Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Countering Yi as Ryze?

Creator: RatchetCreed August 7, 2012 9:26pm
1 2
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 10:14pm | Report
Most likely Rod of Ages. That's how most AP mids are built (I personally have no experience with Ryze, sorry) It'll probably be an order like:

catalyst the protector > Rod of Ages
Hextech Revolver
Core items here
Will of the Ancients

You'll probably hold onto the revolver for a while, before making it into a WoA. If someone who has some experience playing Ryze would like to clarify this?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 10:17pm | Report
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 12:13am | Report
Since ryze is dps I think that after catalyst and tear the revolver should fit in nicely if you find yourself needing more sustainability than your ultimate can provide. Then finish roa. After this, if I am not taking way too much damage I build another catalyst. If I need the def I go negatron and glacial.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 12:22am | Report
Its situational, not core. Agaisnt most adversaries he doesnt need it
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 3:00am | Report
God, I lost top against an AD Yi as Ryze yesterday because I got ganked every 5 seconds. 4 minutes in I received a 3 man gank, and I got ganked by their mid Diana like 4 times after that in the space of 8 minutes too. After the third gank I had enough gold to buy wards so I did, I placed them in the river, and not even 10 seconds after I'd done that their Diana appeared on my ward heading to the tri-brush ( I was blue team ). I ran back to my tower and waited for her to leave. I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. She still wouldn't appear on my ward or re-appear on her lane, so I decided to check the tri-brush in case she'd just recalled. Turns out she was actually just a very patient person, and she burst me to death in like 2 seconds. T_T Then my team raged at me because apparently a 0/5 Ryze losing in a straight 1v1 to a 4/0 Yi is noob.
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 4:19am | Report
I didn't see anyone mention it, so i thought i would:
If you are against AP Yi, a huge problem is that you don't have any CC to stop his Meditate, so he can just Q, then W through all your damage, then Q again or walk away.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide