Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

need help to know how to be better mage

Creator: nk_35 July 12, 2014 4:26am
1 2
nk_35
<Member>
nk_35's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2014 4:26am | Report
hey guyz I'm new to being a mage. I been planning to buy karthus so i need help asap (sorry for poor grammar)
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2014 5:12am | Report
What sort of help do you need?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
nk_35
<Member>
nk_35's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2014 4:05pm | Report
tips on how to play a mage champ and I also playing annie now so playing tips also need
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2014 10:37pm | Report
Hmm, Karthus and Annie, huh? Well, they're completely different. Annie is a burst in-your-face mage, while Karthus tends to play more passively and pick kills with his ult. I've played Annie a bit so I'll give you some tips for her.

Annie Passive Pyromania - You want to always be aware of how many stacks you have. When a fire shield surrounds her, you'll know that it's ready to proc.

Her Q - Disintegrate - is what you'll mainly be using to poke in lane. It's also useful for starting a combo when your stun is ready.

Her W - Incinerate - has great waveclear and also adds to your burst damage.

Her E - Molten Shield - will help mitigate damage and is great for getting your stun up.

Finally, her R - Summon: Tibbers - is AMAZING, as it will turn around teamfights instantly. Massive damage.

With her, it's all about the burst. Get that stun up, then simply Q -> W in most cases. If you have your ult up, you can Q -> R -> W for massive damage.

As for items (with most mages), you're gonna want to either get a Deathfire Grasp or a Rabadon's Deathcap ASAP. Rod of Ages has pretty good synergy with Annie's kit so I would recommend it for her.

That should get you started.
nk_35
<Member>
nk_35's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 3:15am | Report
thanks and I also I have TF
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 4:34am | Report
I always personally think of Twisted Fate as more of a utility mid laner. I am not saying that he doesn't put out good damage but he is best used to help your team secure kills with your gold card stuns. It is very important when playing Twisted Fate to be confident in your ability to pull a gold card at the right moments. Also when they updated the animation on Pick A Card they also decreased the amount of time the card is available for after it is picked. This makes using Destiny after pulling a gold card more difficult than it was before because if you don't teleport fast enough the gold card will no longer be available.

With that being said during the laning phase for Twisted Fate you should be pulling blue cards whenever possible to help restore your mana. Twisted Fate can have serious mana problems in lane if you do not pull blue cards. It is also important to remember that Twisted Fate does not have any built in escapes before level 6. It is very important to keep your lane well warded because any good jungler will know this and exploit any bad lane positioning. Another helpful trick when laning and wave clearing on Twisted Fate is that if you throw Wild Cards at an approaching creep wave you can damage almost the entire minion wave. This is very helpful if you need to fast push a lane or to instantly clear minion waves in the late game.

In terms of itemization and build paths on twisted fate I personally think that an AP build with an emphasis on CDR is the most viable and helpful build. The Lich Bane is always a necessary item on Twisted Fate and more often than not should be your first big item. If you are having mana problems in lane there is no shame in building a couple of early Doran's Ring for their added health and mana regen. For the next item it is a choice between Rabadon's Deathcap and Morellonomicon, I personally think the Morellonomicon is the better choice because of the added CDR but if you are far ahead the Rabadon's Deathcap can help you snowball your lead. For boots most people will tell you that Sorcerer's Shoes are the only way to go but if you didn't take the Morellonomicon the Ionian Boots of Lucidity can be a good way to get some CDR so you can be more of a utility for your team. Other good items on Twisted Fate are Void Staff, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Athene's Unholy Grail. As for summoner spell it is popular right now to use Ghost and Flash. This helps to negate Twisted Fate lack of mobility. Teleport and Ignite are also good summoner spells on Twisted Fate.

With regards to how many Doran's Ring to build it is really very situation. I realize that isn't a very useful answer so I will give some scenarios and what I personally would do with regards to early build. The thing about Doran's Ring is that it gives you really good power for the amount of gold it costs. The problem with Doran's Ring and all Doran's items for that matter is that they are very cost efficient in the early game but you will end up selling them at a huge loss in the late game. For example Doran's Ring costs 400 gold and has a stat value of 666 gold, making it a very gold efficient item. The issue is Doran's Ring only sells back to the shop for 160 gold and since they take up inventory spots you will inevitably end up selling them to make room for better items in the late game. They typical start you will go on Twisted Fate will be the Doran's Ring x2 health pots. A good rule of thumb with Doran's items is to build them if you need that early power to get you through the laning phase. Since I am assuming you are new on Twisted Fate I would recommend you build 2 Doran's Ring to start because if you dont pull blue cards constantly, using Wild Cards will drain your mana very fast. Also most of the time you will be rushing Lich Bane and there is no built in mana regen along your early build path like most mid laners have. It is also acceptable to build and early Chalice of Harmony into an Athene's Unholy Grail but these items got nerfed and it was never the preferred first item on Twisted Fate anyways.

There are exceptions to the Doran's Ring start however. When playing against AD midlaners such as Yasuo and Zed you will be taking a lot of early AD harass from these champions. In these situations I preffer the Cloth Armor x5 Health Potion start as it gives armor and sustain to deal with these champions very annoying early game harass. Cloth Armor can also be built into an early Seeker's Armguard which will give you the ability to counter harass these annoying lane opponents and can be later built into a Zhonya's Hourglass so it is a win-win. This build path also benefits from picking up an early Doran's Ring for the added mana regen and health which could very likely save your life on these champions scary level 6 all-in ultimates such as Death Mark and Steel Tempest

So all together when you are starting out I would recommend that you build at least two Doran's Ring in lane as it will help with your mana and give you extra health to help your survivability. I don't recommend every buying more than 3 because at that point you are going to end up throwing away a lot of gold in the late game.

This was copy and pasted from another post that I made and I hope it all makes sense. If you have any further question don't be afraid to ask.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 4:42am | Report
tl;dr Twisted Fate: you don't lane, you push hard with Q and regain mana with W, hit 6 and start looking for lanes to gank.

Doran's Ring -> Lich Bane/ Zhonya's Hourglass/ Rabadon's Deathcap + sorceror's shoes -> Twin Shadows/ Void Staff
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 4:44am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
tl;dr Twisted Fate: you don't lane, you push hard with Q and regain mana with W, hit 6 and start looking for lanes to gank.

Doran's Ring -> Lich Bane/ Zhonya's Hourglass/ Rabadon's Deathcap + sorceror's shoes -> Twin Shadows/ Void Staff

TF doesn't rush Lich Bane anymore. Twin Shadows, Morellonomicon, and Zhonya's Hourglass are much better to rush.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 5:30am | Report
I personally think it depends on team ranked or soloqueue, but we'll leave it at that. Also, a few Twisted Fate players who got ahead early often rushed Deathfire Grasp but I don't really know if it isn't overkill/risky
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 5:43am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I personally think it depends on team ranked or soloqueue, but we'll leave it at that. Also, a few Twisted Fate players who got ahead early often rushed Deathfire Grasp but I don't really know if it isn't overkill/risky

DFG rush is really stupid on TF, makes 0 sense. If you wanna do that, pick a DFG ***sassin and leave TF alone. I will agree that Twin Shadows is more a ranked 5 option but the others work fine in soloq.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide