Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Nasus Build

Creator: jhoijhoi October 23, 2011 1:25am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 5:08am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

For example, if Nasus lanes versus his brother Renekton, there is almost no use for his dodge boots as most of Renektons damage comes from his abilities and you actually really want to reduce the duration of Ruthless Predator to increase your survivability.

Very true however are you aware of the fact that Ruthless Predator CAN be dodged? (I do agree on you on the fact that armour beats dodge)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 5:14am | Report
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Renekton_the_Butcher_of_the_Sands

--> Ruthless Predator can neither crit, nor be dodged, but if Renekton is blinded, Ruthless Predator will miss.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 5:18am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

My build:
- Ninja Tabi + Trinity Force + Frozen Heart + Force of Nature + Atma's Impaler + Warmog's Armor
Why: Other items don't seem to utilise Nasus' full potential. He is possibly one of the only tanks that can build completely tanky and still do a huge amount of damage. Taking advantage of this is what leads to a successful game.

Runes:
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed + greater mark of desolation + Greater Seal of Evasion + Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Why: Swiftness is to allow Nasus to farm his Siphoning Strike and get back out of harms way quickly (which is also due to Quickness ). Desolation is the armour penetration. Evasion is due to the predominantly AD meta game (1 tanky dps top, 1 AP mid, 1 tanky dps jungler, 1 AD, 1 AP support). Focus so Nasus can get more early game SS before grabbing an early game Glacial Shroud.

Masteries:
- 0/16/14
(spec'ing for Dodge Chance + Movement with Dodge, Veteran Scars, Quickness and Meditation)
Why: I don't feel the full 0/21/9 is necessary, and as I'm buying Ninja Tabi and have spec'd Dodge Seals, the Dodge in the defense tree is very helpful.

Summoners:
- Teleport + Flash/ Exhaust
Why:
- Nasus will go solo top, so Teleport takes advantage of the early game philosopher's stone strategy.

Ability Sequence:
- Fury of the Sands > Siphoning Strike > Wither > Spirit Fire
Why:
- Nasus is all about siphoing strike farm, and a lower cooldown on this ability will make sure he gets more creep kills stacked on it, furthering its damage. Wither is extremely important against solo top (especially when you are ganked), and should be maxed second. Spirit Fire is maxed last due to the fact that its cost is increased, its cooldown is not decreased (always 12 without CDR) and using it all the time will push your minions. This will leave you over-extended and out of mana, making you susceptible to a gank.

that's good overall, but i think that's excess of the tankiness he needs. i prefer the Frozen Mallet to the warmog's, due to the additional slow. As to the rest, they seem to work. i also would take a damage item like Youmuu's Ghostblade inplace of the Frozen Heart because again, i think this build is overly tanky.

i think your rune choices are good, and the explination make them fine by me.

non21/9 masteries are different, but effective on him, so no critisism there. However, i would use some offensive masteries.

As to summonner spells, i would never take Exhaust on nasus. Wither IMO works much better and you'd be better off with Flash or if you wanted an offensive one, try Ignite

I think your skill sequencing is good, i would simply presume that you'll be getting an early point in Wither because one point is very effective.

EDIT: fixed the coding.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 5:30am | Report
mastajdog wrote:

that's good overall, but i think that's excess of the tankiness he needs. i prefer the Frozen Mallet to the warmog's, due to the additional slow. As to the rest, they seem to work. i also would take a damage item like Youmuu's Ghostblade inplace of the Frozen Heart because again, i think this build is overly tanky.

jhoijhoi wrote:

Nasus is all about Siphoning Strike farm

^ this is what allows him to build tanky and still deal enough damage. Getting Youmuu's Ghostblade would actually make you squishier than necessary, not a great choice.

mastajdog wrote:

As to summonner spells, i would never take Exhaust on nasus. Wither IMO works much better and you'd be better off with Flash or if you wanted an offensive one, try Ignite

to quote her guide:

Quoted:
Exhaust: Exhaust is essential on Nasus to gain the upper hand in any 1v1 fight, or clustered teamfight. Don't tell me Nasus already has Exhaust via Wither! Would you not grab Flash on Ezreal just because of Arcane Shift, or Flash on Tristana because of Rocket Jump?? Chucking Exhaust on the enemy AD or AP carry immediately shuts them down, and allows you to perform at your full potential. As with Flash, Exhaust can be used offensively, or defensively.

:P

Honestly, though, I have used Ignite on him as well but generally it is more useful for champions that cannot finish an enemy off because all their spells are on cooldown. As long as you make sure you stick to your enemy, this won't be the case when playing Nasus

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 5:34am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Renekton_the_Butcher_of_the_Sands

--> Ruthless Predator can neither crit, nor be dodged, but if Renekton is blinded, Ruthless Predator will miss.

Oh ok my bad. I was either confused with blind or it was once possible and has been changed. In either way I was wrong.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 9:09am | Report
Honestly guys, she can keep the dodge seals and still buy Merc treads... 8% dodge is fine.

No need to get all panicky and abort the dodge runes even if she builds Merc Treads. She's got plenty of armor in her items.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 9:11am | Report
With her current amount of armor there's no need to have more in seals, you're damn right about that xD

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 9:19am | Report
The reason would be early game lanes against someone like Garen.

Dodge aren't a waste however.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 9:27am | Report
Not a waste but I can understand why people generally prefer armor

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 9:42am | Report
It kinda depends on your other runes, tbh.

I have several tanky pages which I cycle through depending on my opponent.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide