Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why are you stuck in "Elo Hell"?

Creator: Justos February 16, 2013 4:00pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 4:58pm | Report
^wat?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 5:00pm | Report
What part was so hard to understand?
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 5:21pm | Report
im in elo hell because i win my lane with kills and near perfect cs and get full build graves at 34 minutes but my team finds a way to lose
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 5:54pm | Report

im in elo hell because i win my lane with kills and near perfect cs and get full build graves at 34 minutes but my team finds a way to lose

Got my qualification games now, so 1st game i go elise and everything seems perfect i was top vs jayce and win 3-0 vs him and i catch kha zix in the junbgle and get double buffs and he falls behind like ****, fizz gets 1st blood vs ryze and the pooor mage ends 0/7 and ezre/lulu were doing ok bot lane.

But then we are ahead like 12-4 and lulu/ezreal and jax jungle start having some different ideas and start feeding insanity...seriously jayce was behind and he suddenly starts getting kills in other lanes same for khazix, then my team doesnt know how to teamfight since ezreal thinks hes a tank same for lulu, fizz gets focused hard, same for me and jax DIVES 1 V 5 ALL THE TIME OMG even if we somehow win a teamfight they would never push and fool around the map.

So in the end we lose thx to these ******s :)
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 6:07pm | Report
The entire thing? Playing premade ranked won't show your soloq elo, it will show your arranged Elo...

and how is duoing abusing the system? It's called solo/duo queue, you can solo or duo. o_O

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 6:28pm | Report
Now for the second game i got some troll who picks sion and starts feeding the enemy team by just walking into enemy tower! was soooo funny <3

Something wants me to stay in this tier forever...i got ***** slapped hard to 50 points for 2 loses
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 7:23pm | Report
You know, I just can't feel any sympathy for you. I know exactly how you feel, and although I get pissed (just now, 4-0 Anivia in lane but some douche said "mid or heimer", amongst other problems like a dumb no flash trista, so I couldn't really carry) it's still my own fault. I should've gotten something for Ashe's ult instead of rush warmog, and I couldn't carry strong enough.

Own up and carry. Stop complaining, both teams get trolls and bad players. If you still can't win, stop doing ranked, practice x champions in normals, and see if you learned anything. Just stop with the complaining coz no one can do anything for you.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 10:22pm | Report
You see, the fun part about these discussions is that no one ever mentions the games in which they're 5v4 or in which 1 or more players on the enemy team are complete idiots. No, they don't mind when that happens, so they don't remember it and they don't mention it. Then when they get the feeding teammates themselves, they rage about "elo hell" or the system sucking or w/e. How does that make sense?

This has been said countless times before, but if you're truly a good player, the chance of having bad players on your team is lower (only 4 players can be bad, after all) than on theirs. That doesn't mean you never get bad players and the enemy team never gets decent/skilled players and it also doesn't mean you can't lose games over the actions of bad teammates. In the end though, it is generally just not true what people say when they complain.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:55am | Report

The entire thing? Playing premade ranked won't show your soloq elo, it will show your arranged Elo...

and how is duoing abusing the system? It's called solo/duo queue, you can solo or duo. o_O

Ok, given that you can't figure out your SoloQ Elo with premade, but that's not exactly what I was talking about.
Since SoloQ'ing twists your Elo by having you team up with lemmings, one way to not get into "Elo Hell" is to play full-premade.

The other thing is playing duo in SoloQ...
I dunno where you came up with the idea that if Riot allows it, it's fair, balanced or reasonable?
Even while the system TRIES to match up teams with a similar premade setting, that's only happening half the time.
Not to mention how ****ed up the thought is, that if you sign in for playing in SOLO queue you have to play against premades.
(I'd really like to have a statistic about how many "top SoloQ" players actually play with a partner...)

If I lose a game in a manner that can't be described as "We were ok, but the enemy was simply better" it's mostly thx to the fact that someone of my team was either way ******ed and/or the enemy team could miraculously play as team while my guys were the typical SoloQ candidates.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 4:05am | Report
thx wayne <3
mathematically you will get more feeders/trolls/afks on the opposing team if you dont do any of the three.
Im surprised about people whining cus they won the lane rofl (4-0 whats that?) ive had 10-0 game losses and i raged hard but you dont see me whining about elo hell. Its just like poker. For a good player, solo/duoqueue will be a conflip with an edge (a significant one too).
You have to play support? so what. Ive had several solocarry games on my smurfs as a support (full ad blitzcrank 20-3 support ap ezreal etc) where i didnt steal a single cs from my adcarries.

Its not just about winning your lane, its about wasting the opposing teams time, taking objectives and ganking other lanes (THAT GOES FOR EVERY ROLE!!!)
how about warding the map so your team wont get caught as often? (elo hell? buy sightstone on any champion with maybe the exeption of adcarry and light up the map)

Like in poker, you will have downswings and upswings. Its a luck based game with an almost unlimited edge.

Basic principles to follow: win lane; gank other lanes; take all the turrets; counterjungle; prepare dragons; ward the map; NEVER FLAME!!!!!!; lead your team or if thats not possible: try to get the team to follow the ****** who keeps suiciding and use him as bait!

greez strawhatbro
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide