Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PBE - Recurve Bow Buff and Item Build Path...

Creator: VexRoth April 13, 2015 2:22pm
1 2
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 2:22pm | Report
Yeah, can't link directly to item section

Change on the PBE that actually seems pretty slick.

Recurve Bow
  • Is now a recipe item that builds out of [Dagger + Dagger + 200 gold].
  • Total cost increased to 1100g from 900g.
  • Now includes "UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal an additional 10 physical damage on hit."

Builds into Blade of the Ruined King, Enchantment: Devourer, Runaan's Hurricane, no mention of any changes to Wit's End.

I really like the streamlining of the build path on BotRK and the changes to Recurve Bow to make it actually useful for something other than attack speed. Though, I'm not sure if I like the buff that should give to Kalista and other potential on-hit builds for champions like Teemo, well unless I'm playing them. xD
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 5:18pm | Report
I'm excited that it will help out Kalista, she's one of my favorite champions to play and she has been pretty weak since the Attack Speed nerf. Not that weak, but weak enough to take her about of viability. And, definitely never gonna play Teemo, I would rather see that little troll get impaled by 50 thousand Kalista spears and pop them to watch his character model explode into a pile of mush. I hate that champion, and I hate him even more when someone on my team playing a non-auto attack champion loses lane to him.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 5:26pm | Report
the only buff here is that Recurve Bow is giving your AAs ten more damage, no other item has been changed other than sticking Recurve Bow into most item paths that already have two Daggers, not much of a buff just giving an item more build paths than one
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 5:33pm | Report
I normally build AS on her first and first build Hurricane and then go into Bloodthirster. In my opinion, it's still the most optimal build for her since it nets some crazy farm and has a ton of harass in-lane. But, yeah. I think I still would have rather seen a buff on her auto attack sailing from 66% to 70%-80%. Ruined King first item is a really good build path too, but Hurricane/Bloodthirster is my favorite.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 5:34pm | Report
I'm excited that it will help out Kalista, she's one of my favorite champions to play and she has been pretty weak since the Attack Speed nerf. Not that weak, but weak enough to take her about of viability.

Uhhhh I don't know about that man, Kalista's still pretty damn strong. She's definitely in the top 5 ADCs.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2015 5:39pm | Report
I personally don't like playing her as she stands with the Attack Speed nerf, I think it took a giant chunk of her offense away. And, put more reliability on the hopes that you and your support have synergy with her ult. Her kit is still really strong and Kalista still has a lot of power, but she lost a lot of speed and mobility.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
10 extra attack damage for 200 g is a deal. A Long Sword gives you 10AD for 360g.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
VexRoth wrote:
10 extra attack damage for 200 g is a deal. A Longsword gives you 10AD for 360g.

This ^
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2015 1:08pm | Report
Yup, it's definitely a buff, especially since you can build daggers if you can't afford the full item. It won't make too much difference in the long run since the finished items aren't any stronger but Recurve Bow isn't that strong atm anyway.

Also worth noting that 10 dmg on hit is stronger on Runaan's Hurricane bolts since they don't scale with 100% AD. In that case it's actually better than 10 AD. Not a buff to it overall since it already had the 10 on-hit damage that's being replaced by the Recurve passive. Not sure if the same thing applies to anything else though.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2015 2:00pm | Report
Remember that it's not 10 attack damage, it's 10 extra physical damage on hit, so it's not entirely a 200g longsword. It's definitely a buff but I personally don't think it will affect much, there are very few champions who build Runaans. It also slightly helps champions who build BotRK, but even then the cutlass is usually the rushed portion and you usually don't sit on the attack speed portion very long. I guess it gives you a little bonus if you recall at around 1100+ gold and already have boots 1.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide