Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I need help using Evelynn

Creator: TwixTrip09 December 21, 2011 10:20pm
palzm
<Member>
palzm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 7:23pm | Report
I've barely ever lost as oplyn. Usually roam bot lane and build her hybrid.

gank mid at level 1. If bot can sustain him/herself bot, then go gank top lvl 1.
come back bot lane to assist/gain xp. and roam again.

Bot lane Roam Build:
Luxury items:
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 9:52pm | Report

Edited Aedori's post to reflect my build, but I think jungle tanky dps evelynn is definitely the way to go.

Contrary to popular belief I wouldn't gank early with evelynn. Wait till you get red buff then gank. She's also great at ganking bot lane because her passive lets her keep on trucking after you kill one.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
TwixTrip09
<Member>
TwixTrip09's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 11:31pm | Report
I'm liking all these different ideas. I just played a 3v3 (I know, not stepping out of my comfort zone yet lol) and i got I want to say around 17 kills, 6 deaths, and 12 assists. I did the usual Trinity Force, Boots of Mobility, Wriggle's Lantern, Rageblade, and Guardian Angel, but I'm always stuck on what to have as my sixth item. I was thinking either Hextech Gunblade or something else that will boost my AP along with my Attack, but I'm not sure what would be best for her.
So many noobs; will matchmaking ever be in balance?
palzm
<Member>
palzm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 12:04am | Report
After Tri force, Eve does a lot of damage.
Also, in 5v5 there are 4 other players to help you, but 4 other players to damage you.

So I would get something tanky; but if you are doing really well go for damage (depending on how you are building her)

I like getting Guadians, cuz after you revive it's really ez to heal up with wriggles.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2011 5:24pm | Report
I play her as jungler too, with a lot of ganks if my teammates do not autoattack powerpush alllll the time.

She is quite weak in the jungle (at least compared to Lee Sin, etc....) but it works ok.
I build her Wriggles into AP with a Lichbane later on as your Q proccs nicely every two seconds.

If your ganks succeed you can be quite dangerous at least if your enemies are inexperienced but all in all I find her quite weak and her passive is a joke.
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2011 6:24pm | Report
I dislike AP build because it has zero survivability. Tanky AD is a great choice for a 5v5

Wriggle's Lantern is good when farming, but I'd get a Hextech Gunblade instead. I'm gonna try this now

And you can start with boots if you prefer. There are two situations to get Dorans shield on an assassin imo:

#1: You are going to lane against strong early game opponents
#2: You arent that good with the champion you picked
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 1:17am | Report
I do love Eve. She is one of the better assassins in the game. I prefer to play her full AP.

The thing about Eve, that Ive come to notice, is she need an epic early game. She is extremely item dependent. If she cant get those key items, you will struggle.

There are a few ways that I increase my chances of having that early game.

1. Since Eve can solo or mid, she has to take the duo lane. The most effective duo lane set up is having a lane mate with high burst and/or hard CC. With one or both of these, you have a higher chance of success in lane.

2. Skill order. My skill order up to lvl 5 is > > > > . I play her as an assassin, and with a high burst and/or CC lane mate, the debuff from ravage will increase the dmg output in your lane.

3. Summoner Spells. To help keep up the pressure in the lane, I like to take and . You have some light CC and dmg reduction in exhaust, so you dont take too much dmg, and the DoT from ignite can be used to secure the kill. Combine with the right lane mates and you are on your way to winning your lane.

4. Good communication. If you have all the above, but your lane mate isnt willing to help set up for the kills you both need, you will be struggling. If you can still win the lane, but its not as fun with someone that wont talk to you.

5. The right items. My play style requires that I get as much dmg as I can when I 'open' on my target. I find that + + = a kill for me. These items synergize with the assassin role and can take almost any target out.

6. When roaming, I find it best to take advantage of people's paranoia.

Example: While in bot lane, let the enemy see you stealth up the river. It gives the impression that you are heading to gank mid. This, more often than not, will cause a few things to happen.

1. Mid will most likely play it safe, if their bottom lane calls MIA on you. With their mid playing passive, it can allow your mid to apply some pressure.

2. The bottom lane will play a lil more aggressive. They think you have gone mid since they saw stealth up the river. If they start pushing, communicate with your lane mate and set up a gank in your lane. And usually with two over extended enemies, you are more likely to get the kills/assists you need.

Also, when roaming, try to gank the lanes that are over extended or have high burst and/or heavy CC. These lanes will up the chance of a successful gank. Again good communication. Dont just go to a lane and gank. Make sure that the lane you are headed to is aware of your presence. Be it typing in chat, or pinging the target. You need to communicate.

7. Wards and Oracles. These two items can greatly hurt you since Eve is a melee champ. And the best way to counter these items are to get wards or an oracles your self. If the enemy is dropping wards in the lane, drop your own and take theirs out. Or get an oracles so dont have to buy wards every 3 min.

Note this: Supports and Tanks usually get Oracles. These champs are usually well protected so sometimes focusing them isnt the best thing. If someone has oracles and is ranged, do your best to let someone engage them first. They will be focused more on the one attacking them to notice you sneaking up on them. Even if you dont kill them, if you get them out of lane, you have taken away their ability to see you.

Well I can rant more about how I play Eve and the things Ive learned, but Ive been at this for about 30 min. Its time for bed. Hope this helps.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 1:23am | Report
Eve's underpowered in a sense that her early game is horrible right now, which, if used against good players, would result in you being completely denied of gold. That being said, she can still jungle, but then there are a lot more better ones.
Of course, a fed Eve still wins, but it's insanely hard for her to get fed against good players. Reasons stated above + oracles + vision wards + teamfights.
/waits for stealth rework.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 5:09am | Report
Quoted:

Eve's underpowered in a sense that her early game is horrible right now, which, if used against good players, would result in you being completely denied of gold. That being said, she can still jungle, but then there are a lot more better ones.
Of course, a fed Eve still wins, but it's insanely hard for her to get fed against good players. Reasons stated above + oracles + vision wards + teamfights.
/waits for stealth rework.

True
And the problem imo isnt the oracle or ward, its that she cant go stealth and kill someone alone. Any CC will destroy her, principally because she only slows. Killing was OK when she could stun, the enemy had no chance.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 9:38am | Report
Wait now John. I think it depends on the items in which you get.

My playstyle with her, I can 1v1 with some of the hardest hitters in game. Yes CC hurts, but thats why you take exhaust to reduce the dmg that is dealt to you while CC'd

If you play the AD role, which Ive tried and not really liked, Ive found that building her tanking is the best way to do it. So if she gets CC'd she can still take a beating since she is tanky.

If you play hybrid style, well you have many options to help give you sustained dmg and some self healing.

Again its all in the items.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide