Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Scout System Relaunch!

Creator: PsiGuard January 31, 2020 2:17pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 2:17pm | Report

The Scout System Has Been Overhauled!

After many discussions of potential improvements to the Scout system and some hard work from the staff, we're finally ready to officially relaunch the Scout system. The goal of this relaunch is to reinvigorate Scouting and empower new Scouts to make their mark on the site by highlighting great guides.

One of the necessary steps in reworking the system is to start fresh. Due to the new requirements for being promoted to Scout, all existing Scouts have been demoted. Scout promotion will now be handled through a manual application process. Since there's no Reputation requirement, this means more people are now eligible to become Scouts! If you're a fan of reviewing guides, this is a great chance to make your work a bit more official. :)

What's Changed?

There are a lot of changes that come with this Scout system relaunch. Here's a quick rundown of what's new.

The Prep:
  • All existing Scouts have been demoted.
  • The rank has been separated from the rank hierarchy (Veterans and Moderators are no longer automatically Scouts).
  • Auto-promotion has been disabled. All Scouts will be promoted manually.
  • New threads have been created for Scout applications, Scouting guidelines (in the private Scout subforum) and guide review applications.
  • A private Discord server has been created for Scouts only, so they can discuss and share guides with each other.

The Features:
  • Scouts can now leave official Guide Reviews!
    • Scout reviews will be stickied in a new Review tab (as well as showing up in the Discussion tab).
    • A colored border shows whether the reviewer has Scouted the guide or left a neutral review.
  • Scouted guides will receive a badge to highlight their status in the listings and on the guide page.
  • Recently Scouted guides will be featured in the Scouted tab of the Community page.

Scouts can use the new Post Review and Post +Scout buttons to leave official Scout reviews!

Guides that receive at least 3 Scout Points will receive a badge highlighting their Scouted status.

The Scouted tag also shows up in the guide listings!

Become a Scout!

Becoming a Scout is easier than ever! Simply head to the application thread linked below and follow the instructions inside. There's a soft ranked requirement at Gold IV, but if you don't meet that requirement right now, feel free to post your past ranks.

Whether you're looking for your guide reviews to stand out or you're passionate about finding and highlighting the best upcoming guides, check out the link below and apply to become a Scout!

Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 2:24pm | Report
I've been waiting for this for such a long time! A welcome change for sure.

Special thanks to iPulsefire for the signature!
Sleepininthegarden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 2:39pm | Report
It sounds like an exciting new way to reinvent what it means to be a scout! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new scouts!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 2:39pm | Report
We're finally here, the new era for scouts. :p
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 4:07pm | Report
wow thanks for the demote u monkys

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 4:59pm | Report
You're welcome Jani. <3
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Thing in the Ice
<Member>
Thing in the Ice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2020 11:20pm | Report
This is cool! Looks very clean too. Great job guys. ^^
Wicked Cherry
<Veteran>
Wicked Cherry's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2020 5:25am | Report
I think this is such a great idea. I really love it. *-*

But I wondered how active a Scout would have to be? Not expressed in exact numbers of course, but I think we all know that sometimes real life gets busy. o.o
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2020 12:49pm | Report
I think this is such a great idea. I really love it. *-*

But I wondered how active a Scout would have to be? Not expressed in exact numbers of course, but I think we all know that sometimes real life gets busy. o.o

As long as you're able to make at the very least, 1 review per month then that's all you have to do. If you do more reviews one month & less reviews the next month then that's also fine, as long as you're still remaining as an active scout regardless of the amount of reviews you make per month, but the very least is 1 per month. @ Wicked Cherry
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
L3gislacerator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2020 1:21pm | Report
This looks excellent! I love the idea. I'm glad to see that the system is being expanded so that scouting and being scouted is more meaningful and noticeable.

| Support Taric Guide | Jungle Taric Guide | signature by jhoijhoi! |
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide