Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 332 of 431
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2015 8:10pm | Report
Insomaniac wrote:
Whats the reason behind the rise of Top Malphite

Tanks are just really strong now. That's it really. There's a multitude of factors, like the Resolve tree heavily complementing tanks that build full on armour, Last Whisper nerfs, etc. Plus, ADCs are really good now, and Malphite is naturally an anti-ADC champion.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2015 9:10pm | Report

Tanks are just really strong now. That's it really. There's a multitude of factors, like the Resolve tree heavily complementing tanks that build full on armour, Last Whisper nerfs, etc. Plus, ADCs are really good now, and Malphite is naturally an anti-ADC champion.

Don't forget the parallel rise of auto attackers like Xin Zhao due to Guinsoo's Rageblade.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2015 10:06pm | Report
Insomaniac wrote:
Whats the reason behind the rise of Top Malphite

But I think that it's an anti-ADC champion
Sig made by me!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2015 11:01pm | Report
Updated. Really wasn't that much work since I had the list pretty accurate last couple patches xD

TIME FOR QUESTIONS I MISSED:

Akali with 1 defensive item is not a tank. Getting a defensive item relatively early is fine on akali since she has enough base damage to stay relevant. Is the best defensive item sunfire cape? I doubt it but its workable in top lane matchups where you can trade with it often. Akali in general is pretty meh though. If you aren't using akalis Q and maxing E first instead you are a ****ing moron though, have fun being out of energy permanently. Auto attack builds are ****ing garbage on akali since you have no cc to stick to anyone. (Shroud does not ****ing count)

Haven't seen enough poppy. She seems pretty good though.

chogath bruiser is ****. volibear support is ****. warwick is ****. ap nasus mid is ****. not even gonna bother talking to you about taric, your opinion is unswayable on it, just get out of my thread if u want to talk about him.

frost queens is good on a lot of mids yes.

dont like the eye items but they are very controversial. not sure which is better, i personally prefer face/talisman

tanks r op

thunderlords is good but a bit overrated

strength of the ages is sleeper op on a lot of junglers
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2015 11:29pm | Report
strength of the ages is sleeper op on a lot of junglers

Thank-you for saying that. I was actually logging on specifically to say that I use Strength of the Ages on my jungle Volibear, and I worried it was going to turn into one of those "MungoGeri is a noob" discussions. I have two reasons why I like it on jungle Volibear.

First, Strength of the Ages synergizes well with several abilities and items. It increases the damage on Volibear's Frenzy bite and the health gained from his passive, The Relentless Storm. Plus, Enchantment: Cinderhulk and Sterak's Gage get stronger with it. Finally, it mildly boosts the damage that Gromp's Gift of the Toadstool gives by 17 damage per 3 seconds at full stacks.

Second, it's really strong on junglers simply because of how strong it is in the early game. Stacks come quickly and are obtained from camps from the very start, giving you additional passive tankiness before you have a chance to buy items that provide combat stats. That additional comparative strength is really helpful in ganks and early fights.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2015 11:46pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

Thank-you for saying that. I was actually logging on specifically to say that I use Strength of the Ages on my jungle Volibear, and I worried it was going to turn into one of those "MungoGeri is a noob" discussions.

Havent seen one of those. Trust me, you are no where near nicknamemy levels of hilarity. I just notice that you tend to be sarcastic in a medium that is very hard to tell when people are being sarcastic. Employ more emoji to correct it. ;p
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2015 12:36am | Report

Akali with 1 defensive item is not a tank. Getting a defensive item relatively early is fine on akali since she has enough base damage to stay relevant. Is the best defensive item sunfire cape? I doubt it but its workable in top lane matchups where you can trade with it often. Akali in general is pretty meh though. If you aren't using akalis Q and maxing E first instead you are a ****ing moron though, have fun being out of energy permanently. Auto attack builds are ****ing garbage on akali since you have no cc to stick to anyone. (Shroud does not ****ing count)

THE H4X HAS SPOKEN NOW GTFO OF HERE Akali

*uses Keeper's Verdict*
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig! (Tekken!)
Insomaniac
<Member>
Insomaniac's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2015 1:11am | Report
There are 2 j4 in the jungle ..

Why do you think Lee Sin is better than Elise ?
For me, Elise clears camps faster , ganks harder (stun) , and does more damage (percent health) ..
Plus im bad at conserving energy so mana champs makes it more forgiving ..
Care to shed some light ?
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2015 1:19am | Report
What makes pros play Bard so much in soloq?

Is Zac a thing?

What doesn't make Brand t1? Seems stupidly strong to me.

I know J4 and Panth are cheese supports, but what about Tryn and Jayce?

I'm surprised to see Rumble fall so low, any reason? Same with Gnar.

Can anyone explain this to me? Devourer Rengar

Also, has anyone ever played full ap Naut mid? I've played it a few times, a dia 5 friend of mine has as well, and it's just so fun to play. The delete potential is insane, plus he hard counters quite a few melee champs mid.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2015 1:21am | Report
Insomaniac wrote:
There are 2 j4 in the jungle ..

Why do you think Lee Sin is better than Elise ?
For me, Elise clears camps faster , ganks harder (stun) , and does more damage (percent health) ..
Plus im bad at conserving energy so mana champs makes it more forgiving ..
Care to shed some light ?

They're both listed as tier 1. I wouldn't try to parse the differences between champions in the same tier since at that point, game and player context means so much more than the champs themselves.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide