Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Olaf in 5 minutes by Ace Ventura

Creator: Ace Ventura October 27, 2011 5:05am
Ace Ventura
<Member>
Ace Ventura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 5:05am | Report
Introduction

I felt like I shouldn't write this guide due to large quantity of trolls on MobaFire. However, here I made it and for those who wish to see different Olaf build and for those interested, keep reading. This is my another in 5 minute guide and I will present you new Olaf build and I advocate playing him on solo top.

Runes

x9 Greater Mark of Desolation
x9 Greater Seal of Evasion
x9 Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
x3 Greater Quintessence of Health

Alternatives:

Greater Seal of Armor or Greater Seal of Vitality
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction or Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Desolation or Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed

Masteries

0 / 9 / 21

Summoner Spells

Alternatives to Exhaust:

Item Selection

Item Start: or or

Item Core:

Boot Upgrade:
Mid-Late Game High Recommendations: [iconElixir of Agility=30]

Situational Items:
Situational Defensive Items:

Item Build Example

Standard Complete Build:

Tips on Abilities

• The best way to use it, is not trying to use it. It is an extra bonus when your health is getting low and you're bout to push towers.
  • It becomes more useful in fights the more health you got.
  • Synergies well with Vicious Strikes and Reckless Swing.

• It goes as far as you click (max 1000).
  • It will reveal small area and units in bushes, so use advantage of it instead of face-checking.
  • It is an amazing chasing ability as you can constantly tossing your axe at enemy, then pick it up and keep repeating that.
  • This ability will trigger spell vamp from Vicious Strikes, but since it is an area-of-effect ability, it will trigger only 33% of your spell vamp.
  • Vicious Strikes will also increase the damage of this ability while active.
  • It goes through units, so it is great harassing ability.
  • In combination with a Lizard buff or Frozen Mallet nothing can get away from you.
  • When ganking, always toss it right behind you enemy as they will probably run back as soon as they see you.

• While Vicious Strikes is active, using Smite will heal you. Same goes to Wriggle's Lantern's passive proc, what is making this item core. All that thanks to the spell vamp that this ability has.
  • It increases your damage to towers, means, always activate this to burst them, faster.

• Care when you're at low health, cause using Reckless Swing might help your enemies to kill you faster.
  • While Vicious Strikes is active, using Reckless Swing will end up with taking less feedback damage as spell vamp will heal you.
  • When it becomes possible to kill yourself with Reckless Swing it becomes unable to use.

• You can use Ragnarok to clear snares like Ryze's Rune Prison or Swain's Nevermove, but you can't use it while stunned / silenced / feared / suppressed.
  • Exhaust's damage reduction on Olaf works while Ragnarok is active, but slow doesn't.

Closing Words

I got similar guide to this on Leaguecraft. I didn't wanted to go deeply into explanations as this is in 5 minute guide and no need for that. Feel free to discuss.

Change Log

[27 October 2011] - In 5 minute guide is up!

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."

Check my all-inclusive guides:
Kayle, a Life of an Archangel

Check my in 5 minute guides:
Vayne Olaf
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 8:17am | Report
Hmm the new Mobafire-meta-game? Releasing quick guides on forum huh? Sounds random ._.
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!
And check out my build on skarner
Ace Ventura
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 8:51am | Report
I prefer doing this and keep build/guide freely opened for discussion rather then watching trolls trolling my guides. As mentioned in my other guide, I don't really care for votes.

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on."

Vayne Olaf
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 8:57am | Report
Your standard build has no MR...
Like LEGIT NO MR.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 9:02am | Report
These core builds leave something to be desired. Very average.

Some of your situational items are actually better core items for him than your suggested core items.
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 9:11am | Report
Olaf is a bot laner or top? or can only jungle?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:07am | Report
Solo top.

He's average in the jungle because he's so gear dependent.

He's best suited for the solo top lane.
Ace Ventura
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:15am | Report
Quoted:

Your standard build has no MR...
Like LEGIT NO MR.

Because it is situational. I do build in most games magic resist, but you won't build it if you don't have problems with that.

Olaf actually isn't item dependent. As jungler Olaf Wriggle's and boots are enough till mid game in most cases, but normally you will build other items also. Also yah, solo top is his prime.

About my item build, sometimes I grab Youmuu's early over Wriggle's, depend on my farm.

Vayne Olaf
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:21am | Report
Well yeah Wriggle's is cool to get through the jungle but he's weak and gets blown up in fights if you don't have your HP items.

You can't really effectively play him without a lot of gear. I.E; Gear dependent.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 11:01am | Report
Way too much offense to make Olaf survive. Dun leik.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide