Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

New Items: Essence Reaver and Ardent Censer

Creator: OTGBionicArm June 18, 2014 6:53am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 6:53am | Report
Hey Mobafire. OTG here and new patch just went up so I thought I'd make a thread to talk about the new items.

Essence Reaver
2650 gold
Vampiric Scepter+ Pickaxe
+50 AD
+10% Lifesteal
+10% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: You gain 2-8% of damage dealt by basic attacks as Mana. This effect increases based on how much mana you are missing.

Ardent Censer
2200 gold
Forbidden Idol+ Aether Wisp
+30 AP
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
+10% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: +8% Movement Speed
Unique Passive: Your heals and shields on another unit grant 25% attack speed for 6 seconds.

So what do you think of these items guys? What champions will you be building them on?

Personally I think Essence Reaver is very niche, but will be testing it on Graves and Ezreal. Jayce is another possibility, but I doubt it will make much use on assassins like Talon.

As for Ardent Censer, it seems great as a rush item if your ADC is ahead or scales heavily on AS like Vayne, but it may run into the Zeke's herald issue of not holding up late game. Will be testing it on Nami. Sidenote; anyone know if the passive is effected by item created shields like Locket of the Iron Solari or face of the mountain?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:06am | Report
I use essence reaver on Gangplank for permaheals and on Poppy for less recall action :P

EDIT: Just tried it on AD Sion top as well. I can actually use my spells during the lane now, its great :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:11am | Report
Sounds like essence reaver will be pretty strong on Jayce. All the stats are very useful on him and you can now just buy this instead of having to wait for your tear to stack up.

Also, new nidalee possibly?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:15am | Report
Essence Reaver on new Nidalee? She's still AP afaik.

In a short test I just did though I determined two things; Ezreal's Q has pretty much no cost with this item, spam for days. Also, Pickaxe+ Vampiric Scepter seems like a strong first pack purchase for any champion that would buy the item.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:21am | Report
Essence Reaver looks like it's probably a noob trap on ADC to me.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:25am | Report
I was thinking the same thing to be honest, Luther. Perhaps if they upped the CDR to 15% or something. They are clearly trying to cater to caster type carries, so why not give them a bit more of what they are probably buying the item for.

Oh and while we're on the topic; Bloodthirster rework. What do you guys think of that?
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:29am | Report
Essense ISN'T for any ADC because of only 50 AD. But with Poppy or Panth... Why not? xD
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:31am | Report

Oh and while we're on the topic; Bloodthirster rework. What do you guys think of that?

I think it looks kinda ****py and no one's going to rush it anymore. :/
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:34am | Report

Essence Reaver on new Nidalee? She's still AP afaik.

I disagree, but then I'm not sure if she's ever going to need any mana as a bruiser so it's probably not a great choice either way. It's something I want to try at least though.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 7:34am | Report
Firehusary wrote:

Essense ISN'T for any ADC because of only 50 AD. But with Poppy or Panth... Why not? xD

I'd disagree with this statement. The item is designed for AD casters with good early games to abuse but have trouble managing mana, but also are required to auto attack, a lot. Graves instantly comes to mind when you look at the item.

If anything it's terrible on the champions you suggested because Pantheon seldom has to auto attack outside of farming, and Poppy would probably like more utility out of her items. Someone feel free to correct me on that, because I hate her and don't really know anything about her itemization.

But anyway yea, point being, this item seems like, a heavy early game investment on certain champions. By buying it you're saying "I'm gonna spam the **** out of all my abilities early-mid game until this item stops being useful." Since most "AD Caster" carries are early-mid game oriented anyway, it likely evens out if you can capitalize on your powerspike with the item.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide