Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 627 of 728
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 2:41pm | Report
Apparently you missed the point anyway. The point is that in any scenario what you said is pretty pointless.

What, you think Searz didn't know he was being rude? That society dictates that he should be more polite? Come on, wake up, of course he knows it, he just doesn't care. And what, you think he's gonna listen to you? Who the heck are you? What's even more annoying is the fact that anyone who says that line is implicitly being rude themselves which, by their own logic, means they should shut up themselves.

Preventing situations like these isn't done through some folk philosophy or common sayings which actually have no place in philosophy. In fact, there wasn't even a situation that needed preventing.

Amanda just said herself that she saw no point in getting involved. So basically, it's all the ***hats other people who posted who decided that Searz needed a good reprimanding that are to blame for creating these situations. You guys just couldn't leave it alone, could you?

Sidenote:
Okay, just note that I don't actually mean everything I'm saying above. I'm not blaming anyone or anything, but people were really making a bigger deal of it and saying some really pointless things, and speaking on behalf of people (person) who didn't really need it. She didn't care and she settled it very nicely on her own without any help from you guys.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 2:53pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Amanda just said herself that she saw no point in getting involved. So basically, it's all the ***hats other people who posted who decided that Searz needed a good reprimanding that are to blame for creating these situations. You guys just couldn't leave it alone, could you?
My comment applies to everyone involved, this includes Searz. It's no better for him to choose to call me out in this particular situation when he mostly ignores (or is much less confrontational with, at least) other people who post equally or more attention seeking things here than it is for a bunch of people to then get on his *** for being less than polite about it when they'd be perfectly happy to ignore other rudeness.

long *** sentence lolz

Basically, if you wouldn't call out/***** at everyone who behaves a certain way in these kinds of situations, you should probably just stay out of it.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Soo I really don't want to lock this thread, I'm going to ask everyone to cool off and be nice.
This thread is meant for people to get to know each other, have a face behind the (nick)name; not to call people out for whatever reason. Keep in mind that for some people it can even be a challenge to even post a picture of themselves.

Quoted:
While MOBAFire prides ourselves on letting you be you, there is always a line you can't cross. Excessive aggression, insulting, constant harassment, stalking or any other type of bullying behavior is not allowed. Speak your mind, but let's talk how we do in person, when someone can reach over the table and grab you by the collar :)

We will carefully review each situation individually, but if we determine that the sum of your behavior is having a negative impact within the community, you may quickly find yourself on the outside of it, at MOBAFire's discretion.

So, let's just go on with posting our faces instead of calling people out mkay. I'm not going to be nice twice.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 3:59pm | Report
Basically, if you wouldn't call out/***** at everyone who behaves a certain way in these kinds of situations, you should probably just stay out of it.

I'm not sure you remember, but I can be quite fearless in calling people out.
I've called out Slappiz and Keondre before, and probably many more. I've called Slappiz out several times (one just recently for putting women in the same category as entertainment).
You also strike me as wanting attention more than the average person posting a picture here. Which may or may not be true, but it's my perception, nothing more, nothing less.

Also, another thing you might want to note: did I ever state that fishing for compliments is such a bad thing? I called it disingenuous, but that's about it. (and there's tons of disingenuous behavior in our society)
I'm not gonna call you the second coming of Hitler for fishing for compliments. (can't believe I found such a strangely relevant picture :D)
In this thread, however, what does insulting someone accomplish?
Zylmoc wrote:
Opinions can be great but if you are going out of your way to unnerve someone, you need to stop, it is not beneficial to anybody and is only going to make that person feel, unpleasant.

Hold your horses, I insulted nobody..
I was however probably rude, according to the people I addressed. But that doesn't mean that I was trying to be rude. A comment does not need to be offensive for the receiver to take offense.
Zylmoc wrote:
Any who I just wanted to use a bare bones philosophy that tends to prevent situations like this from happening, but some people had felt the need to started applying it to any scenario that they know wouldn't make sense, which isn't really all that fair in my opinion.

If a principle does not work then I think it's time to abandon said principle in favor of something else.
sirell wrote:
What, you think Searz didn't know he was being rude? That society dictates that he should be more polite? Come on, wake up, of course he knows it, he just doesn't care. And what, you think he's gonna listen to you? Who the heck are you? What's even more annoying is the fact that anyone who says that line is implicitly being rude themselves which, by their own logic, means they should shut up themselves.

I couldn't agree more.
Also just want to point out that I'm not always trying to be rude, it's just that it's the most honest way of commenting on something and is just perceived as such. (kind of what I wrote above, but I just wanted to reiterate)
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 4:29pm | Report
u callin her fat?

haha, it's a girl thing. Definitely wasn't calling Amanda fat; have you see her with figure-hugging clothes? I think she's the skinniest girl on MobaFire.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 5:00pm | Report
Well this escalated, lol.
I recommend eyebleach.reddit.com to distract you from the unpleasantries going on in this thread
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 5:18pm | Report
In one and a half years, this is the closest we've been from being in a picture together that somehow came into my possession (aparantly all other together pictures are being held hostage by my friends)

So much for showing our kids we were adorable plot twist I'm totally damaging myself over the need of being told we're adorable and look like the happiest couple on Earth, that's my angle here
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 5:42pm | Report
Formatting quotes on an iPad is a pain in the ***.

There's good in being blunt, and that really is just what Searz is doing. Even though it's the kindest way of going about things, sugar-coating things is essentially lying to you. I'd rather honesty than a lie that may escalate your position into something worse. Of course, I won't deny that you must definitely consider outcomes when posting something.

Treat it as tough love.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 5:44pm | Report
@Searz As already specified, the comment was not purely directed at you. It applies to the others as well, given that I doubt some of them would have gotten involved had it been someone else besides myself who was called out. I will say, however, that I have a boyfriend who gives me plenty of attention (ergo I don't feel the need to try to get it here) and posted the picture out of excitement about having gotten the dress more than anything.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2014 6:12pm | Report
There's good in being blunt, and that really is just what Searz is doing. Even though it's the kindest way of going about things, sugar-coating things is essentially lying to you. I'd rather honesty than a lie that may escalate your position into something worse. Of course, I won't deny that you must definitely consider outcomes when posting something.

Treat it as tough love.

Yeah, pretty much.
I get unbearably uncomfortable when watching some romantic comedies when they're lying out their teeth for no apparent reason and it's clearly gonna come back and bite them in the ***.
Loads of problems can be solved by just being honest/blunt. If a few feelings get hurt along the way, so be it.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide