Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

wRAth's Journey to Diamond (or at least plat)...

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK November 12, 2012 12:41pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 4:54pm | Report
Khazem,

I stopped playing after a few losses last night. I got a few losses today, but I was fine, and won two straight after. Then I got two bad games just now and I stopped...I'm not playing on tilt.

I am looking at how I can play better, but to be honest, I can guarantee you nor anyone else would have been able to win most if not all of these games that I just played. I even say to myself that I deserve to lose when I make bad plays and whatnot. But these last few games today and yesterday, I did well in all of them and didn't deserve to lose.

It seriously is a ton of luck -- who's to say I will get the bad WW or get a great team and force them to surrender? I don't play any pro-er one game from the next. It's all luck.

I was able to get to 1700 pretty easily. But this is just impossible, and it really is just bad luck. It happens to everyone but it seems to happen more to me.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 4:56pm | Report
As long as you look at the games that way, you'll have a lot of trouble getting out
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 4:57pm | Report
Are you joking right now?

I did what I could. I literally spam back pinged WW after I got that kill, and he continued to go in and die to my mid, multiple times. I continually back pinged nunu to go back when shyvana ganked; I got out unscathed and he died, around 4 times, and didn't even ward until I told him to. Like, what more can I do besides play well and literally feed information on what exactly to do to my team?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 5:18pm | Report
Your entire mindset is just wrong. It's so obvious when reading your posts in this thread. Every single post it's the same thing: 'my team this, my team that, our warwick this, etc'. You should stop looking at/worrying about your teams mistakes and just focus on playing to the best of your ability. If you keep getting worked up because someone on your team ****s up or makes a mistake, you're automatically gonna get annoyed and that will snowball in you losing focus and making mistakes yourself.
I speak from experience because I was exactly like that when I started playing ranked. I felt like I was always doing better than my team and yet I lost so many games. At one point I just decided to literally mute EVERYONE as soon as I entered the game and just play my own game. That was the point where I finally got out of the 1400s and started working my way up to 1900. If you truly are better than the people you're playing with, you can't trust them to do things anyway, if you don't want them to gank your lane, just tell them so. And yeah, there will be games where that warwick ignores your call and ganks anyways and gets himself killed, but more often than not, they will just leave you alone when you ask them to.

What I'm trying to say is, stop worrying about your team so much, worry about your own performance. Instead of analyzing everything your team did wrong, look at the points where you could have done better.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 5:23pm | Report
You could start writing about what you could improve on than what Warwick or Nunu could improve on. Instead of, "Nunu is a bad support, didn't buy wards", you could say, "As Nunu wasn't buying wards, I took the initiative to my own shoulders and bought a ward for Baron", or, "As Nunu didn't buy wards, I took a special awareness of enemy MIAs and as a result, ensured the other lanes knew when an enemy was coming their way".

Or instead of "Warwick tried to gank and died", you could say, "Because I remained within two steps of the enemy mid, Warwick assumed that I wanted to continue with the gank. Next time I will be more clear about how I ask for ganks and how to unask for them".

Basically, try to talk about your own failures instead of the players on your team. If you can't think of anything you did wrong, try harder. We all do something wrong in our games.

Edit: lol, Khazem beat me to the post ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 5:59pm | Report
GAWD! I want to WEEN!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 1:17am | Report
Wait you had the exact same team that was feeding the game before, they pretty much picked the same champs and you didn't dodge? :P

Also, what Khazem said.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 2:51am | Report

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 3:09am | Report
I agree with Khazem.

If you really want to improve don't look at what mistakes your teammates make. Look at what you do and what you could've done.

Everyone gets bad teammates. Everyone gets trolls and feeders.
Looking at what they do won't help.
People get stuck at a certain elo either because they aren't good enough or they're simply playing at that elo's level. If one wants to get out of that elo the simplest way is just to play at a higher elo's level.

That's how people get elo. You play better, you make plays, you stay composed throughout the game.
There will be games you cannot win. However it's not like that when "top goes 0/3" or "mid 0/2". Games you cannot win are games where everyone cannot do anything and the enemy is not making any mistakes. Comebacks are not rare. Going 0/3 early game doesn't mean you lost the game. Putting yourself into a bad mood loses you the game.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 1:06pm | Report
Like I said, I know I'm not the best and I know I can improve. But I'm not gonna start blaming myself for others' mistakes.

Like, right now. I'm in the middle of a Kat game that's about to end.

Champ select, everyone seemed really cool.

Basically, I had high hopes for the game. 3 minutes in, Amumu gets fb'ed by my mid and gives her blue buff at his red.

What happened: He started doing his red, I noticed Elise coming up, so I followed her and rapidly b pinged. He didn't b, she was able to jump on him with E and take fb. I get camped mid, lee coming from our jungle, despite my wards. Top loses hard to AD fizz with teleport, amu doesn't gank, bot is constantly warded and I'm super behind so I can't roam.

Every lane loses, Ez starts coming mid and taking my farm, everyone *****es at each other when I'm telling them to chill coz we can still win late.

As I type this 1-7 Panth extends top and gets caught again, while Amu *****es at him in all chat.

How is this my fault? How can I prevent this from happening?

This is basically what happened every game the last few days.

I know there is skill to this game -- if there isn't, I wouldn't have gotten up to 1700 this quickly.

But this is just ridiculous. This game is still so heavy on luck. Luck that I won't get the constant DCs, luck that I won't get situations like I have been. I've had games where I've had amazing teams. Look at Tosh's ranked thread right now. His first 4 games, everyone did amazing. My first 4 games? Had 2 people go 0-10 in each.

What am I doing wrong? How on earth is this MY fault?

Like I have tons of diamond players even QQing to me about the mass of ******s this season. THEY can't carry this ****. How can I?

It helps to duo, but I have no one to duo with. And I know these loss streaks get better; my first day, went 1-7, second day 6-1. Loss streaks happen. But this is now 3 days in a row and it's just getting worse.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide