide about making a guide.

9) Center those skill icons. Also, too much colour. Highlight the important parts in colour, leave the rest in white. Or at least find softer versions of blue and green. And by softer, for the love of god, I don't mean fluro.

10) Don't list useless summoner spells. Again, center those icons. Again, too much colour.

11) Your Off-Tank Garen section is pretty much not needed. Just include the different items you don't detail elsewhere into the items section.

12) For your laning champion section, try using float coding. Detailed in my guide about writing a guide.

13) Put Solo Top under Laning partners. Put Teamfighting after Early Game and before Mid game.

14) So much walls of text. Please use wikicoding. Please use colour sparingly. Please add images. Do your best to entertain the reader.

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide