Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Creative Assistance Guides" section...

Creator: Infectious Lepar April 11, 2012 4:09pm
Would you be in favor of a new Guides section designed for how-to's, image/sig creation, and review shops
Infectious Lepar
<Member>
Infectious Lepar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 10:28am | Report
Sucks when threads just die off, I don't think there is a chance for any thread to get enough exposure in here to do any good :/
If I have helped you in some way, or you enjoyed my work some "Rep" would be nice ;)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 2:33pm | Report
It did spark some discussion, and I do think Matt will merge/create forums when he has the time ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Infectious Lepar
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 9:49pm | Report
Anything is better than nothing i guess ;)
If I have helped you in some way, or you enjoyed my work some "Rep" would be nice ;)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 11:02pm | Report

I was thinking of a more site-wide search bar on the homepage.

It's a little blue link at the bottom of the page. Took me a while to find it the first time too. Would be nice if there was a bar at the top, where most people normally look XD.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 11:32pm | Report
The problem with the search function on MobaFire is that it is bad. I've asked for a proper search bar for ages, that actually works, lol, would be nice to be able to type "Jungle Blitzcrank" and actually find it through MobaFire instead of via google.

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 11:40pm | Report
Though it is possible to find guides from mobafire via google, a legitimate search bar would do this community much better (especially when helping new users find what they want).

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 3:15am | Report
Fuzzy text search is not simple. There are open source packages to help with it but they are complex and require a lot of work to set up and maintain. Our search implementation is good "bang for your buck", it uses functionality built in to our current platform that is pretty good. We'll never be able to make a fuzzy search anywhere near what Google has. Or we'd go compete with Google.

In addition to that, I just never felt that text search was any use for guides. If you search for "Jungle Blitzcrank" you're going to get relevant results but who knows what the quality is. It's not weighing anything other than the significance of your search term within the guide's text. You're better off using the browse page. And I would rather improve the browse page with better categorization than invest a tonne of time in an improved text search that still won't really help much.

Text search is great for the forum though, and blog/wiki. However if we put it front and center, people will think that is how you find guides, and then they'll get weird and not great results and it will sour their experience. So we relegate search to the forum and footer.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 5:37am | Report
Good points Matt, definitely wouldn't want people using the current search bar to find a jungle Blitz guide, who knows what would come up haha :P

♡ sig by me ♡
Infectious Lepar
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 4:11pm | Report
Anyone else notice that the word "support" is not spelled s-u-g-g-e-s-t-i-o-n-s?
*cough cough Matt can't spell cough*
Just throwing bait in the water :P
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 4:22pm | Report
There are plenty of support threads in this subforum. The fact that suggestions are posted here is just convenient.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide