Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

OTG's Evolution to a higher ELO.

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 2, 2013 9:42am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 11:16pm | Report

volibears kit has too many problems for him to be considered sleeper op. he definitely got better in s3 but saying he is sleeper op is a real stretch.

also i feel he is not worth jungling at all, only good in top lane because of how his w works. you also want a warmogs asap which you will get a lot faster in top lane. he is a lot like singed in how he can jungle and has decent ganks and clear, but he is better with solo lane gold top.

Hasn't been a problem jungling for me because I just gank nonstop. He actually has deceptively powerful ganks because he either burns a flash or kills you if you get caught. I also just generally enjoy playing him. Gold usually isnt an issue because the only expensive item he really needs is warmogs, otherwise his build paths are quite economical.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 11:25pm | Report
ganking nonstop doesn't work against people who know how to ward vs him is why. as you get higher in elo it becomes harder and harder to gank with champs like voli. when my team told me to practice him in solo queue during s2 i got so frustrated because i would fall SO far behind if just a few of my ganks failed because of his lack of sustain/mana problems if you spam everything to clear. things might have changed in s3 jungle as i haven't tested him enough yet, but i doubt it.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 11:28pm | Report
Hmm, true. But generally I gank early and with a vengeance. If they wise up to me I just vision ward their lane. basically I try to shut lanes down early so I can resort to jungle farming while my lanes continue dominating and show my face every once and awhile to let them know who's boss, or if someone needs my help.

That last game was the rare occurance wehere I built pretty much flat tank. I usually go semi DPS with Statik Shiv and Atma's Impaler.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 12:28am | Report
I think both statikk shiv and impaler are really underrated items, although I haven't used them in conjunction with eachother 0-o.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 12:46am | Report
Statikk shiv underrated...

You mean where every ADC builds it every game? o.O
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 12:49am | Report
I don't build them at the same time. One or the other depending on if I need more pushing power or more damage. I build avarice blade on Vbear anyway usually when Im jungling.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 1:17am | Report
I mean on champs other then adcs and melee carries. People see it and label it as an adc/melee carry item when it is more then that.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 10:47pm | Report
Game 1:

Top: Shen vs. Singed
Mid: Diana vs. Kayle
Jungle: Lee Sin vs. Skarner
Bot: Miss Fortune/ Thresh vs. Kennen/ Zyra

Sad part is we were semi trying to lose. We started the game by intentionally giving Kayle first blood and another kill, all of us but one died at lvl 1, because we dived their turret "like men". This proved to have no effect on the game because even with intentional lvl 1 throwing, all of the lanes were still winning in our favor.

Kennen and Zyra couldnt out damage us at bot, largely because they couldnt reach MF, I was in their way. Battle Shen beat Singed. After laning phase were made every ballsy and stupid initiation and fight in the book, and still mostly came out even or positive. Eventually they fed the troll ( Lee Sin) and lost the final team fight because they focused the "marvelous Golden Zhonya's Hourglass Lee Sin."

Game 2:

Top: Shen vs. Vladimir
Mid: Twisted Fate vs. Orianna
Jungle: Udyr vs. Hecarim
Bot: Miss Fortune/ Thresh vs. Corki/ Taric

Our jungler time out locked Udyr on accident. Woops. I don't really remember what happened in the other lanes, but at bot, we won the lane pretty hard, but after laning phase my carry kept wanting fights and we all quickly realized we were outcomped in fights. So we resorted largely to split pushing with TF and Shen, while me, MF and Udyr caught people around the map out of place; or Udyr soloing 3 people, like a man. Eventually, we baited them to baron, they got it and killed us of course, but we had stalled long enough for Shen and Twisted Fate to push the two towers and the nexus over. That combo is stupid.

Game 3:

Top: Fiora vs. Akali
Mid: Diana vs. Gragas
Jungle: Olaf vs. Shaco
Bot: Miss Fortune/ Thresh vs. Draven/ Leona

I'm actually really proud of this game because three of the players on the enemy team were 1900 elo. ( Draven, Shaco, and Akali.) We won bot lane because Draven got greedy and I made a pretty boss play with Dark Passage, clutch shielding MF long enough for me to FB Draven under our tower, MF survived. After that, we largely won any actual committed fight between us and them, though MF was very afraid of Draven's Q. I don't blame him. Shaco was an unstoppable mad man though, and we couldn't do much about it. We almost lost to Shaco alone, until his team got caught and killed and he attempted to base race us. We pushed the two nexus towers and he homeguarded back to die for some reason. We picked the rest of them off as they spawned and won the game.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 10:54pm | Report
Y u no post 2nd loss game

They didn't play it with you?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 10:56pm | Report
nice job!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide