Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 8:48am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

@Searz: Cooldown runes, bru!

3 points in Sorcery (mastery): 3%
Glyphs of Focus: 5.85%
Spirit Visage: 10%
Ghostblade: 15%

All this sums up to 33.85%

The Ionian boots will contribute with 6.15%

EDIT: Searz u forgot the 3 points in Sorcery... :D
7. Shouting Demacia, either irl or in /all, has been known to improve your game play.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 8:51am | Report
Searz wrote:

Someone can't do math XD
15+10+5.85=30.85%CDR
I'd remove the CDR glyphs and go for those items instead, to reach 40%.

+3% from masteries :P

EDIT: Dammit, Oreo beat me.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 8:51am | Report
orochinagi wrote:

EDIT: Scrax u forgot the 3 points in Sorcery... :D

I'm not Scrax D:

Only nabs take that mastery on Renekton anyway..

Edit: Ooo, ninja edit. Ya sneaky bastard ;)
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 8:53am | Report
Edited the edit ASAP... realized the typo when I clicked post >_>

But hey ignoring that only nabs take that or not... he has it on his build and that's we're discussing here :P

EDIT: I dunno what you're talking about btw... that quote is obviously a bad photoshop to frame me >_>
36. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you are the best on your team, it means you are losing, too.
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 12:23pm | Report
Oh I feel so awkward you say its absolutely fantastic yet so much critique oh the passion makes me sloppy! XD

jhoijhoi wrote:

Blydden's Ezreal Guide
Verdict: Absolutely fantastic Ezreal guide. Extremely in-depth, and very explanatory of every possible aspect of Ez gameplay. YAY!
Possible Improvements: Very desperately needs colour, coding and some more aesthetics. Videos of gameplay would be great. A great guide, informative to the max - but very unattractive without colour and wikicodes. Oh. Will make more attractive, and I'd LOVE to add some videos but I'd prefer to make them myself but I don't have the proper software. T_T

Constructive Criticism:

1) D: Not even one level of Essence Flux at level 3? Wastes your precious mana pool, and doesn't give you any attack speed benefits. If it did it'd be a lot more valuable in my opinion.

2) No Flash?! Double Flash (Flash + Arcane Shift) guarantees safety Flash is an optional summoner spell, but personally I find I can go without it with this playstyle.

3) An early catalyst the protector would be beneficial (perhaps after Vampiric Scepter). All catalyst builds into for this build is Banshee's Veil, but it would stall your core offensive build of Berserker's Greaves, Trinity Force, & Bloodthirster. Unless the magic damage on their team is absolutely overwhelming you all you're really doing I think is taking away from Ezreal's early and mid games, where he shines brightest.

4) Problem with 21/9/0 mastery set up, is that you're not getting the benefits of Awareness which will push you to level 6 faster. Hitting level 6 is vital to a good early game. I find that the 9 points in defense rather than utility make it easier to destroy my mid-lane opponent pre-6 with less risk, allowing me to have the highest level in the laning phase without need for Awareness.

5) All your images are broken. PM me and I'll give you access to my photobucket. I've bought Pro, so it may as well be used. All you have to do is +1 my guide :P Its an absolutely fantastic Ashe guide that I swear I already +1'd! Hold on please and thanks! XD

6) You may like to list some other Runes that would suit Ezreal. For this playstyle there are none. If you mean a more passive playstyle then yes there are but its not something I prefer to endorse as I find it weaker. I'll think about it though.

7) Don't list useless Summoner Spells unless it's necessary to do so. Oops. Will fix that right away.

8) I think you need a dash of colour to your "Skills" section. Also, Essence Flux isn't as useless as you make it sound to be o.O An enemy on low health hiding behind some minions? Boom, Flux Shot. Its horrible early game because its so mana-intensive and gives you no buff for all the mana required. If it did I'd take a point at level 4. Also, with not that much magic pen (I only take Archaic Knowledge really for Trueshot Barrage) it really does hit about as hard as a thrown pillow. Besides, you start getting it around level 13, when the big teamfights near and your mana pool woes are probably settled.

9) As above. You need some colour in your Item Build section. Will do!

10) Some of your items are not situational at all - ie, you'd never get them. Randuins? Thornmail? Frozen Heart? Aegis? Also, lol, you have Zeke's Harbinger twice. Point...although I find stark's fervor a perfectly good at both times of the build but I'll think about it.

11) o.O Absolutely love your Gameplay sections. So in-depth and very very informative. Just need some serious colour and coding to make it readable and not a huge block of text. Color will be given!

12) In your "How To Counter Your Fellow Middle Lane Champions" section, perhaps you should order the champions by difficulty. Also, the general tips should probably be in a new section, as it's way too long and unwieldy looking. I sorted them by alphabetical order. Bad idea? Also...yeah its getting a bit unwieldy. I'll make a new section for them.

13) The whole "check your opponent's summoner spells" should be under Summoner Spells section. So you'd have your description of Flash then "If the enemy has Flash" etc etc. Hm, didn't think of that. I'll try it.

14) Screenshots of the places you can Arcane Shift through would be great. I'd love to but it'd be a lot of work unless you already have a map for it handy. In which case I'd be soooo happy.

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 12:53pm | Report
orochinagi wrote:

3 points in Sorcery (mastery): 3%
Glyphs of Focus: 5.85%
Spirit Visage: 10%
Ghostblade: 15%

All this sums up to 33.85%

The Ionian boots will contribute with 6.15%

EDIT: Searz u forgot the 3 points in Sorcery... :D

Lol I'm sorry guys, I kinda screwed up on the math. I usually like to check the CDR on newer guides, because a lot of other people don't notice. I'm so used to adding 9% from masteries that I forgot it wasn't a 9/0/21 build. Nevertheless, I still stand by my suggestion, as the 6% from boots isn't really worth the option of better boots. I also offered a suggestion to switch Spirit Visage out for Zeke's Harbinger if Keelz wants to keep his CDR boots, that will help with some of the wasted CDR.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 5:20pm | Report
K, software needed is LoLReplay (free to download) and Fraps (also free to download, if you know what I mean ^^). You'll also need Virtual Dub and a whole lot of other stuff. Here's a post I made about creating videos:

jhoijhoi wrote:

This is how I've been doing it (for reference in case anyone else reads this thread):

1) Download LoLReplay (free)
2) Obtain a full version of FRAPS (whatever means you choose)
3) Download Xvid Video Codec (free. This is for allowance of good compressing later - a 3 minute raw video from Fraps can be up to 2.5GBs in size)
4) Download Virtual Dub (free. This allows you to convert it to an .avi file that is small enough for YouTube)
5) Find a game that had something memorable that you wish to put into a video (say for example you got a Pentakill as... Karma or something)
4) Turn Fraps on and enter the recorded game through LoLReplay.
5) Press F9 when you want to start recording on Fraps, and F9 to stop. You can turn the recording on and off as many times as you like. Press the "+" button on the numpad to skip 10 second blocks.
6) Exit LoLReplay (alt+F4)
7) Open Virtual Dub
8) Open the video you want to compress (navigate to your Fraps folder and find one entitled "Videos". If you've chosen to record a whole lot of video time, it will be broken up into lots of pieces - generally around 2GBs each)
9) If you have a whole lot of pieces that you want in the same video, go to File > Append Avi Segment and attach more videos that way
10) Video > Filters > Compression > Xvid MPEG-4 Codec (the files we installed in step 3) > OK
11) File > Save as Avi. Depending on how long the video is, the compression may take a while. For a 3 minute video the compression on my laptop took about 30 minutes.
12) Navigate to your Fraps folder > Videos > Watch the finished product that you've given an appropriate title so it's easy to find (ie: PENTAKILL KARMA). If it's satisfactory > Delete the bigger video files you have just compressed into one video.
13) Upload compressed file to YouTube. Depending on your internet speed and the length of the video, this could take a lot of time. For a 3 minute video at 100kBs, it took 80 minutes to upload.
14) Copy the tag at the end of the uploaded video (ie: AlGBDucKSFE&NR=1) and embed it in your guide on MobaFire.

Hope this helps ^^

PM me for the photobucket details, and feel free to use the Mastery icons and other League of Legends stuff stored there.

Post back in this thread when you've added some colour/changed anything else.

---

@PsiGuard: haha, I'm impressed you do the math at all. For at least 30 games I was buying on Sona: Ionian's, Shurelyia's, Soul Shroud + Focus Glyphs, and 9/0/21 Masteries.

So even "not noobs" make mistakes ^^

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 1:29am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

3) Download Xvid Video Codec (free. This is for allowance of good compressing later - a 3 minute raw video from Fraps can be up to 2.5GBs in size)

Xvid is a VERY old codec by now. Use h264 or webM (VP8) instead. Everything uses it nowadays (iphones, youtube e.t.c..).
Avanti is what I'm using to convert to h264(free ofc). I can get the 4.3GB 1920x1200resolution files from fraps with a minute playtime each down to 25-30MB each, with almost perfect quality. (I do convert to 1920x1080 tho)
That would mean 1GB per 40min match if you want perfect full HD quality. The size will be less at smaller resolutions though ofc.
Quoted:
4) Download Virtual Dub (free. This allows you to convert it to an .avi file that is small enough for YouTube)

Can VD join h264 files? The problem for me when I'm making videos is that I can't find a (good) program that can join several clips together.
Does the program need to be able to convert to a certain format to be able to join files?
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:23am | Report
Virtual Dub does everything. You just "append files" to add several segments ^^

The Xvid stuff is standard, very quick to install - you don't even need it, but some custom compression tools are sometimes better than Virtual Dub's compression.

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 2:24am | Report
H264 is the new standard :P
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide