Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2017 10:52pm | Report

This one turned kind of epic. Nasus was crushing Master Yi in Top lane with some help from Lee Sin. He was staking like a boss and between him and Ekko splitpushing they managed to get our Top turret and inhibitor. But that was the last structure they got in our base. After that we managed to win every team fight even if only by the slimmest of margins. Caitlyn commented that she was huge and if she could just get some peel we were gucchi. I said they shall not touch you ma'am. And barring an occasional hiccup (weird interaction with my ult and a wall in tight spot) I kept the fiends off of her so she could lay out damage unmolested. Apparently Ekko's ult cooldown at 40 or 45% CDR is disgustingly low as he managed to ult more than once in some of the more protracted fights. Or he would use it to get away in one lane only to show up to the a team fight in another lane with it up again. But late game Master Yi in conjunction with a pretty fed Ahri and Caitlyn proved to be too much for them. They got Elder Dragon and ran over to Baron and we wiped them at Baron. Still it wasn't until we got our inhibitor back up that we were able make some progress. We managed to crush them in another team fight, took Elder Dragon, then ran over to Baron except I didn't have Smite up. But we luckily managed to secure it and ran all but two of them down after and then ran up Mid to break their Nexus for the win. Whew!!!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2017 8:06pm | Report

Our Twisted Fate was a beast. He crushed Yasuo solo and then ported around the map snowballing the other lanes. He would get to places before I could get over there and already have everyone dead. Got a little work done in the late game, but really just got on my teams back made sure they walked away with the win. Need to try a Raptor clear with Gragas to see if I can level up just a wee bit faster. Not sure if I am just getting more used to the modified ult or if it is just that I am not trying to throw it at max range as often, but it seems like it is a easier to hit with it than the last time I played Gragas after they changed it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2017 9:08pm | Report

This was kind of a weird for me in the early game. Pretty sure I didn't have enough damage to kill Shen between myself and Nautilus unless Naughty managed to get him low before I got there. Jayce was getting ****ped on by Taliyah. I watched him shoot a shock blast backwards while trying to farm under turret, so I was not sold that he would be of much help in a gank. Bot lane was shoved in but they had their lane warded so they were able to back off when I tried to swing by for a gank. In retrospect I should have come in from behind after going over one of the pit walls. Jayce did managed to help Nautilus out with some roam plays. And Bot lane after having some troubles early started to pick up some kills so things started to turn around for us. Late game, Twitch was able to massacre them with some stuns from me to keep Hecarim and Shen off of him and Soraka to keep him healed up. Not sure we would have won that one without Soraka which is funny as that person asked to for Top or Jg since were autofilled and claimed not to be a very capable support.

And of course after I comment on the ease of hitting Explosive Cask I have a game where I bungle several of them. Just because you throw it behind someone does not mean that they will be knocked toward you. If someone could tell him how to master that damn thing I would be grateful.
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2017 8:39am | Report
Go into the practice tool and simply practice the barrel toss. It won't be much help for moving targets but you'll be able to tell how it affects things at different distances.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2017 8:12pm | Report

No lanes winning and I got invaded on my Red side and their laners responded before my laners did, which was pretty much the story of the game - Sluggish responses from my team and no one willing to commit to a fight. GG.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2017 9:12pm | Report

Got Baron. They got Elder. Fiddlesticks went into our jungle for some reason and got caught out Lucian went to help him. They both died. (this is of course after I told everyone to chill and let Elder wear off because Baron lasted longer). Ahri died to Renekton. I finished off Renekton, but couldn't stop them from taking our base. So this one turned on basically some last minute fail by us after we made a good comeback from pretty far behind. Sad panda.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2017 9:58pm | Report

My turn for a stomp. Did a raptor > ward red > wolves > krugs > blue clear (doing raptors is a little slow but you don't lose as much health as you might expect I suppose due to the Tooth effect on Hunter's Talisman). Dropped a ward for Sion and then killed scuttle crab. By that time he had Quinn low enough for a almost at her turret dive. I Flash Body Slammed her from behind the terrain near her tower. Sion finished her off. Syndra and I teamed up to kill Udyr and Ziggs a couple of times each. Sion had control of Top and top side jungle. AD Sion for the win? Thresh and Lucian started getting wards into the Bot side of their jungle so we had a good idea where there were all at most of the time. Which let us set up some death bushes to further our lead. If we needed to break their siege defense, Sion would just come barreling in from downtown forcing them of their turrets. Fun game though I wouldn't have wanted to have been on the other side having just been there myself not that long ago.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2017 10:07pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:
Go into the practice tool and simply practice the barrel toss. It won't be much help for moving targets but you'll be able to tell how it affects things at different distances.

I did spend some time in the practice tool playing around with the ultimate. It is pretty straightforward with stationary targets. The practice did seem to help when I went and played against moving targets, but there are definitely weird interactions at times.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2017 9:15pm | Report

3000k True Damge Garen Ult. Uhm, why did I bother building tanky again? We had some well farmed laners but they weren't dominating. I helped Yasuo kill Fizz a couple of times, but it wasn't enough to snow ball him. Late game we did somewhat better, but cancer stick Soraka made it hard to kill anyone despite three Mortal Reminder on our team. After Fizz I helped Bot lane a couple of times. I guess I should have gotten to Top lane earlier? But Bot lane was kind of struggling without help. Really screwed up a gank that might have helped with Bot where I threw might ult before Flashing which is not what I wanted to do at all. Should have been Body Slam + Flash + Explosive Cask.

Really did not feel tanky at all some fights.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2017 10:02pm | Report

Second pick so I didn't know who I would be against. Not really sure what a decent generic Top pick is, but since I have been playing the croc some I went with it. Shen is kind of and irritating match-up. I think you need to bait out his circle thing and I wasn't doing that. Not sure if it is even possible really since he can just taunt you into the circle if you just autoattack him. Lee Sin helped me kill him a couple of times, but Bot lane got destroyed and Lee got melted a few times by Kog'Maw to make him even bigger.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide