Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why are you stuck in "Elo Hell"?

Creator: Justos February 16, 2013 4:00pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 6:12am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

When you duo matchmaking gives the enemy team a bit more strong playerwise so let's say you duo queue two silvers, you will probably get 3 golds and the enemy team will have like 4 golds and 1 plat to kinda even it out. Generally though, the enemy team will also have a duo queue if you're duoing so idk what darcurse is talking about because it sounds fair to me. In the end, you lose to another duo or you got outplayed by lower ranked duo players and you should lose points to make way for them to climb up.

Also this. Already got like 3 notices of "bah you win duobot was premade so gg" and we answered "Yeah, me and x/our duo bot is also premade so.."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 6:19am | Report
I love when people ***** about duos.

Me and Berzerk usually trade support for top because he's first pick and Im last pick due to elo difference.

Often times our own team is like "duo ***s gg" and attempt to take top. XD
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 9:47am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Not.

And even with an compensation like that "you get Silver premade, they get Gold"(if that's even happening), I can't see any difference between Silver, Gold or Bronze, there's not that much difference in ranked and there definitely is NON in SoloQ.

I'm sorry but this is why you're in "elo hell". If you can't recognize the skill difference between yourself and players then you deserve to be lower until you can learn how to differentiate. Or, your MMR just gets the bad players that got carried to their ranking then tanked like mad, going back to their true MMR.

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 11:27am | Report
"Or, your MMR just gets the bad players that got carried to their ranking then tanked like mad, going back to their true MMR."

Not beating around this point you gave yourself, even while it does hold some truth,
and putting aside that there actually is no "ranking" anymore outside ranked play,
I just rely on the statement some ppl gave earlier and interpret it my way:

"Elo Hell is everywhere", that just means that you're not only getting those monkeys in lower tiers but in higher rankings too, they start to thin out after some point but that's that.

This whole Bronze,Silver and Gold stuff simply becomes a bowl of hot mishmash:
The more you are in the mid[st] of it, the hotter it is making the puree painful to chew on.

If you tell me that you can draw a clear line between those 3 tiers, even more, that you can do the same for SoloQ, I congratulate you for your audacity and laugh at the fact that you have no clue at all.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 3:10pm | Report
I don't believe in Elo hell.

If you are so much better than your Elo you will carry your way to the Elo you deserve.

If you are stuck at low Elo there is something you need to improve about your gameplay.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Duranichigo
<Member>
Duranichigo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 4:11pm | Report
okay so here I am the guy about to escape elo hell, My friends it exists its out there and when it gets you it sucks so bloody hard, Starting season 2 I had elo as low as 500!!!!!!!!!!, proper nooblike i know i admit it. Now how am I out of there then? Elo hell was extremely **** to be at, my team was 50% of the time completely ******ed and 25% of the time leavers and flamers. I decided then that I am just going to play a lot of games and statistically I should be able to escape this if I am actually any better than my co players. So I played more than 500 games and i escaped it, well at the moment I am about at 1200 elo now since LOLking still shows your elo go check it out there if you want to know it. I'm still getting placed with noobs but sometimes i get placed with some great players that's at least 100 elo better than I am, the main problem i believe is the new players turning level 30 there elo is about 1100 but they should not be near there yet, I am sure I'm about a 1450 elo player at least but with the new system I'm climbing fast and when i reach it I'm still gona feel my team sucks but sometimes they will carry me hard.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 4:44pm | Report
SURPRISE you're not stuck in Elo Hell you just need to improve.

Well, this topic was a fun waste of time :>
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 11:48am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

I just rely on the statement some ppl gave earlier and interpret it my way:

"Elo Hell is everywhere", that just means that you're not only getting those monkeys in lower tiers but in higher rankings too, they start to thin out after some point but that's that.

This whole Bronze,Silver and Gold stuff simply becomes a bowl of hot mishmash:
The more you are in the mid[st] of it, the hotter it is making the puree painful to chew on.

If you tell me that you can draw a clear line between those 3 tiers, even more, that you can do the same for SoloQ, I congratulate you for your audacity and laugh at the fact that you have no clue at all.

You interpreted it the wrong way, I'm afraid.

Trolls are everywhere, people that don't communicate or people that start flaming as soon as they're behind are everywhere. People that are incapable of realising what they're doing wrong and instead choose to blame others are everywhere, too (this is where the term 'elo hell' comes in to play).

That does not mean there's no difference in skill between Bronze, Silver and Gold players. In fact, there is - generally speaking - a very distinct difference between them. In other words, Gold monkeys may flame their teammates unnecessarily at times, but they're still better players than Silver monkeys.

The fact that you're laughing at Xaioli for saying this is, ironically, laughable.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 12:22pm | Report
o3o
Queue dodge + mute button = elo hell goes poof 8D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Yea sorry Darcurse but you are completely clueless. At this Elo (high plat/diamond) I still get AFKs and ****talkers, but I have noticed a bit of an improvement (not too much) from prior ratings. You will still get flamers and **** a lot, but the skill of those flamers go up.

If you seriously think someone in 800 Elo (bronze) is as good as someone in 1100 and as good as someone in 1500 and it's just based on luck, you need a reality check.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide