Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Scout System Relaunch!

Creator: PsiGuard January 31, 2020 2:17pm
1 2
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2020 1:26pm | Report
This looks excellent! I love the idea. I'm glad to see that the system is being expanded so that scouting and being scouted is more meaningful and noticeable.

I'm glad you like the idea, that's great! ^^
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2020 5:32pm | Report
Cool! Will scouting/leaving reviews count towards a scout's tickets as incentive? Just curious (as it would be a great way to draw more people in and create a sort of competition among scouts if they're earning points).

Glad to see the system is favouring constructive feedback and positivity too :) Well done.

Do scout badges expire per season? Do scouts need to revisit guides periodically?

Edit with more questions:

How many reviews can a guide get? (/what's the point of multiple scout reviews?)

It says "+Scout" on the button, but can scouts also leave "critical" reviews? (I hope not, what's the point)

What bonuses do authors gain for having scouted guides? (besides features?)

Are there any example reviews anywhere or active review tabs so we can have a look at what is expected?

Due to the nature of guides being updated as game content changes, what indicators will be in place to show viewers that scout recommendations occurred at a specific time? (to avoid season-old scout bias)

Will there be a way to sort for scouted guides in the "browse all guides" page?

Will scouted guides be featured on the leaderboards page?

If an author has multiple scouted guides, does that increase their visibility as an author? (like as a reward for having multiple good guides)

If a scout has authored a few guides and submits them for a scout review, is there a conflict of interest?

Can a scout review a guide of a champion they have never played?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Wicked Cherry
<Veteran>
Wicked Cherry's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2020 2:34am | Report
Fruxo wrote:

As long as you're able to make at the very least, 1 review per month then that's all you have to do. If you do more reviews one month & less reviews the next month then that's also fine, as long as you're still remaining as an active scout regardless of the amount of reviews you make per month, but the very least is 1 per month. @ Wicked Cherry

Thank you for your reply. This seems like a fair arrangement to me. :]
I really like that Scouting is about reviews and constructive feedback in order to improve and amplify guides even more. :3 @ Fruxo
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2020 10:04am | Report
Thanks for the feedback & questions jhoijhoi. I'll get back to you soon.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2020 12:00pm | Report
Promoted @ Fruxo (though you probably can't tell, lol) and @ Katasandra to the Scout rank. Congratulations to our first Scouts! :)
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2020 12:02pm | Report
Congratulations @ Katasandra ! :)

I'm very honored to be a Scout.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2020 12:27pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Cool! Will scouting/leaving reviews count towards a scout's tickets as incentive? Just curious (as it would be a great way to draw more people in and create a sort of competition among scouts if they're earning points).

Glad to see the system is favouring constructive feedback and positivity too :) Well done.

Do scout badges expire per season? Do scouts need to revisit guides periodically?

Edit with more questions:

How many reviews can a guide get? (/what's the point of multiple scout reviews?)

It says "+Scout" on the button, but can scouts also leave "critical" reviews? (I hope not, what's the point)

What bonuses do authors gain for having scouted guides? (besides features?)

Are there any example reviews anywhere or active review tabs so we can have a look at what is expected?

Due to the nature of guides being updated as game content changes, what indicators will be in place to show viewers that scout recommendations occurred at a specific time? (to avoid season-old scout bias)

Will there be a way to sort for scouted guides in the "browse all guides" page?

Will scouted guides be featured on the leaderboards page?

If an author has multiple scouted guides, does that increase their visibility as an author? (like as a reward for having multiple good guides)

If a scout has authored a few guides and submits them for a scout review, is there a conflict of interest?

Can a scout review a guide of a champion they have never played?

I'll do my best to answer these.
  1. We're doing some internal discussion about the monthly raffle system right now. I made sure to bring this up during the staff meeting today so it isn't overlooked.
  2. I thought you'd like it. :P There was some debate on whether or not to include a -Scout button like the old system, but I think we're better off without it.
  3. We talked about a couple options for a decaying point system but ultimately decided against it. If a guide has a Scouted badge and doesn't deserve it, we can bring it up in the discord and remove Scout points if necessary. Scouts can remove their own points, and admins can remove anyone's points if needed.
  4. A guide can get as many reviews as there are Scouts. You can only have 1 official review on a guide as a Scout (if you post a new one, it'll replace the old comment in the review tab). You need 3 scout points to get the badge, but the point of additional reviews beyond that is the same as any review system - so people can see evaluations of the guide from different people. It would be kind of a shame if a Scout couldn't leave their thoughts in an official review just because a couple other Scouts beat them to it.
  5. Scouts can leave constructive reviews without a Scout point by using the Post Review button. There are no -Scouts, so no negative points. These neutral reviews can be used to give detailed feedback on a guide if it isn't quite good enough to be +Scouted yet. The Scout can later replace their neutral review with a +Scout if they want.
  6. The author gains a scouted badge on the guide page and in the listings, as well as being featured on the Scouted tab of the Community page. Currently the author doesn't gain anything else tangible beyond that (maybe we could make an achievement?). If you have any ideas of what kind of cool rewards you'd like to see, feel free to make suggestions.
  7. Here's an example of a review. We don't have many Scouts yet so there obviously aren't many examples to choose from at the moment. I didn't prepare reviews ahead of time since I didn't want to delay the launch of the new system. Fruxo's review is definitely longer than is required, but the gist of the requirements are there. I think most people who've had review shops in the past tend to post reviews that would pass the requirements.
  8. I sorta answered this earlier regarding scout points not decaying. We may wipe points once per season but that's not decided yet. I don't think it's really necessary to do any large-scale decaying or wiping of points. For people who are really curious about when scout points were added, you can always check the date of the comments.
  9. No "Scouted Guides" filter in the listings yet. I think we'll be adding that soonish though.
  10. I believe the leaderboards (footer top 10 pages) will also include the Scouted badge, though I'll double-check that once we have a guide with 3 Scout points.
  11. Having multiple Scouted guides has no special benefit, no. Again, if you have an idea of what kind of bonus you'd want to see, let me know.
  12. I don't think there's a conflict of interest. Scout are required to leave detailed reviews that explain their reasoning, so I don't see how there'd be any issues with Scouts reviewing each other.
  13. Scouts don't have to restrict themselves to reviewing guides for champions they're super knowledgeable about, but part of the Scouting guidelines is that Scouts should back up criticism with stats or examples if they don't have the personal experience to speak with authority on a subject. You don't need to be a one-trick or a high elo player to question a strange build choice or ask when item X should be picked over Y.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2020 12:38pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
(maybe we could make an achievement?)

If that's possible then I would really love to see one of those implemented, badges are cool and having a scout badge (for maybe the amount of scout points that you get) could be a really cool thing.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide