Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need help on AP-ish supports

Creator: IceCreamy August 15, 2013 7:07pm
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 11:28am | Report
Don't you like play Nid support maxing heal? If you take Tear I know people who murder you :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 11:34am | Report
Nidalee support makes me mad. My support picks her when I ADC and I'm just, "Get out!". Although I'm anti-nidalee anywhere :/

Zyra's ace, though! You can talk to me on EUW about Zyra if you want, although it's not like I'm actually any good. Except at stealing kills. It's the plants, not me, I swear.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Test0ML
<Member>
Test0ML's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 11:36am | Report
Kinen wrote:

Nidalee support makes me mad. My support picks her when I ADC and I'm just, "Get out!". Although I'm anti-nidalee anywhere :/

Zyra's ace, though! You can talk to me on EUW about Zyra if you want, although it's not like I'm actually any good. Except at stealing kills. It's the plants, not me, I swear.

I think Teemo support is much better than Nidalee support.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 12:47pm | Report
seriously, if you are supporting with Nidalee you're wasting your time getting a tear, imo. Chalice would be much better. However, getting AP beats any of those. I haven't done it in quite a while, but after Sightstone, i'd look for a Kage's Lucky Pick, for starters.
Either way, Moon knows better.

edit: saying she has inbuilt wards doesn't seem right from a diamond player.

Sig made by Tamy
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 2:49pm | Report
I guess if you are looking for poke Lux might be a better option.

If you are going for DotA / Korean style supports aka. Burst supports, as mentioned LeBlanc is a good option. I enjoy playing her on bot alot!.

Then there is Syndra, but I'd always choose LeBlanc over her. Remember these are burst supports similar to Zyra so all you want is to kill harder than a kill lane with Leona.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 7:19pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

edit: saying she has inbuilt wards doesn't seem right from a diamond player.

*Contains over reaction*

What's so wrong about saying that lol? Sure it doesn't give constant vision in a big area but if someone steps on it it reveals him for 12 mfing seconds lol. Well placed traps will give you control of a bush easily + negate most enemy ganks.

Also Tear of the Goddess is way superior to Chalice of Harmony on Nidalee. It's way more cost efficient, it's cheaper, gives more mana and no unnecessary MR. You can abuse it for near infinite mana with Cougar form (you can charge it up quickly and for free)

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 7:42pm | Report
lol

teemo is a ****ty champ please don't say "he's good in this lane! he coutners this champ! Put him here"

also don't go arguing about "___'s only good with ___ he's bad with __"

That's ******ed anyone who plays at an adequate level knows that support-adc synergy isn't hardly as important as the support's kit's impact throughout the game.

As for nida support you can just go fairie charm and build tear --> sighstone when ahead or sightstone when behind

If you're looking to tryhard for supports just play Thresh Nami Sona Zyra. They work with any ADC.

Nida support is just niche and for fun.

I'd max Q on her cuz you're already playing a niche support might as well use it to its full potential.

It's like playing Xin Zhao bot and going 1/13/16 "cuz he's a support"
Test0ML
<Member>
Test0ML's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2013 1:07am | Report
Embracing wrote:

lol

teemo is a ****ty champ please don't say "he's good in this lane! he coutners this champ! Put him here"

also don't go arguing about "___'s only good with ___ he's bad with __"

That's ******ed anyone who plays at an adequate level knows that support-adc synergy isn't hardly as important as the support's kit's impact throughout the game.

As for nida support you can just go fairie charm and build tear --> sighstone when ahead or sightstone when behind

If you're looking to tryhard for supports just play Thresh Nami Sona Zyra. They work with any ADC.

Nida support is just niche and for fun.

I'd max Q on her cuz you're already playing a niche support might as well use it to its full potential.

It's like playing Xin Zhao bot and going 1/13/16 "cuz he's a support"

Is just my opinion...
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2013 1:27am | Report
wasnt really respondin to you but sry if ive offended you
YeaISupport
<Member>
YeaISupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2013 4:22pm | Report
I do main Zyra support, so if you want to PM me for tips, I am willing to answer those questions.

For Zyra support, you are weakest at Level 1 because you only have Grasping Roots. Rampant Growth improves your burst by a lot. Zyra, however, gets power spikes at Level 2 and 6.

You have a bit of leeways at warding due to your Rampant Growth, but remember, if you use seed as a ward, its vision is very limited, and you are losing a chunk of your burst damage without seeds (Seed CD is pretty high at low levels btw.) Also, it is sometimes useful to use an ability over your seed to guarantee more vision.

However, you are probably higher-ranked than me, so you may be better than me (even with my 200+ ranked games with Zyra... :))

Current project: But the Music Goes On - Autobiography of Sona

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide