Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 4.10 Notes

Creator: Wayne3100 June 18, 2014 7:03am
56 posts - page 5 of 6
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 5:42pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

Here are some examples of constructive criticism:
  • I don't think an Essence Reaver/ Muramana build will work for bottom lane ADC's because of these reasons...
  • Nice thinking, but I'm afraid the Muramana proc doesn't critical strike, so all of that critical strike% goes to waste.
  • Have you thought about using an X item instead of a Y item?
  • Your builds are too "late game." Can you run the numbers with a pair of boots and a Guardian Angel?
  • I see where you're going, but the extra life steal on the more traditional build is way too important to me. Also, the ADC's I play need more speed. Try a Zephyr or Statikk Shiv instead of one of your Phantom Dancers.
  • Maybe ADC's aren't the way to go. Maybe try a bruiser build. Yorick might be a good place to start.

Some examples of criticism that isn't helpful;
  • "That build is so ******ed I can't even understand how you got gold."
  • "It's really pathetic that you're still bothering to defend this build ..."
  • "You lose so many stats compared to the traditional build, lol." (No specificity about what's missing that's important to the commenter)
  • And just generally commenting without thinking or trying to be constructive. If you've already concluded that Essence Reaver is junk in all cases simply because it doesn't help in your specific case, then clearly you're not helping.

Vyn has used both constructive and non-constructive. Don't act as if he's only been a ****. He's made just as much useful contribution as he has flamed you.

If you are ignoring what someone says just because they aren't saying it nicely, then you probably need thicker skin.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 6:29pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Vyn has used both constructive and non-constructive. Don't act as if he's only been a ****. He's made just as much useful contribution as he has flamed you.

If you are ignoring what someone says just because they aren't saying it nicely, then you probably need thicker skin.

He started off being a **** and only once he was called on it did he start being constructive. If someone is being a ****, I will call them on it. I'm hoping he learns from this to skip the "****" part and get to the constructive part sooner.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 8:15pm | Report
That is fair enough.

Not everyone is usually receptive to criticism and discussion (particularly many new guide writers who think they're all that whilst being Bronze I), so many of us often don't bother to do anything past pretty much telling them how bad they are and we find that when we do, many of them just completely miss the point and so it just becomes easy to just start ridiculing them.

So understand his scepticism when you suggest an absurd idea such as Muramana and double Phantom Dancers with no boots on an ADC, all for the sake of one new item which is, in all honesty, quite lackluster, especially compared with other options.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 9:56pm | Report
You know what's weird about the Essence Reaver? It's like the older brother to the Spirit of the Elder Lizard. They have essentially the same kind of stats -- damage, life steal, mana steal, 10% CDR. The difference is that the Essence Reaver has generally stronger stats and can work against all enemies. But it just wouldn't make sense for Riot to think that a person would upgrade from a Spirit of the Elder Lizard to an Essence Reaver, because by the time they'd do that, there would be a lot of other better items to choose from.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 4:36am | Report
It would be unfair to upgrade it from Spirit of the Elder Lizard. The point of the Spirit Stone items is that they are meant to be the respective counterparts for different jungle roles - tanks, AD and AP. To suddenly give an edge to Elder Lizard Junglers weakens all the other junglers, especially since Spirit of the Elder Lizard is already the most popular of the 3.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 5:24am | Report
Blue build Ezreal is back being more annoying than it ever was. Couple tryout games will tell if it's really better than the "regular" build.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 5:52am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Blue build Ezreal is back being more annoying than it ever was. Couple tryout games will tell if it's really better than the "regular" build.

Anything new about the build?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 6:08am | Report

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Lovebongs
<Member>
Lovebongs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 3:16pm | Report
Nerfed Nidalee.

Well there goes some of the fun
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 3:20pm | Report
Lovebongs wrote:

Nerfed Nidalee.

Well there goes some of the fun

Nerfed? :D

She was pretty much like buffed + she's mroe fun to play than ever

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide