Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2017 10:19pm | Report

My Twitch and my Vel'Koz ran off by themselves to try and kill Lee Sin who of course led them back into his team, since this thing called Baron was up that we were all congregating around.

Oh and pretty much no one could break Morgana's Black Shield, so there was that.

The End.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2017 8:41pm | Report

Is there some reason every AD assassin I play with is an idiot I won't buy a Hexdrinker after feeding a bunch of kills to their AP assassin Mid laner? And rages at me for suggesting it? Okay aside from the idiot part, legitimate question. Does it screw up your damage profile that much to itemize somewhat defensively especially if there is another source of AP damage on their team?

On another note. Dr. Mundo carry.

-26,234 dmg to objectives.
-76,306 self mitigated dmg.

Not too shabby. :)

Alistar picked up a triple kill at Baron against the three members of their team that were still up and trying to kill it. Kinda hilarious. I guess the extra damage from Abyssal Mask came in handy.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2017 5:22pm | Report

Weird game. At no point was I actually beefy enough to survive in a fight. Between Duskblade of Draktharr Wukong and a true damge ult from Vel'Koz I ended up dying in pretty much every fight even though in a couple I picked up some double kills before going down.

Need to remember that if my Flash is down I need to think twice about counter jungling. I didn't die this time but it was close it required help from Singed to get out.

I got Singed two kills relatively early on, but it didn't amount to much. He was kind of a non-factor. Like I'm sure he was out there doing things it just wasn't very impactful in drawing their team off to take pressure off the rest of the map.

Taric suicided at one point trying to go after Vel'koz and Wukong. I saw Rammus coming down the river so I backed out. Taric apparently didn't get the memo. And really there never should have been any memo. Tristana backed after I showed up, so I'm not sure what he was thinking.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2017 8:30pm | Report

Had a good team.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2017 10:49am | Report

Got back into Gold 3 on the back of Dr. Mundo. First game after.

I notice that I'm giving up some stupid kills by trying to do too much. Some of it on invades. Some of it on river shenangians were their laners end up moving before mine do.

Need to remember that the plays I pick need to have a chance of success even if my laners completely flub their part.

This game our Darius gave up two quick kills to Fiora. That meant that Top lane was useless. I was in position to stop a countergank on the action, but Darius went for the kill in the middle of a minion wave and he ended up getting outplayed. Tried to pick off Fiora with a cleaver after, but only manged to get her down to like 20 health and didn't want to risk Sejuani getting me. Left a ward in tri. Darius came back to lane and in waltzes Sejuani over the ward. Like really.

Bot lane got an early kill, but then they got stomped. Mid lane was doing okay, but they were trash talking the Darius in chat. Less typing more killing, please.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2017 12:48pm | Report

Yay back in the win column after some abyssal games with AFKs or generally just getting dumpstered across the board. My team got the lead and just kept the pressure up. Made good use of Rift Herald and the Dragons that Mordekaiser got.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2017 7:44am | Report

Knocking out my flex queue placements. I already had one in the bag from much earlier in the season so I am on 5 of 10.

It feels a little more casual that soloqueue. I checked up on my team's and the enemy team's soloqueeu rankings after some of the matches and I seem to be getting put with Level 30-to Platinum 5 players so far, though the average spread in rank per game is tighter than that. It definitely shows up mechanically and around decision making.

E.g. my Silver 3 Vayne Flashing past a Thresh The Box and then pinging for "Why didn't anyone follow-up?" Mebbe because everyone that tried to follow you got slowed?

Not sure if the dodge timers are linked between queues. Haven't had any excessively odd comps yet and will probably just play through my placements whatever comes up regardless.

Azir is still not flipping balanced. No pen items on one and me with Adaptive Helm and he was still chunking me for half my health if I got anywhere near him. Though the slightly shorter range on his soldiers does help some.

Apparently the Gangplank mains and casuals are super excited to try him out again after his recent buff.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2017 8:12am | Report
Quoted:
It feels a little more casual that soloqueue.

I have quit playing Normal games entirely this last Season (apart from sh*ts and giggles with some friends). Whenever I want to test a new champion or something, I just hop into Ranked Flex.

And don't even get me started on that bloody Gangplank buff!! I really hope people stop playing him soon after they see he's essentially the same (although his winrate went up by 4%). As a GP main I don't want to see him in a pick/ban situation.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2017 8:30am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

I have quit playing Normal games entirely this last Season (apart from sh*ts and giggles with some friends). Whenever I want to test a new champion or something, I just hop into Ranked Flex.

I haven't quite stopped, but I feel like my odds of climbing in the limited time left aren't too high, given my penchant for winning three and then losing three, and which way that goes depends highly on my team.

I still use normals for testing out champions as I personally feel that is the place it should be done after some reps in the practice tool. I can see taking it to Flex after that though for a more rankedesque environment.

Re4XN wrote:

And don't even get me started on that bloody Gangplank buff!! I really hope people stop playing him soon after they see he's essentially the same (although his winrate went up by 4%). As a GP main I don't want to see him in a pick/ban situation.

I know your concern! One season Riot broke my two mains Vel'Koz and Shyvana in the same patch or very close patches.

I've been having some decent success with Dr. Mundo and a bunch of streamers just came out with videos saying how good he is at the moment. While on one hand I'm glad the cleaver wielding fiend is getting some good press on the other hand I'm like no!!!!! Do not reveal that he is in a good spot!!!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2017 10:49pm | Report

Have to say that Flex Queue is interesting. We were vs a Diamond 1 player in one of the games. Only managed to have a decent impact in the Dr. Mundo game and the Ezreal game, but twas not enough to carry the day.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide