Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Orianna Discussion

Creator: Dudemanguy1 June 22, 2011 2:15pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 8:22am | Report
Again, as said in the post y'all are quoting, I don't think champs like that are support..

Orianna is about as much of a support as Lux or Nidalee is....=_=
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 9:20am | Report
She isn't support as much as she has some support utility. I actually level her shield up second. I level command ball last. I like to be able to offer a little support to my tanks. And I love to bounce her abilities off the front line. Her ult going off from your tank is a like a swift kick in the ball to the other team.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 9:25am | Report
lol in the ball

since she uses a ball

lol

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 9:38am | Report
;)
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 10:14am | Report

Again, as said in the post y'all are quoting, I don't think champs like that are support..

Orianna is about as much of a support as Lux or Nidalee is....=_=

Yes, exactly, but you shouldnt build her support, as Temzilla was defending in the 3rd post...

Temzilla wrote:

When was AP agreed as a viable build over Support :(?

Orianna is a great babysitter, why can't she just be played that way >_>?

He can bring whatever argument he wants, orianna isnt a support, and MUST be build like nuker - My opinion
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 1:24pm | Report
^not opinion, facts!

:D

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 1:41pm | Report
Orianna is a support much in the way Zilean, Gragas, Nidalee, and Lux are played - more as an auxiliary caster than anything. They don't bring as much intense, pure AP damage to the table as a normal AP mage, but they bring far more utility.

I believe Orianna belongs in a solo lane; she works best in mid, and I doubt her potential top with the exception of ball-checking. Many solo top laners use the brush to their advantage to secure lane dominance without even having to harass; Orianna can stop this by getting vision with her ball.

She should most certainly start with a Regrowth Pendant and one Health Potion; this solves her early mana problems fairly quickly by being able to recall and get a philosopher's stone. This offsets much of the mana costs until she can get a Tear of the Goddess and/or a catalyst the protector, whatever your preference is.

In lane, I think Orianna should mostly be focusing on zoning the enemy champion - her lane presence is so strong, and in combination with a philosopher's stone she can focus less on CS and more on shutting down the enemy in lane. That's not to say don't farm, but by all means don't play passively.

Some people say Lich Bane, some people say Nashor's Tooth. My personal opinion is that you won't be able to AA enough to make Nashor's Tooth worth your while, and Ionian Boots of Lucidity should be enough to get good CDR with blue buff/blue pot. Lich Bane is far better, and you should be utilizing every opportunity to throw an auto attack at the enemy.

In terms of late-game playstyle; I think the focus should be more disruption than damage. Don't move the ball through all 5 enemies and make it land by the tank, just hit the enemy AP/AD carry and disrupt with Command: Dissonance and Command: Shockwave. Then, shield the person who's the target of their spells and speed your allies up. Orianna's utility should be prioritized over her damage. That's not to say don't deal damage, but if you have to choose between hurting your enemies and helping your allies, the latter will be more beneficial overall.

Well, that's my essay on how I think Orianna should be played!
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 3:33pm | Report
^no lich bane

don't focus on ur auto attack, just BALL IT

and also I experimented a lot and starting with a ring + AP quints is much better, 30 AP off the bat and nice HP and regen, sets you back A LITTLE on your philo but np

also, I think she is better early laning phase duo than solo, although she CAN hold her own solo; I think this because she can net her ally many kills with protect + haste and slow...get yourself and ally fed early on, very nice :)

and if you look at that JunSupport thread that I liked, Ori packs a big punch. Yes she has a lot of utility, but your theory of her not bringing as much damage as normal mages is wrong...

there is no "normal" mage anyway, everyone has different special things

and, she happens to be the 2nd best nuke behind Veigar in the game, according to some high Elo person who did the math

with her combo and a lot of AP she instakills people

plus her AoE is AMAZING for the WHOLE enemy team, you should NOT be focusing ONE person with the ball as you suggested, you should be focusing the WHOLE team to dish damage to EVERYONE.
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 3:43pm | Report
The most amazing thing about Ori (in my opinion) is she brings a variable to the game that you cannot account for. If Annie is out of range she cannot ult you. If Veigar is out of range he cannot nuke you. The list goes on and on. Ori can use someone else as the focus of her ult and nuke. And THAT is a variable that is so hard to account for and offers something that no other champion can do.

Oh if you want CDR on her just get Morello's Evil Tome. I have used both Nasher's and Morellos on her and of the 2 I prefer Morello's.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 3:54pm | Report
ya I get Morello

gr8 for CDR and mana regen and AP ofc

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide