Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

New Veigar About to Change the Game

Creator: TheRealCefor February 13, 2015 11:12am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:34pm | Report
Lol grandmaster! Looks like you brought a new friend to the party!

I have no idea who they are; I presume just another fan of my work.

But anyways, you are being very rude and I'm surprised no one has knocked you down a peg or two.

I am renowned, respected, and not actually all that rude; I'm just telling you the facts and am giving you the explanations on why things currently stand the way they do.

But is thread is about Veigar, not about the fact you never seem to play against one that knows his stuff. They did nerf the scaling on his ult if you didn't know. Apparently he's been "reliably" bursting ppl early game.

I have been playing this game for a very long time, and there was a time Veigar saw frequent play. I've also had connections with a few, at the time, quite high Elo members who mained Veigar. I have played against plenty of Veigar players who “know their stuff” which included that they simply didn't win lane or weren't able to make a big enough impact just because of their champion choice.

Right now, the meta game demands mobility and Veigar just does not possess any, which is arguably the biggest problem he has. The whole one for one concept would be less bad if he could actually consistently win lane and jump around team fights poking people with Q, but he cannot. Veigar is a very easy target himself, which makes him inconsistent as a whole.

Also, Riot has been nerfing several archaic numbers over the last year or two, just because it's out of date. They want to make champions fit the meta more, but if they do, then they've got to turn down some numbers. A 1.2 scaling on a targeted ability is obviously the nuts, but back when Veigar was fairly playable, that was rather normal. Another example of these ridiculous numbers would be Malzahar. Kassadin's previous values were also absolutely bonkers: 280 + 80% on both Q and E. Just some examples; Veigar is from another era.

"By amping up the AP farming mini-game on his Q, we're creating a new path for Veigar players to achieve their dream of pressing a single button and watching an enemy disappear. As it turns out though, this worked a bit too well, and pretty early in playtesting, we found that Veigar was reliably deleting people a bit too early in the game, so we had to make some small adjustments to his ult."

Riot must be crazy, cause Veigar can't do that. Grandmaster went to Veigar University and graduated with a PhD, so she must be right.

Riot also stated that they nerfed Amumu because the jungle changes would make him too strong. That also was a ridiculous assessment that made no sense when you'd put more than 2 seconds of thought into it. Riot is not an authority when it comes to balancing their own game, which is sad on its own.

Probably a pretty good untapped market for a League of Legends themed comedy club bar. Wanna help me crowd fund it?

Count me in.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:35pm | Report
'I don't even understand why this thread is still not locked. It's already been stated what Veigar's strengths and weaknesses are and why he will not break the game at all. It's also notorious how Guardian Angel stops his ability to trade himself for someone else.

He's an ok champ.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:35pm | Report
Shuru wrote:
Riot is also notorious for releasing broken champions after the play-tests, Releasing absolutely terrible champions and reworks they think are "strong and powerful" and gutting champions with nerfs that weren't even necessary.

I agree completely, most of the champions in the game currently are under scope for having unhealthy gameplay. The real struggle of a popular and very competitive moba, balancing is near impossible to perfect.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:39pm | Report

I agree completely, most of the champions in the game currently are under scope for having unhealthy gameplay. The real struggle of a popular and very competitive moba, balancing is near impossible to perfect.

The unhealthy gameplay is generally pinpointed on archaic designs from another era. Ryze was strong even back in the day, but he wasn't overbearing because most mages in the game didn't have built-in gap closers and mostly targeted abilities.

People generally strife for perfect imbalance when it comes to these kinds of games; the state in which several strategies that counter one another shift in terms of popularity. Kind of like rock-paper-scissors.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:41pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
'I don't even understand why this thread is still not locked. It's already been stated what Veigar's strengths and weaknesses are and why he will not break the game at all. It's also notorious how Guardian Angel stops his ability to trade himself for someone else.

He's an ok champ.

I reported thread, but nothing happened.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:44pm | Report
90% of threads on Mobafire become circlejerks.

This is often attributed to fanboys of whatever topic is in question getting butthurt. In this case, Veigar.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:46pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I don't even understand why this thread is still not locked. It's already been stated what Veigar's strengths and weaknesses are and why he will not break the game at all.

Haha let's be honest, this has all been a ploy, an experiment, since the beginning. It was about me stacking up comments, getting a taste of the community, and having a ridiculous thread explode in a very short amount of time.

lololol I mean come on! "New Veigar is about to Change the Game" hahahha

That is a hilarious thread, to be honest. Me knowing full well the feedback it would receive.

I'm sorry if anyone might feel used but now, all of you know who I am and you can't forget me. I have successfully engraved myself into your minds. (lol grandmaster will never forget, no matter how hard she tries)

I'll will stick around for now, cause it was a fun experience. Now I hold no grudges, let's be buddies.

P.S. Don't ban Veigar
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:48pm | Report
No one's impressed, but whatever feeds your e-***** I guess
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:50pm | Report
Looks like we've got a little badass on our hands.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:52pm | Report
(lol grandmaster will never forget, no matter how hard she tries)

Don't be surprised if "she" pokes you with a spear.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide