Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Singed OP?

Creator: JunSupport September 13, 2011 8:26pm
106 posts - page 7 of 11
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 8:33am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I'm going to get in on this little scuffle here.

I'm probably going to restate a ton of things here but, bear with me.
Duff, why wouldn't you build a RoA on him? The passive makes for great laning and builds into RoA or BV. Both great items for Singed.
Looking at your comparison build, Why get Warmogs? It's not good initially and the farming time, although not too long for Singed, just takes away farm from carries or other people who could use it better. Trading it out for another RoA gives you slightly better stats because, you are actually a threat rather than a bag of meat that does negligible damage on all his skills.
GA, not the best item on Singed IMO. Sure it works... ok with his ult but, it's not practical. Why did you assume it was going to be on Trojan's build?

Doing math, your build has ~300 more than the "Trojan's." His however has more HP regen. Note I'm not accounting for the FoN passive. If we swap out the GA for either a RoA or the much needed FoN, His surpasses yours easily.

l0l'd

Now go look at the item combo's. None of them has as many crucial tank stats as the items I recommend using. That's because RoA is not a tank item- not even on Singed.

That's my whole point. You're sacrificing tankiness for damage, which is not a worthwhile investment when you consider what your opponents will be building end game.

Using the same logic, why get RoA if it takes time to stack it up? Null point.

All Singed players should be farming, you should know that. Carries are not the only champions who need farm, your tanks need it too. The more farm on the Singed the better.

I put the GA because otherwise there's no way to get well rounded, invincible tank stats. It was the closest thing you could build to round off the HP from the RoA and try to feel very tanky.

If a person doesn't think they need to be that tanky, it's likely because their opponents are not threatening them enough, for whatever reason.

"His however has more HP regen. Note I'm not accounting for the FoN passive."

...!? LOL.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 8:34am | Report
ice101v wrote:

I can attest to the fact that a singed with a RoA and Ryjals is practically unkillable and with insane poison damage, unless you stack mr like crazy. Just got through a game after 10 wins a singed player plays and we lose, and all he needed were those two items.

This meaning nothing to me.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 8:39am | Report
Jun you get so caught up in PROVING your points that you simply ignore points other people have made.

Philo + Giant's belt + singed ult is enough to stay in lane against most things.

I HAVE BUILT THE FKIN CATALYST BEFORE.

I HAVE BUILT ROA BEFORE.

Please, pay attention.

I'm not saying they are BAD. (I think it's a bad idea, but the item is not bad on Singed.)

I'm saying there are BETTER OPTIONS FOR THE 5V5 MAP and you should realize that is my point by now.

Instead of just zzzzrooooommmmmm gatta prove everyone wrongggg and I'm the most knowledgesszzz you should read what people have to say and consider it from time to time.

Okay, take your dodge runes and your 0/21/9. That has absolutely no bearing on the point of that section which was to display items.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 8:42am | Report
Q-Q-Quadrapost!

Sry, just had to.

Catalyst into RoA, Tanky stuff, mercs and Rylais.
That's the most common and IMO best way to Build singed, he's tanky nuff in his Ult to get those two ap/hp items. If you need more than 3 tank Items on singed your Team is just superbad.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 9:07am | Report
No not really. Being a hard tank doesn't mean your team is bad at all. If that were true, then why does HotShotGG rush Frozen Heart and Force of nature on Cho Gath in tournaments and high Elo ranked play? I'd suppose his team mates must be bad >:P

In fact, he's even doing it on Nidalee now. His build has been Frozen heart, Randuin's, Atma's, Warmogg's, Force of Nature, Merc tread's in a lot of games with Nidalee. Her ult now gives 30 Armor and MR.

Your opponents might have any number of champions who can deal damage, and any amount of farm to get items to be able to deal it. Being a hard tank is never bad, it will always be just as useful to have the hardest defensive items on a tank.

If your enemies are weak, then they won't be able to defend towers with the threat of you diving, because they can't damage you. If they are strong, then having a real, hard tank in front of your squishies is the only way to push.

I'm not saying people are dumb for building the RoA, not saying it doesn't work. It's the stronger mid game item, I've already agreed to that. However, it's a soft tank item build, not a hard tank one. His ult is what makes it work mid game, and then late game your stuck with a measly 80 AP instead of one of the many great utilities you could get from a real tank item.

I'm probably not going to continue posting after this on the matter but, my advice is to try full tanking on Singed sometime. It gets absolutely stupid.
ice101v
<Member>
ice101v's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 9:41am | Report
ice101v wrote:

I can attest to the fact that a singed with a RoA and Ryjals is practically unkillable and with insane poison damage, unless you stack mr like crazy. Just got through a game after 10 wins a singed player plays and we lose, and all he needed were those two items.

I point this out because it attests to the effectiveness of building those items on him. Especially because singed farms so well its easy to farm up some ap and tank items. But even without the tank items he is near impossible to kill. Every game I have played with a singed I have lost, and they all rushed RoA into FoN or Ryjals. Ulti provides plenty of defensive stats long enough for a team fight and enough to live. Sure eventually you want some tank items but generally games don't last that long with a singed player.
My Riven Build!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 11:56am | Report
Game Broken, Ice said RoA and Rylai's work.

Oh wait. I said they work too. Hmmm.
Baxxie
<Member>
Baxxie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 12:03pm | Report
Dude, there is no need to discuss anything for 7 pages. You say "Singed is OP," and that is all you have to do. That is how you state facts.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 12:36pm | Report
@Duff. I wasn't accounting for the FoN passive BECAUSE it should be a core item on singed and your faux Trojan build should have included it instead of the stupid GA you had. Also, it's not represented correctly in the build as it doesn't factor his passive into his HP.

RoA stacks automatically. You could be AFK and still be gaining stats.
Dropping off the GA for FoN would give more EHP overall because of the passive and the MR. Also, swapping out that BV for another RoA would give him more HP than your tank build with only a slight drop in tankiness.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 1:01pm | Report
The build I listed has like 100 more HP regen 5 bro. I don't know what you're thinking stating that his has more HP regen.

If you take out the "Stupid GA" then the armor the other build has is going to suck?

Sort of a damned if you do, damned if you dont?

OR, YOU COULD JUST DROP ROA AND HAVE IT ALL.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide