Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need help on AP-ish supports

Creator: IceCreamy August 15, 2013 7:07pm
1 2 3 4 5
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 7:07pm | Report
So, I main support and my champion pool is limited to Thresh, Lulu, Nami, Sona, Janna, Nunu & Willump and Alistar. I've played Taric, Leona and Blitzcrank, but they're just not my type of champion. I'm looking to get into more AP-ish supports such as Elise, Fiddlesticks and Zyra. I'm also looking to try out some more unconventional supports like Karma, Kayle, Lux, Morgana, Orianna and Zilean.

Anyone care to help? :) I'm on EUW if you want to talk/play. Thanks!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 7:21pm | Report
Well, I'd definitely suggest learning the three you mentioned ( Elise Fiddlesticks Zyra) as they're all very effective. Elise and Zyra have strong poke, Zyra has "free wards", and Fiddlesticks is the anti-support, meaning they're all useful in different situations. I'd say the hardest of the three is Zyra and the easiest is Fiddlesticks.

As per the unconventional ones listed, Kayle, Karma, and Morgana aren't really worth it unless you've got a team who can work with them (and communicate well). Lux, Orianna, and Zilean are more forgiving of their team comp.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 7:24pm | Report
Why bother with the unconventionals? The ones you listed are only borderline viable on support and I wouldn't use them in ranked play.. they're also all pretty straightforward as far as playing goes also except maybe Karma

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 7:54pm | Report
''My champion pool is limited to *lists 7 champions*''

r u srs atm
Dill Money
<Member>
Dill Money's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 8:23pm | Report
I'm laning against Zyra all the time and I always see her in the LCS. She seems ridiculously strong right now, especially with this new trend of bot-lanes that emphasize chaining cc's ( Ashe- Zyra is obviously the most notable. **** that lane.)
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 1:34am | Report
You should really go with Fiddlesticks.
The OPness in the 3 sec ******ness is just too much. Making enemies into ******s, the dream of every LoL-Player.

And Zyra is a great support, it's actually fun to play her. Even tho I still have no idea what I am doing when I play her, most of the time you just harrass with ur E+W and at some point combo them...?

As for the other Supports,
I still play Lux support in rankeds if my ****** team goes full AD without any real AP threat. Works great tbh.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 4:41am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

''My champion pool is limited to *lists 7 champions*''

r u srs atm

I mean on support, I have wins with 70 champs in ranked :P But yeah, I want to improve, so I feel like I need to at least give those a try because I haven't yet.

Quoted:
Why bother with the unconventionals? The ones you listed are only borderline viable on support and I wouldn't use them in ranked play.. they're also all pretty straightforward as far as playing goes also except maybe Karma

Alright, I'll disregard the unconventional ones if you think they're not worth it. Any thoughts on Nidalee support or don't bother either? :P

Either way, I'll still need help on Elise, Fiddlesticks and Zyra because I've never played them before as support. Any guides that are recommended? :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 5:14am | Report
Nidalee support only works with Kennen or Teemo. Possibly Caitlyn or Varus, but her biggest issue is mana. I'd say don't bother,

I know astrolia had a Zyra support guide, and someone else did support Elise. Not sure if there's a support Fiddlesticks guide, but I'd suggest R>Q>E>W and starting items as Faerie Charm + Sight Wards + Mana Potions (b/c Bountiful Harvest on the cannon minion should keep your HP up).
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
Test0ML
<Member>
Test0ML's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 6:57am | Report
Try to play Nautilus.He is really good as support.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 7:05am | Report
Test0ML wrote:

Try to play Nautilus.He is really good as support.

He really isn't that good. The CC is nice, but he's really item-dependent in order to be effective. Not to mention his playstyle doesn't differ from Blitzcrank and Thresh all that much, which isn't completely what the OP is looking for, it seems.

Fiddlesticks support is fun, but a bit knacky. But once you pass that stage, he's a no-brainer.

Okay, that was bad.

Zyra support is really nice. Doesn't go with every ADC, but it's certainly worth picking up.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide