Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need help on AP-ish supports

Creator: IceCreamy August 15, 2013 7:07pm
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 7:35am | Report
Playing some Zyra support now, having fun :) Tried Fiddlesticks but he's not my cup of tea.

Nautilus... jungled him on free week but absolutely hated him. Maybe it'll be better as support, sounds like fun :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Test0ML
<Member>
Test0ML's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 7:38am | Report
sirell wrote:

He really isn't that good. The CC is nice, but he's really item-dependent in order to be effective. Not to mention his playstyle doesn't differ from Blitzcrank and Thresh all that much, which isn't completely what the OP is looking for, it seems.

Fiddlesticks support is fun, but a bit knacky. But once you pass that stage, he's a no-brainer.

Okay, that was bad.

Zyra support is really nice. Doesn't go with every ADC, but it's certainly worth picking up.

Well,he asked for unconventional supports and trust me Nautilus is good,Look at my AD Sona
game.I had an Nautilus support.So if he worked with my unconventional AD Sona...

PS:Just saying. ;)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 7:52am | Report
One circumstance does not a rule make 0.o
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:04am | Report
Okay, truth be told, I like Nautilus support myself.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:09am | Report
DKitten wrote:

Nidalee support only works with Kennen or Teemo.

First of all you're wrong. Second of all teemo isn't an adc.

@Icecreamy:
I suggest you learn Zyra. She's one of the FOTM supports (Meta favors AoE disengage supports. Zyra, Sona, Thresh, Nami, etc). She's not that difficult to learn. Just use your plants to zone / poke enemies, peel for your ADC / catch enemies with E, and disengage / followup with ulti.

Fiddle support is actually really underplayed as of now and I really do recommend you pick him up (one of the few champs that can screw dives by Q'ing the diver as he goes in) You can go a QEQEQ max.

I don't recommend Elise support because she's used much more as a jungler / top, but she is a strong pick. You can zone / poke really easily with your Q and E, and your E is an amazing tool for jungle followup. She's also really strong and you can duel people when you're ahead ^.^

Don't play Nautilus support either :/

If you wanna have some fun play bruiser supports. Lee Sin, Xin Zhao, Jarvan, etc

Go manmode at lvl 2
:D

Volibear support is also something I love to play when bored. You're so strong it's so deceptive.

Leblanc support is also crazy fun.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:19am | Report
Oh yes, I've played LeBlanc support :D

So I could use some tips on Zyra. Currently I have

Greater Mark of Armor, Greater Seal of Armor, Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist, Greater Quintessence of Gold.

1/17/12 masteries, upgrading Exhaust in offense, tanky stuff in defense and upgrading Flash and taking gold in utility.

Build is Ruby Sightstone, Mobility Boots, Enchantment: Homeguard, Twin Shadows, Shurelya's Battlesong buying plenty of Vision Wards and Oracle's Elixirs of course.

Good? Bad? Tips/Advices? :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:25am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Alright, I'll disregard the unconventional ones if you think they're not worth it. Any thoughts on Nidalee support or don't bother either? :P

I personally hate support Nidalee but it has its ups and downs I guess. She's good against Nunu & Willump and Janna and good with Ezreal or Caitlyn most notably. I mean I don't get WHY you'd play her unless you thought it was fun (though throwing javelins and stuff and buffing allies doesn't seem like the most fun thing in the world) cause if you wanted a support for poke there are better options :I Some people play through the lane phase and then go AP so I guess that's her 'use'. Thought Zyra already does that somewhat ^-^

edit: I'd go with magic pen or hybrid pen for Zyra and even AP quints would be okay. If not HP quints are probably a better option than golds. 1-13-16 with points in explorer, biscuit, wealth and greed and vet's scars etc in def. Ignite for sure, unless you're: 1) vs high burst assassins 2) AS based champions or 3) an unfavorable match up - in which case you go with Exhaust.

why ignite over exhaust for all you haters

Sightstone > Chalice > Ruby > Mobs > Mikael's > (Morellonomicon) > Twin shadow etc etc > Oracles

But apparently there's this new burning plant thing which I'd look into iiwy >> http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/burning-bush-zyra-original-build-by-rhaqen-342673

Max E > W > Q, can max Q alternatively but you're prob gonna be better off with the lower CD snare + stronger slow, despite the plants being melee.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:40am | Report
So gold quints and items suck now? I feel old ;D

I don't really have mana problems but regardless Mikael's Blessing is a really good item. Was already maxing E>W>Q :) Hybrid pen works with plants? :o

Need to buy more rune pages :D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:48am | Report
Why put Teemo in bottom lane?

As per Zyra masteries...I'd probably go 9/0/21 (10% starting CDR + Shurelya's Battlesong + Morellonomicon), 9/13/8 (for Block , or 20/0/10 (which will let you grab a little more damage and still get some gold masteries or max Artificer ).

And definitely Greater Mark of Magic Penetration. The rest of your runes are fine.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 8:54am | Report
Support Nidalee, most underrated support ever

Max Q, poke like no other support can poke (from a stupid distance as well), free wards everywhere + the best single target AS steroid for allies there is in the game. Also at level 6 you can kill an ADC that's at 50% HP by yourself lol. You need to rush Tear of the Goddess though. It's so much fun but it's effectiveness is proportional to the number of spears you can land. AKA can be useless or amazing
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide