Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

OTG's Ranked Evolution 3: Revenge of the Brobot.

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 18, 2014 11:47pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 5:12pm | Report
Nah man after C9 the other day all teemos will go mid. Trust.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 7:45pm | Report

Game 3:

"I'm my own back up."

Thought Process:

I picked Vi because I wanted early snowballing for Katarina and Renekton. On the opposite side was Udyr and I was a bit concerned he would counter jungle me, but he ended up not doing that. I got a lot of early kills, so I went with Spirit of the Elder Lizard and The Brutalizer. I ended the game on Randuin's Omen and my final items likely would have been a Spirit Visage, Black Cleaver, Guardian Angel and selling Elder lizard for a Blade of the Ruined King.

For runes I used flat AD marks and quints with scaling MR blues. I ran 9/21 masteries, being unsure how tanky I really needed to be this game.

Game Summary:

The game started off well enough, me and Renekton burned a flash on Wukong, and I thought "Worth!" but then Udyr managed first blood on Lulu at bot lane. The theme of this game was that Udyr was usually one step ahead of me every time I wanted to gank, and he'd kill my laner, but I'd kill his, then he'd chase me off.

They got every dragon, and around mid game I noticed Renekton was building some silly Black Cleaver/ Ravenous Hydra build. I was tankier than him. T.T Despite being the most fed member on my team, I got popped every team fight by the Ahri and eventually they just wrecked us all with ease. Superior team comp and plays is what I can chalk this game up to.

Things I learned:

Vi isn't exactly the best fit for every team. I picked her early on and I feel like we just had no burst follow up on targets. Ezreal and Katarina just simply didn't have the damage.

Things to work on:

I built too selfishly. Although... I did assume Renekton would be our tank, but that ended up not happening.

Questions for MOBAFire:

I feel I made a very selfish pick by playing Vi, and I built even more selfishly. Would this game had gone better if I used a more team oriented jungler like Sejuani or Perhaps Volibear?
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 8:19pm | Report
from my experience....both sej and voli rely on your team heavily. most junglers do but sej and voli do even more so. voli needs a couple early kills/assists to be anything. based on the kda's of your team it would seem that none of your lanes really won their lanes. this is an assumption BUT if they couldn't win their lanes likely they weren't going to carry a game...and if none of your lanes can be a competent carry than sej and voli wouldn't be as useful imo.

obviously i am a nooblord, but those are my thoughts.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 9:36pm | Report
@Bio, yea kinda, but getting fed as a tank can lead to some interesting team fights if everyone forces you. My next game proves that.

Game 4:

"We fight while cowards talk."

Thought Process:

I picked Sejuani simply because I hadn't played her in forever and really wanted to. My team actually kinda picked to compliment that with Morgana and Thresh. Elise was the enemy jungler and I really wasn't threatened by her at all, and killed her myself (I know right?) two times when she ganked. For runes I used Hybrid pen marks and Quints with scaling MR. I used 0/21/9 masteries to keep blue up as long as possible.

I outright bought Spirit of the Ancient Golem and immediately rushed Sunfire Aegis because I was 4/0 early on. Annie and Ziggs were kind of a problem so I got Spirit Visage. Tristana was also fed as hell so I got a Thornmail for ***** and giggles. I would have finished that build with a Warmog's Armor.

Game Summary:

Early game was pretty funny. We burned Wukong's flash immediately and he was pretty much frightened of Olaf for the rest of the game in a 1v1 situation. I went mid where Elise tried to gank Morgana and failed. She ate a Q and half of a W DoT and walked off... straight into my bear and died. First blood. Sadly bot lane began feeding Tristana immediately after this.

Second time Elise ganked mid was pretty much a repeat scenario (I realized at this point she was building AP items) and we easily secured Dragon and Morgana got a double kill. At this point Tristana had like 5 kills and was pretty angry, bot turret had been destroyed and our bot lane was pretty weak. After getting Dragon we man moded the Turret and destroyed it. I called for everyone to force mid lane while Olaf was keeping Wukong at bay.

There were a few rocky team fights because Olaf spent almost all his time splitpushing and Wukong made desperate attempts to team fight. A few lead to my death and the deaths of Thresh and Caitlyn too, but Morgana nearly single handedly won the hard fights.

After that, Olaf came down and we more or less just caught either Ziggs or Tristana out with my ult or Thresh hook and murdered them, then forced the 4v5 until we secured victory.

Things I Learned:

I'm still OP with Sejuani. AoE comp is totes still legit. Morgana also OP.

Things to work on:

I stole so many kills and I was reckless as ****. I was a fed murder bear cavalry woman though so it usually worked out. Also, I feel like my runes were iffy. While I did feel a damage increase in early fights, it made my jungle clear suffer by not using attack speed marks.

Questions to MOBAFire:

What do YOU think of Sejuani? Still decent in S4?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 10:08pm | Report
i personally like sej with katarina (referring to your vi game) because of the ult synergy

and ever since the new jungle changes ive been finding the first clear a bit too murderish for sejuani (of course i think i went 21/9/0 in one of those games on accident and only played 2 games) and with a lot of carry junglers all over the place it feels like someone can just walk in your jungle and kill you easy and i dont like that, i also used to play sejuani as a wtf gank heavy jungler so the new jungle farming items are a nerf to my playstyle with sej

also i go AS reds on her cuz i heard that made her clear a bit faster back when she was the op **** with naut
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 10:12pm | Report
Yea I was feeling the low health on first clear but the new sightstone helps a LOT. Like holy mother of god.

Edit: Also I should point out the Kat in the Vi game didnt mean to be kat. Misclick and she didnt know what she was doing.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 10:15pm | Report
you mean spirit stone not sight stone right? and yeah i was thinking the new passive would be better if youre farming but i like to gank a lot, which means the regen would be better for me, ill have to play her again since shes one of my favorite champions
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 10:16pm | Report
I highly suggest it. :D I hadn't played her in months, she was one of my most consistently good junglers in S3.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 5:48am | Report
I've made a few changes to my roster; Replaced Varus with Twisted Fate as a mid laner for a more map control orient composition. I replaced Zac with Karma to address concerns with my lack of ability to deal with ranged top laners as well as the fact that I use Zac for much the same reason I'd use Cho'Gath. Lastly, replaced Volibear with Gragas to have a strong AP jungle pick.

Thoughts on these new choices guys?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 6:06am | Report
Cho'Gath > Zac because you feel more comfortable on Cho or because you feel he's better? Haven't played Cho top at all in ages so obviously I'd personally choose Zac, but yeah, just wondering what the thought behind it is :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide