Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2017 6:19pm | Report

It is hard to win when your two main carries die 15 times each. And Garen didn't seem to know how Pantheon works. Though to be fair a lot of people underestimated his damage.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2017 7:25pm | Report
If I were laning against that Pantheon I'd underestimate him as well, probably even judge him xD His build is terrible.

Also, pretty amazing how Xayah flamed after the game ended, considering she died 15 times...
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2017 11:46pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
If I were laning against that Pantheon I'd underestimate him as well, probably even judge him xD His build is terrible.

Also, pretty amazing how Xayah flamed after the game ended, considering she died 15 times...

Hah. Didn't notice his build. It is godawful. It didn't matter too much because Katarina could kill anyone on our team at will and I found it hard to get stacks of my passive on her because she would just hop around to her daggers.

Oh the Xayah was a joy to have in the game, let me tell you. Apparently Blitzcrank wasn't hitting his Qs at a frequency which Xayah would prefer, so that started the flame. Eventually Blitz ditched her and went over to help Garen make Pantheon's life more difficult and I don't really blame him, since their lane was pretty much lost. Xayah didn't respect the fact that she was 2v1 it a lot of the time so she died several times for the lack.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2017 11:47pm | Report

Some wins and some loses. This is one of the wins. Sion jungle is decent when they don't have a lot of mobility which allows for lane ganks with your ultimate.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2017 11:58pm | Report
So, question. Post fight. Say you take Bot tower and dragon, but you are still relatively healthy and you team wants to go contest Mid tower, but you know that all your ulitmates are down and while somewhat healthy you aren't fully healthy and you haven't bought while the enemy team will be returning with having cashed out the gold they had acquired.

As a jungler and often the tnak I struggle between being there for my team and keeping up my farm.

So after an objective is taken my inclination is to go do a full clear of the camps on the nearest side of the map (which could mean swiping all the enemy camps, if on that side and I think I have time).

And usually someone, say our Top laner who Teleported in for Bot tower and Dragon, will have the same idea; they want to get back to the giant wave they setup to push back to them. So, that potentially leaves my team in a disadvantageous in more than just number of bodies as I mentioned earlier. I will ping that I am leaving. And often even say "buying" or "reset" in chat, but in game after game (Bronze II Flex - Gold 3 Solo, and definitely normals) I watch my team handshake on those disadvantageous situations.

So what if anything else could I be doing about it?
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2017 8:23am | Report

My ult and Q were useful for interrupting Jhin and Katarina's ults, respectively. A bit of clown fiesta were needlessly gave up some some turrets unecessarily, but after that we scaled to a point where we were coming out ahead in team fights and managed a couple of picks here and there. Picked up most if not all of the dragons, the Rift Herald, and Baron, so our objective control was good. Gave the Gangplank props for not going bat **** crazy dealing with the Singed. I tried to help him once and we gave Singed a double kill so opted not to go Top again until I had built some MR. Why you can still stack Dark Seals I do not understand.

Had the Blue buff oddly reset on me on my first clear. It wasn't out of patience so not sure what the heck caused that, but it was irritating.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2017 4:19pm | Report

I had a relatively good start to this game. Killed Heimerdinger early though I ended up dying. Darius got the kill and Red buff, so not all bad. Jhin mentioned that he would need some help with Draven so I went there next and we killed Draven. I ganked Top again and we killed Heimerdinger again. But things started to go to **** in Bot lane after that. They lost their turret and then I guess Jhin decided he didn't like laning with Sona so he went Top lane, which cost us a 2nd tier turret on that side of the map since only Sona was there to defend it.

Anyway, Draven got huge and we couldn't deal with him in combination with Shen since he was two or three levels up on everyone on our team and Shen could prevent him from taking a lot of damage by taunting or using Spirit's Refuge to protect him from autoattacks.

Well played on their part, but irritating. We had CC, but he could one shot most of the champions with CC. Needed to be a lot more coordinated about it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2017 3:55pm | Report

Took a while, but I am pleased to finally earn the end of season ranked reward for earning Gold.

I tried making a solo push for Silver in flexqueue, but mah team. Sort of a story of personally plays respectably but it isn't enough to actually carry the games given how far most of my teams ended up behind or how hard they threw the game (several of the games were like watching train wrecks that no amount of attempts at coordination via chat were able to fix).

Next season I am going to look to earn my way into Platinum.

To do that I need to (among other things)

-Farm better
-Work on understanding where and when my team needs vision and how to get that down
-Make better decisions about target selection and/or role in team fights
--Engage
--Kill back line
--Peel for my carries

Not ranked but in a game last night as Nasus I had a choice of trying to kill Renekton with Ninja Tabi or kill Ezreal with no armor and I consciously made the decision to kill the squishy Ezreal before working on Renekton. That is the kind of thing I'm talking about.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2017 5:40pm | Report
Congrats! Shame that the base skin is kind of garbage... such an awesome splash art quality that does not translate to in-game quality. The only way I see myself playing with Victorious Graves is if I'm using one of the chromas. Do you play Graves BTW?

Also, one of the best ways to avoid the "muh teem" problem is to duo queue with someone you know plays as good as you. You won't be getting carried, you'll make progress, except now you are 100% sure, 2 out of 5 players on your team aren't bonobos. Good luck with placements S8!!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2017 10:40pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
Congrats! Shame that the base skin is kind of garbage... such an awesome splash art quality that does not translate to in-game quality. The only way I see myself playing with Victorious Graves is if I'm using one of the chromas. Do you play Graves BTW?

Also, one of the best ways to avoid the "muh teem" problem is to duo queue with someone you know plays as good as you. You won't be getting carried, you'll make progress, except now you are 100% sure, 2 out of 5 players on your team aren't bonobos. Good luck with placements S8!!

Thank you and congrats on making Gold yourself! :)

Yeah, I like what one reditor did with the skin as far as making it bling a little more. The Riot skin artist/team took some of the ideas from that an implemented them, but it still didn't quite measure up.

I play Graves some, but I never got really good at his animation cancels before they removed the one from his ultimate + dash combo. My kiting is also still not perfect, so I feel a bit lackluster on him compared to what I saw some people do with him when he was really strong.

I've tried duoing with people in ranked. Some are still toiling below where I got and some have actually gone ahead in rank, but trying to find someone to play with consistently that meets my standards for in-game behavior, tiltability, and simple availability around the same time I'm available, and has the ability to do voicecomms in a language I understand has been tricky.

I'm sure there are other good ranked players in my time zone, but the only one I've run into who was a support main doesn't play consistently or maybe at all since they finished grad school.

I would definitely like to find someone like that though, especially one willing to talk about aspects of the game that they know better than I do. (knowledge level even within people close in rank seems to be pretty wide from what I've observed).

Right now I only play with one person consistently and I'm training them, however so far they haven't been interested in ranked and really they aren't ready for it. But I might hit them up to do some flexqueue in the upcoming season.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide