Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

How the *BEEP* do I counter Ezreal? Q_Q

Creator: Kirluu August 13, 2012 3:04pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 1:50pm | Report
I feel kinda stupid for never thinking to max W first. I've been maxing it second and wondering why some of the ezreals I play against seem to do so much more damage with it.

HURR DURR

Guess I'll try it next time I play AD.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 1:58pm | Report
Ya it's not a very obvious thing at first at all I used to max Q first for the best part of a year :3
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 2:24pm | Report
Sometimes, Q is superior to W due to range and CD.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:01pm | Report
I tried maxing W first then Q, it was alright, I can see it working in lane against AD carries who rely on AS like Vayne. However it might be easier, but it definitely doesn't do more damage...as long as you can hit Mystic Shot reliably it's still better to max that first imo.

The only thing I liked about not maxing Mystic Shot first was that you can control your mana a LOT easier and still do a fair amount of damage.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:06pm | Report
You can never hit mystic shot as reliably because it can be blocked by minions. :P
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:09pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You can never hit mystic shot as reliably because it can be blocked. :P

I think the only thing Q really has over W early in the game is mana cost and range.

ehhh, I hit 90% of my mystic shots, so idk.

yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:11pm | Report
Depends on the skill of the person you're against. I've been thinking about it a lot and decided if you're winning or losing max Q because if you're losing you need to to cs from a distance and if you're winning you tend to stand past your creeps to zone them and W doesn't have the range to do that, however if you're even in lane you tend to stand a lot closer so W would be more effective in that case.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:18pm | Report
I kind've like maxing Q if you're laning with a Janna or something, since her shield buffs it. It usually is easier to hit, but it still costs more mana than Q. Like others have said I always max it first when vs. an attackspeed reliant champion like Vayne and Kog'maw. Then I sometimes max Q depending on the matchup / my support. I think they are both viable.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:24pm | Report
Just a tiny note from the thread starter here (:D):

In the scenario that I described in the firstpost, I did not choose Ashe/Janna to face the Ezreal/Soraka. It was them who counterpicked me, which also seems understandable based on what has been said in this thread so far, since the topic was turned around somewhat early xD

Other than that, I just wanted to thank you all for enlightening me :) Now I know what to go for specifically when facing a lane such as the one I faced yesterday. So yeah. Thanks a bunch :) Even if a lot of the thread is a two-sided argument, but yeah, it's fine ;3

Thanks again, Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 3:24pm | Report
I love how this has become an Ezreal discussion :3.

And why bother maxing Q just because of Janna? It only scales 1-1 with total AD, as in you get the same benefit from the shield by having 1 point in it as you do with 5.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide