Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Hargis2010
<Member>
Hargis2010's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 7:30pm | Report
Guide for: Xin Zhao
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: opinions/criticism, to improve
What I'd like you to focus on: no real focus, just the guide as a whole
Guide link:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/xin-zhao-ranked-jungler-98109
"Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." -Epicurus

Omnipotence Paradox- Can God create a rock He cannot lift? Since an all-powerful being will always be able to accomplish whatever He sets out to do, it is impossible for an all-powerful being to fail. The above atheistic argument is arguing that since God is all-powerful He can do anything - even fail. This is like saying that since God is all-powerful He can be not all-powerful. Obviously, this is absurd. An all-powerful being cannot fail. Therefore, God can create a rock of tremendous size, but, since He is all-powerful, He will always be able to lift it. The ability to fail is not a part of omnipotence. The Bible makes it clear that God is able to do anything He wants to, and that nothing He wants to do is too difficult for Him to accomplish.4 This is the true meaning of omnipotence.

Hargis2010's Xin Zhao Jungle Guide
chosmochou
<Member>
chosmochou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 1:56pm | Report
Hi there! If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a look at my Rumble guide?

I am trying to polish it up to make it easier to read and I could use some outside opinions as to what would help it deliver the information better.

The link is http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-comprehensive-guide-to-rumble-the-mechanized-menace-96616 !

Thank you! ^_^
tinolas
<Member>
tinolas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 3:13pm | Report
I'm going to go on a trip and come back next Saturday so I won't be able to respond you.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 6:02pm | Report
Sorry Tinolas D: I've just been busy with visiting my relatives :/

Will review your guide tonight after my 6 hour drive home ^^

@everyone else: will add you all to the list :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 11:53pm | Report
Guide For (champion): Kayle
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Get constructive criticism about what is good and what I need to work on. (an extra set of eyes) Also, you'd be my first comment on my first guide, so i'd be stoked
What I'd like you to focus on: nothing in particular, just the good, bad and the ugly, all from a readers standpoint, as well as a fellow guide creator
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/early-game-kayle-wins-98140
DeadlyTricks
<Member>
DeadlyTricks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 4:35am | Report
Guide For: Evelynn
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: My guide has been mostly unnoticed and I'd like some criticism and an opinion or two about it
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything you think may be incorrect or poorly explained
Guide Link: Linky
(courtesy of my homie DarcMatteh)

I like it when they scream...;)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 6:05am | Report
K, soooooo.

I'm a bit behind, people who have requested reviews recently: I might not get to them until next week (possibly Wednesday?).

On the upside, people who have been waiting for me to get home from visiting my sister for her 17th will get their guides reviewed pretty soon.

I just drove 6 hours home, so I'm a bit tired, but I'll try and get lots of them done to catch up.

For reference, this is what I have to go through ^^ And you can check out where you are on the list ^^

---

Devilesse wrote:

Guide For: Teemo: Durable AD/AS Teemo Made Quick and Easy.
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Constructive Criticism if it's needed?
What I'd like you to focus on: Everything in the guide.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/teemo-durable-ad-as-quick-and-easy-96615

tinolas wrote:

Guide For: Me.
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Unarchived and reworked Xin Zhao guide ^^
What I'd like you to focus on: Build, Content
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/xin-zhao-melee-dps-burst-49525

Summoner wrote:

Guide For: Me.
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I want publicity Just to get an idea if you understand everything by just reading it or if I need to add more information in certain areas.
What I'd like you to focus on: The actual content and explanations, and how I could add more information with pictures / text (i.e if I need to make the items section more detailed). I will not be including videos of gameplay - it's not needed :p
Guide Link: Is it this link? Maybe..

PsiGuard wrote:

Guide for: Me (Unless you mean which champion, in that case: Alistar)

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: It's my first guide and I expect to have made mistakes. I've already responded to the questions and suggestions I've received so far and would love to hear what a more prominent forum member thinks of it.

What I'd like you to focus on: Any mistakes I've made. Any suggestions for viable items I may have overlooked. Any suggestions to improve formatting and readability. Any criticism or encouragement at all, really. I'd like to hear anything you have to say, and I will certainly respond to your comment as quickly as I can.

Guide Link: Just click the stamp in my signature.

Thanks for doing this by the way. It always amazes me to see people being nice on the internet.

Here's some guide I made. =)

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Suggestions & honest criticism. ^^

What I'd like you to focus on: Total of guide ^^

Guide Link: Jax guide. Sion guide.

KoH_pHresh wrote:

JHOIJHOI :D

Here is my Reworked guide

:D

P.S +1 for taking a look at my guide and giving criticism ;)

Hey jhoijhoi!

I would greatly appreciate it if you reviewed my Hybrid Roaming Eve guide, I pumped a good number of hours into it :)

Guide For (champion): Evelynn

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I believe I have found the perfect medium for Evelynn. Players either utilize her amazing skill set with bursty AP and lack sustain in combat or do the opposite as AD Eve. I truly believe my guide is how Eve is meant to be played, and I want other players to try it out. Just have to wait for her buff now! :D

What I'd like you to focus on: My Summoner Spells (in regards to Flash), the core build itself, and my explanation on GP/5 items, to see if I have proper justification.

Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/something-wicked-this-way-comes-hybrid-roaming-eve-90463

B-Wong wrote:

General guide
I wants you to read it because I'm bored.
Focus on whatever catches your eye. It's a general guide so don't look scrutinize having no skill order or mastery tree because it changes from champion to champion. The set of runes is a very general set of runes, that also may change from champion to champion. Having Ashe set as the guide character is due to her being the most general ranged carry ever ever.

It's also extremely brief and outlines main ideas. Remember: EXTREMELY BRIEF.

Es Standard

<3

Guide For: Nidalee
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Flaws/opinions/suggestions
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/olympic-gold-medalist-javelin-toss-97712

Hargis2010 wrote:

Guide for: Xin Zhao
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: opinions/criticism, to improve
What I'd like you to focus on: no real focus, just the guide as a whole
Guide link:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/xin-zhao-ranked-jungler-98109

chosmochou wrote:

Hi there! If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a look at my Rumble guide?

I am trying to polish it up to make it easier to read and I could use some outside opinions as to what would help it deliver the information better.

The link is http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-comprehensive-guide-to-rumble-the-mechanized-menace-96616 !

Thank you! ^_^

Bloofyre wrote:

Guide For (champion): Kayle
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Get constructive criticism about what is good and what I need to work on. (an extra set of eyes) Also, you'd be my first comment on my first guide, so i'd be stoked
What I'd like you to focus on: nothing in particular, just the good, bad and the ugly, all from a readers standpoint, as well as a fellow guide creator
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/early-game-kayle-wins-98140

Guide For: Evelynn
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: My guide has been mostly unnoticed and I'd like some criticism and an opinion or two about it
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything you think may be incorrect or poorly explained
Guide Link: Linky

- - -

Sorry if you're out of order, opening the quote function in new tabs seems to have randomised the order o.O

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 1:36pm | Report
holy ****.

so many...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 2:06pm | Report
wow. what a list you got going on there.
thank you very much for all the time you are donating to helping us new guide writers.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 4:38pm | Report
Tinolas' Xin Zhao Guide
Verdict: Extremely attractive, very succint and informative guide! The aesthetics of the guide are amazing, and the guide is so short the reader never has a chance to grow bored.
Possible Improvements: What is a positive is also a negative. While short guides are nice, I feel as if the author's guide is a tad too short. Sure, it's pretty - but does he know what he's talking about? Does he *know* Xin? I would like some more gameplay, more tips, screenshots, video gameplay - anything to show that the author can play Xin as much as he can make an attractive guide.

Also, no mention of Jungle Xin (completely viable, and absolutely scary), where Xin sits in a team composition - there are a lot of "general" information packages missing. Whilst the guide is incredibly aesthetically pleasing, it doesn't convey much knowledge to the reader.

Constructive Criticism:

1) That's a really interesting build. I don't think I've ever seen TriForce on Xin before.

2) I LOVE your summary image. Absolutely fantastic, and possibly the best idea I've ever seen :3 If I was proficient with Photoshop (or whatever program you used), I'd totally make my own. The only thing I find wrong with it is the text in the gameplay section. The text elsewhere is fine because there isn't much of it, but when there is a large block like that, it is hard to read.

3) With the columns, I'd suggest adding in an extra column between your main ones. So (nextcol)space. This forces the information apart from each other so that the words don't touch.

4) While I'm enjoying your short but very good guide, I really believe there should be a Skill Explanation section detailing when to use each skill and why and what it does etc.

5) Again the column thing, your columns are starting to run into each other D:

6) I love the set up of your Optional Items section. It fits perfectly! *in awe*

7) No comments at all about Jungle Xin? Xin in the jungle with Red Buff coming to gank is a thing of nightmares.

8) I'm noticing some small grammar and spelling mistakes, "When you get ganked, decide wether to fight or not. If you will able to escape, you should do it."

9) You have no summary D:

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide