Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Blu's Thread

Creator: BluAnimal October 14, 2012 5:49am
42 posts - page 2 of 5
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 8:53pm | Report

Jax is free win if you don't get camped up to 1500, 1500 is kinda joke but players do get marginally better there.

That's why I'm trying so many different ways to build him. Currently I can get by with stacking lifesteal and Warmog's Armor but that's not gonna get me far past 1500. Any suggestions on a late game build besides Trinity Force and Hextech Gunblade?

Also if you were watching the Championship what did you think of Shy and Stanley's Jax? I honestly don't understand the Trinity Force rush without buying any sustain.
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 9:07pm | Report

:/
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
ReprobateReality
<Member>
ReprobateReality's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 9:24pm | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

That's why I'm trying so many different ways to build him. Currently I can get by with stacking lifesteal and Warmog's Armor but that's not gonna get me far past 1500. Any suggestions on a late game build besides Trinity Force and Hextech Gunblade?

Also if you were watching the Championship what did you think of Shy and Stanley's Jax? I honestly don't understand the Trinity Force rush without buying any sustain.

Rushing Trinity Force is high risk, high reward. It is high in reward because of the high damage output. Hybrid items such as Trinity Force and Hextech Gunblade are primarily a mid-game items. They do not scale well late. But since they are such great mid-game items, they help you snowball into the late-game.

On the topic of sustain, Trinity Force can be rushed if you can farm well as it is the most expensive item in the game. Basically, you must not die, so play passive-aggressively. It is all depending on how good you are as a player. By good, I mean playing smart, such as not pushing to the enemy's turret when their jungler is mia and always warding your lane.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

If I helped you out, please +REP me :D
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 9:39pm | Report
Minho wrote:

:/

Obvious troll is not so obvious? :p

I've always preferred to get either Wriggle's Lantern or (preferably) Bilgewater Cutlass. Although I've been buying both recently for the massive lifesteal and farming it allows. As for the Trinity Force a lot of the times I've just been skipping over it completely and grabbing either a Warmog's Armor or Frozen Mallet, although I miss the Sheen aspect of it. As for Shy he didn't do very well for rushing a Trinity Force. I would have grabbed Heart of Gold or philosopher's stone if I were him, and then grab sustain because by the time he was actually able to fight (very late game) the Trinity Force had little impact against Shen.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 10:19pm | Report
I only watched shy's Jax 2 games, it was average. He built extremely poorly when behind and acceptably when ahead.

As for stanley, he built very intelligently given the fact he was so behind.

Maknoon's Jax was pretty good skillwise, although I don't remember his exact build.

As for lategame builds, you want a giants belt before finishing ga. My standard build is bilgewater triforce giants belt gunblade ga. after that its situational, although I usually build maw somewhere after that 90% of the time. If you build ga before giants its super cost INefficient with your ult on.

Wriggle's is something i personally cannot stand. I only build this against lee sin or riven when they show they are good. tabi wriggles vs lee and riven is free win.

If you know you cannot finish triforce before 25 minutes buy EITHER heart of gold or philo stone but ONLY ONE. Bilgewater is mandatory.

EDIT: And this is gonna sound cliche since everybody says it but... the pros built incorrectly, and even at my elo I am a better Jax player then stanley and shy, at least by the play they showed. Maknoon is good though, I have to hand it to him. I can't definitively say I am better then he is.
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 10:49pm | Report
@H4X I felt that Shy did very poorly and didn't adapt at all while he was behind Shen. In his position I would have bought Heart of Gold and tried taking jungle creeps every chance I had. There wasn't a lot of his build or playstyle I could agree with, I respect him as a player nonetheless, but maybe not as a Jax player.

How do you feel about Doran's Blades when behind? I believe it only prolongs Bilgewater Cutlass which is needed for early game.

10/14/12 - 11:30PM

Blue Team
Top: Volibear
Mid: Evelynn
Jungle: Pantheon (Too Stacked)
Support: Taric (Me)
AD Bot: Caitlyn

Purple Team
Top: Garen
Mid: Ahri
Jungle: Riven
Support: Blitzcrank
AD Bot: Vayne

Victory! +11
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2012 11:00pm | Report
Doran's are amazing if your lane is close. If it is close I will buy 2 or 3 and proceed to stomp lane. It is really a judgment call. I almost always buy 1 just for that little boost.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 1:34pm | Report
Pantheon build. uhh.. ok o.o
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 3:23pm | Report
10/16/12

Blue Team
Top: Jax (Me)
Mid: Akali
Jungle: Malphite
Support: Sona
AD Bot: Ezreal (TopDogJW)

Purple Team
Top: Vladimir
Mid: Evelynn
Jungle: Maokai
Support: Taric
AD Bot: Graves

Notes
No commentary really, this time. Vladimir top scared me in champion select but the person I was switching Malphite with only owned Jax. So anyways I remembered a really simple thing: Vlad's CDs suck at early levels. He gets a double kill at level 3 from me and Malphite derpdiving, but I quickly come back after 6 being able to Leap Strike Empower third hit of Master-At-Arms him down and down. Maokai wasn't a bad jungler either, but the only thing keeping them in the game was Evelynn who I managed to stun each game.
Victory! +16
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:38pm | Report
Pro Blu. Accidentally edits last post of a game into a different game. Guess I'm conserving space :p Oh well, pretend that post counts as 2 games?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide