Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tank Shen, ANTI-AD. Build post and invitation...

Creator: grimuletz March 1, 2011 3:33am
1 2
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 3:33am | Report
Edited my build. This is how it looks. Balanced Tank Shen

Earlier post
Quoted:
My Shen build - Tank, Anti-AD

So this is my thread. Got past 5k characters (including bb and html), however build still doesn't pop up in search engine... anyway..
This build is not the best, the only reason I created it is because I thought it and it helped me. It can always be improved.
As the title says, it's a tank build, consisting of hp and armor, perfect for a AD enemy team.
Frozen Mallet is added just for more fun, but it gives a good hp buff. It can be easily replaced with Force of Nature (magic resist and movement speed) or another Warmog's Armor.. even an Atma's Impaler depending on one's point of view.

I only seek enlightment, so comments will be embraced.
Again, I don't think or wish my build is the best, but if IT SUCKS, please take the time to explain why.
Thank you.

hope it helps.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 12:51pm | Report
You don't have NEARLY enough magic resist. At less than 40, you're really squishy when you face off against mages. I can understand armor stacking on Rammus or Malphite, but not on Shen.

Warmog's is a little bit circumstantial as well, since it's not efficient until late game, by which time you'd be better off with utility.
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 11:42pm | Report

You don't have NEARLY enough magic resist. At less than 40, you're really squishy when you face off against mages. I can understand armor stacking on Rammus or Malphite, but not on Shen.

Warmog's is a little bit circumstantial as well, since it's not efficient until late game, by which time you'd be better off with utility.

thank you for your insight. i know i have almost no magic resist but the build was thought against an AD team and the items will vary if the team changes.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 2:07pm | Report
Definitely. You can't guarantee that you'll be against an AD team. Take a look at my Amumu build - I only have Sunfire and Banshee's in the main build sequence because those will pretty much be universally good items for him - but apart from that, I don't go any more in-depth into any other tank items. Only in the situational section do I discuss other choices.
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 3:21am | Report
(check first post--page 1)

Replaced with to get some magic resist.
Replaced with -->
(i still get magic damage --return-- if I get hit from and I boost my and with the ap from rylai; also improve hp a bit 450->500).
This way the build would be a little more balanced.

Any opinions?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 2:06pm | Report
I would actually stick with Sunfire and not Rylai's. The slow isn't a necessity, since your taunt should be enough. Sunfire lets you farm a lane faster, and any good late-game Shen should be farming as far away from his team as possible in order to force the opposing team into a bad position.
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 7:42am | Report

I would actually stick with Sunfire and not Rylai's. The slow isn't a necessity, since your taunt should be enough. Sunfire lets you farm a lane faster, and any good late-game Shen should be farming as far away from his team as possible in order to force the opposing team into a bad position.

Advice taken in consideration. Will edit the build as soon as I manage to get some spare time. TY.
Would also be interested in playing a match with (or against) you Jebus, whenever you have some time at hand. Make note that I've never played any ranked game so far, but my reflexes are --let's say-- acceptable, however I don't think I'll be much of a threat.
-- main account is on EU -- crumbsy's the name, tanking's the game (well at least when I am able to)

Later edit>>
quick question
On a diff. champ, let's say Pantheon, if I wanna bring down a tank, should I go (as you stated in your guide) for Last Whisper or should i pick Madred's Bloodrazor ??
ty in advance!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 8:37am | Report
Depends a lot. Last whisper is generally superior unless you're playing more of an AS champ like Kog'Maw. Note also that LW supports AD abilities with its AD and ArP while Bloodrazor does not.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 4:21pm | Report
I have only 1 favor to ask grimuletz.

Remove both links to the build from the 1st topic.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 4:49pm | Report
Hey, DEWO, isn't linking to builds allowed in this forum, as long as you're not advertising? :(
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide