Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Guides of the Week! (S9 Week 20)

Creator: PsiGuard May 15, 2019 5:17pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2019 5:17pm | Report

Hey guys, we're trying out a new format for featuring guides in the news. Let us know what you think of the post in the comments. We'll likely be doing one of these for the featured guides every week. :)

[9.10] PROGRAM: Bubble Pop - Nami Support by @ Jovy
Jovy is one of the site's most consistent guide authors and coders, so it should come to no surprise that her Nami guide is as stunning as it is informative. She's completely overhauled the visuals of the guide with a theme that fits Program Nami 's aesthetic and it looks fantastic. Every section of the guide includes helpful visual aids in the form of images, icons, gifs and videos, which makes the sheer amount of detail in the guide much more enjoyable to read.

In her gameplay sections, Jovy covers not only general warding locations and team fight tips, but also important details like the early push for level 2, wave management, combos and even advice on how to communicate better with your teammates. Her commitment to a thorough and well-presented guide makes this a great resource for aspiring Nami players.

[9.10] Ye Olde Pantheon Top by @ Swuft
Swuft's Pantheon guide has gone through an inspiring journey. Initially a little rough around the edges, Swuft won a random draw category in a guide contest a number of years ago. Since then, he's put a crazy amount of effort into the guide, improving the detail, accuracy and presentation by an impressive amount. This guide went on to win the top lane category of multiple guide contests and it's still going strong with regular updates from the author.

Other than the creative and entertaining visuals, Swuft's guide really shines when he delves into the mindset and decision required to build and play Pantheon. More than just a build with some gameplay tips, Swuft really digs into the perspective of an experienced Pantheon player to help the reader get a feel for what their goals should be throughout the game and how they should play. I'm also a big fan of his creative warding maps with color-coded sections of the lane and jungle.

Kaji's Fiddlesticks Jungle ~ Your Bidding Master
by @ Kaji***ihoAkukei
Kaji's Fiddlesticks guide offers both a solid breadth and depth of information. Kaji offers several viable build options for Fiddlesticks and carefully guides the reader through all of their options. New junglers will appreciate the Fiddlesticks-specific tips and examples for the initial jungle clear, including some helpful videos that display the routes.

The highlight of this guide is definitely the extensive matchups section. As of the time of this post, Kaji's guide includes 36 jungle matchups, all rated on a 1-10 scale in terms of difficulty and they all include champion-specific tips on how to counter the enemy's abilities and playstyle as a jungler. Each matchup is detailed, but concise enough that you could quickly read the tips for your matchup in champion select before you head onto the rift. The champions are also sorted by difficulty at the top of the chapter in a helpful table of contents, in case you need to get a general sense of the matchup quickly without scrolling through each of them individually.

If you liked any of these guides, be sure to give the authors a vote and comment with your thoughts! Let me know if you liked the format for this post, and I'll be back with three more guides next week!
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2019 5:40pm | Report
damn, thank you joe! you can be my new hype man :)
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2019 10:19pm | Report
This is amazing!

I really like this idea :)
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Wicked Cherry
<Veteran>
Wicked Cherry's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2019 11:24pm | Report
Awesome idea. This kinda keeps me fired up to improve my guides. :>
I think it‘s a pretty good way to motivate people to create guides and keep them updated. :)
TheFwnK
<Member>
TheFwnK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2019 11:34pm | Report
Love the idea. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Makes me to improve my guides and escape me from laziness to update or create a guide.
Silverman43
<Versatility Master>
Silverman43's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2019 9:22am | Report
Really love this idea!
Would be nice if we could get a similar thing for the best new guides each X months!
Thanks to @ Jovy for the signature!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2019 1:07pm | Report
Nice, I like it! (great minds think alike :P )

Damn, that matchup section is huge indeed!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
KajiKumihoAkukei
<Editor>
KajiKumihoAkukei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2019 1:09pm | Report
I like the idea, it puts more emphasis on the strong points of the guides and why you should read them. This will be a good way to discover new guides!
Nice work, I like it! ^^
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2019 3:05pm | Report
I support this idea! Thanks for the spotlight too. I look forward to seeing the other guides chosen in future weeks!
winston gergill
<Member>
winston gergill's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2019 1:19pm | Report
Nice idea!
Janna guide | Thanks @ Hoppermh for the sig! :D
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide