Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100 Ranked Journey (EUW Server)

Creator: Wayne3100 July 23, 2012 2:45am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 2:25pm | Report
no.. Galio doesn't rape cassio.. same goes the otherway round BUT cassio is more useful for teams in general and can keep galio at bay she is one of those mid champs that's good against him

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 2:29pm | Report
@ Mowen:

I won't pick him against Cassiopeia, as I mentioned earlier Ziggs can deal with her.
I don't want to go into ranked, have an enemy pick LeBlanc or Kassadin and then end up with not having anything to pick against that, however. That's why I need Galio (not saying those are the only matchups I'd ever pick him for though, I think he's pretty strong in general).
I have a runepage with magic pen marks, flat mana regen seals (after the first few levels I build Chalice of Harmony) and flat mres glyphs and quints for him.

If you have a different pick to suggest against Kass or LB, let me know, but I don't think Ahri, Ziggs, Morgana or Zyra would do well.

@ others:

I disagree with Galio "raping the **** out off" Cassiopeia. Yes, his Bulwark works great against her, but if she plays aggressively early, she can most definitely abuse the fact that he's a melee champ and get ahead in cs. A Galio lane has low kill potential. If she outfarms him early then keeps it up, she has won the lane. I think he does well against her, but can lose (on cs) quite easily.

Edit: testing Skarners jungle, might add him to my roster soonTM
Edit2: added

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2012 6:46am | Report

Game 20

Solo Queue

LoLReplay giving me errors again for no reason :c

Anyway, after not playing ranked for a while because I wasn't happy about my performances, I decided to pick it up again and asked to go AD. Our last two picks wanted to premade bot though so I decided against it and went Zyra mid instead, facing Swain.

Swain played quite aggressive early trying to snare me and then apply DoTs, but most of the trades ended up even or in my favour, especially since he took way more minion damage than me in the process.

Bottom lane picked up first blood as Alistar went for an early gank after getting blue. Unfortunately Janna got the kill. In top lane Nidalee and Lee Sin were having an even lane until they finally fought each other and Nidalee won and got away with low hp, at which point Lee started QQing on all chat. After Nidalee picked up another kill during an Alistar gank (~3 minutes later) and again got away with low health, Lee Sin concluded our Nidalee should go enter the lottery because she would win it for sure.

In mid lane, meanwhile, I got Swain low enough for Alistar to come in and pick up a kill, after which he decided to invade their jungle and chase Malphite despite me telling him I was oom. Eventually (once the enemy bot lane came and Swain was back), I had just enough mana to save Alistar with Grasping Roots but our bot lane followed and - for some reason - decided to fight 2v4 and Janna got killed, giving Swain a free kill.

After that the lane was pretty passive again, until we both got blue buff and Alistar decided to gank and we killed Swain together. After he had lost blue, I made the mistake of underestimating him though and when he came back with full mana and fought me, he actually came out on top and got blue back :c

After that I decided not to engage on him until I poked him down more and the lane went well.

Around the 15 minute mark the game shifted from a laning phase to a game in which we had all sorts of skirmishes in the jungle and the game was finally decided when I picked up 2 kills near Baron (on Taric and Lee Sin) with the help of Nidalee and got away with low health (which made Lee Sin quite mad again, lol), and Sivir started snowballing at the same time.

We picked up dragon after winning a couple of these fights and were looking to go into more teamfights as we were way ahead, but the enemy team surrendered at 20.

ELO: 1458

Alistar ganks so gud :3

Didn't farm enough in the late game phase as we were constantly fighting, my cs is way too low >.<

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 2:29am | Report

Game 21

Solo Queue

This game the enemy team managed to get Shen but I decided to stick around because I was happy with the composition of my team.

First blood was picked up on Leona as she entered our jungle to try and protect blue, finding that there were 4/5 enemies there and they picked up 1 kill + 3 assists. This allowed Graves to get 2 extra health potions as which point it was clear to me we weren't gonna get him out of lane anytime soon.

Bot lane started even with me pulling ahead in cs, though Leona's aggressive playstyle didn't really work for us as Graves' full burst combo still outdamages Ezreal's combo and Sona was dealing some nasty damage too.

Our jungle Skarner was getting some work done top as Irelia killed Shen during a gank and Skarner himself then picked up a kill mid on Lux.

Neither lane really pushed their advantage though as Fizz was continuously forced back by the pushing Lux and fell behind on cs whereas Irelia was being outfarmed for no good reason.

Meanwhile in bot lane our peaceful farmfest was being interrupted by gank attempts from Lee Sin, Fizz and Skarner, which worked out largely in their favour because of Shen's ultimate saving whoever was low while we died.

Leona still decided to go aggressive after we died once and we eventually had a very close fight in which Graves got a double kill, at which point the lane was definitely in their favour despite me still outfarming him at that point.

Our team tried to help us out as Fizz had picked up some kills and was getting quite strong, but everytime someone came to gank Lee Sin, Lux or Shen would always be around and they were just always grouped up way better than us. This in combination with some stupid decision making by Fizz especially (who felt the need to go for a kill in the most absurd ways) made them the stronger team and they eventually snowballed to a point where it became impossible for us to win a fight.

Meanwhile I was trying to keep my farm up the entire game as Graves was slowly catching up, but scumbag Irelia and Skarner would farm huge waves of minions in front of my nose because they probably thought I wasn't worth it given the fact I was 0/2. Since I wasn't getting any kills (or even assists) and had a hard time farming, I just sat there with my 25 minute Triforce and wasn't dealing enough damage for our team.
I'm pretty sure I should've gone for other items looking back at it, but when I started building it we were still doing reasonably well and there was no reason to assume things would go downhill like that :c

ELO: 1443

0-3 in ranked with Ezreal despite having lots of success with him in normals every time I play him... >.>

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 3:56am | Report

Game 22

Solo Queue

In this game I was lastpick and I decided to play support Alistar because the enemy bot lane had picked up Blitzcrank and I feel he works well against him.

Meanwhile both top and mid got picked early for us ( Anivia/ Darius) which lead to them counterpicking with Kassadin/ Kayle and our Darius jungling instead, while top picked Nasus (which surprised me a bit, but ok).

The game started off badly as Graves didn't connect until I was level 3 in bot lane and we were immediately behind in terms of level and cs. Blitzcrank had also disturbed Darius tremendously while he was trying to get blue by pulling him, pulling the blue, using Exhaust, pretty much everything he had (really annoying lol).

Mid lane went well with Anivia killing Kassadin multiple times (and often getting him low too), while top fed Kayle first blood after about a minute and had trouble from then on. Our jungle Darius was unfortunately not able to gank a lot whereas Maokai helped out top a lot, snowballing Kayle's advantage in that lane.

In bot lane, Blitzcrank was doing a good job at being aggressive and trying to zone us, though I could protect Graves from him quite well.
When Darius was near dragon and Blitzcrank walked towards the river to ward, I followed him only to find Darius had turned around and I was getting bursted by Ezreal + Blitzcrank, pretty much giving them a free kill. Then Darius walked bot and said "I'M HERE, GO GO GO!" which just made me facepalm even harder.

Although we still weren't in real trouble bot lane, we soon would be as Kassadin and Maokai made a habit of ganking us and Ezreal picked up some kills in jungle fights too, getting him heavily fed and giving their team a clear advantage.

The teamfights were close until the end because our composition was just a lot stronger late game, but several teammates ( Darius and Graves in particular) started flaming or whining about the fact it was lost. We had a couple of good fights and a Baron pickup to raise our morale, but two of us (myself included) got killed immediately after we got it so it wasn't a complete turnaround.

After that first Baron, a lot of fights were being initiated by someone getting pulled by Blitzcrank, which usually resulted in a lost fight for us. Though most fights were still pretty close, Ezreal's snowball really got out of hand and my teammates had trouble reaching him. Once he got Guardian Angel it became especially hard to kill him.

As they went for the second Baron near the end of the game, we went for a desperate steal with Darius Flashing in to Smite it and he managed to steal it, but because 2 or 3 of us died and they had already got 1 or 2 inhibitors they pushed for the win.

ELO: 1428

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 3:58am | Report
i like it better when you win games :c
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:53am | Report

Game 23

Solo Queue

This game I wanted to firstpick Zyra but instead someone asked me to pick Morgana, which I did. I then swapped for Tristana bot (the guy was a smurf who didn't have much choice in terms of picks) and laned with a Nidalee because of last second derpings in champ select (two players swapping to a top laner at the last second because they had Janna/ Caitlyn picked but we already had Trist).

The lane vs Ezreal / Soraka started off really aggressively for us and we were causing them trouble, but I missed a lot of cs for no good reason (I really shouldn't play champs I haven't played in a while, zzzz) so we didn't get a big advantage from it.
Then Amumu reconnected (because apparently he hadn't even been there the first couple of minutes) and jungled a bit and decided to dive us bot at level 3. Even though I got a kill on him, Ezreal got a double kill in what was the easiest dive I've ever seen that early in a game.

Top lane gave first blood to Rengar and was also getting outfarmed, while mid was doing a good job against Zyra early on, picking up some kills.

We asked our teammates to help us out bot and got a couple of good ganks in which we killed Soraka and one where I even got a double kill after Ezreal killed our Nidalee, which got me fed despite my lack of cs.
Both mid laners meanwhile were just trading kills with each other.

The game was decided by the teamfighting and of course it was their team who was grouped up and our team who got caught. The Amumu + Zyra ultimate really destroyed as she snowballed out of control and Ezreal was snowballing too and hard for us to reach.

Although our late game should've been incredibly strong, they were simply too strong as they won fights easily, we barely ever had a 5v5 fight to begin with and they eventually picked up Baron and pushed mid for the win.

ELO: 1411

Worst game out of all 3 for me despite getting fed, I lost so much cs that I shouldn't have (part of it was also simply getting pushed back after Ez got the double kill because they were significantly stronger at that point, but still).

Demotivated, not playing for now.

Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 5:22am | Report
Dat losing spree.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 5:45am | Report
Sorry for your losing spree, hope things get better soon :C
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 6:13am | Report
soloQ strikes again