Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 79 of 110
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 3:35am | Report
LevasK wrote:

GrandmasterD-Here is my variation of that deck. I've removed some of the late game cards in favor of even stronger early game. I think that Knife Jugglers are just too good in Murlock Warlock decks, because generally you'll be flooding the board with murlock leading to 2-4 procs of Juggler each turn which help rushing down your opponent or getting rid of his taunts. I've added 1 Doomguard ,because more times then not you'll have an empty hand or at least expendable cards and a 5/7 with charge for 5 is simply amazing at dealing with taunts or finish off your enemy.

I've also considered dropping Jaraxxus, Voidwalkers for something more rush focused and perhaps swapping Syphon Souls for 2 Drain Life, since they can be used for both removal and direct damage.

I tried flame imp but I find the card itself kind of risky and it becomes more of a dead draw the later you draw it. In total it's 6 damage to yourself which is a big deal considering you don't run many taunt.

Not running Coldlight Seer and Blood Imp is, I think, a pretty big mistake as they're your only answer to AoE. Without Seer, a simple Swipe could wipe your entire board. Void Terror is also a good one to counteract AoE.

Siphon Soul is mandatory as it's the only kind of hard removal Warlock offers. Drain Life is not cost efficient, often a dead draw, and doesn't get rid of big creatures such as Ysera and Ragnaros.

Regarding Doomguard and 2xSoulflare, I'm never fond of discarding cards, especially not when it's at random. Murlocs rely on eachother to be strong (Tidecaller wants others while Warleader doesn't buff itself, etc.) so just tossing them at random can really come to bite you in the *** later. Especially when your opponent wipes your board. I also dislike your setup as it doesn't feature any card draw other than oracle. My setup doesn't either but runs a lot less discard stuff. I run one soulflare myself as pseudo-win condition and situational removal.

Regarding Juggler. I think it's a fairly worthless card. It's really easy to remove at all stages of the game and when summoned early in the game, then you aren't likely to abuse its effect while late-game you're unlikely to really do anything with him as most minions will feature at least 3 health.

Doomguard specific, I think The Black Knight is a lot better when worrying about taunt. If any, it's far more reliable and has no drawbacks.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 3:44am | Report
Things to remove (imo);

- Jaraxxus: If you have a rush deck like murloc, you're pretty much forced to finish the game before round 9.

-Abomination: It causes more harm than good in a rush deck. You couldn't have any other cards on table.

-Siphon soul: 1 card played with 6 mana in a rush deck isn't exactly ideal especially as it gives nothing to the table.

-Tauren: Not cost efficient but it's fun card tho.

So this would give space for: 6 cards

Some possibilities: +1 soulfire, +2 poweroverwhelming, +2 leper gnome, +2 abusive sergeant, +2 young priestess, +1 coldlight seer, +2 flame imp

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 3:50am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Things to remove (imo);

- Jaraxxus: If you have a rush deck like murloc, you're pretty much forced to finish the game before round 9.

-Abomination: It causes more harm than good in a rush deck. You couldn't have any other cards on table.

-Siphon soul: 1 card played with 6 mana in a rush deck isn't exactly ideal especially as it gives nothing to the table.

-Tauren: Not cost efficient but it's fun card tho.

So this would give space for: 6 cards

Some possibilities: +1 soulfire, +2 poweroverwhelming, +2 leper gnome, +2 abusive sergeant, +2 young priestess, +1 coldlight seer, +2 flame imp

I've seen quite a few other Murloc decks which run Jaraxxus, even at tournament play. Jaraxxus is one card and makes your late-game pretty strong as long as you can retain some board control.

Abomination could probably go, although not sure what I would put in its place.

Siphon is literally the only kind of removal Warlock offers. I suppose BGH can replace it (though I'd have to craft).

Tauren is goofy, not amazing but hasn't let me down yet.

I think one soulfire is enough, and am not a fan of discarding cards (at random). Overwhelming is a nice card, might put it back in again. Sergeant and Priestess seem redundant, murlocs have plenty of buffs and there's also blood imp. Tried Flame Imp and dislike it a lot. Also, already running two seers.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 4:33am | Report

Here is a Murloc Deck I recently composed. Anyone any tips on that?

What i'd do:
Personally i prefer young priestess to blood imp but that's all up to you.

Remove coldlight oracle, add 1 flame imp

Remove 2x Abomination, add 1x sunfury protector and 1x Doomguard.

I also like 1 void terror in my murloc decks because it survives AOE with the murloc buffs so i think i'd add that instead of jaraxus.

Reasoning:
Young priestess is much more fit to an aggro deck because it has 2 attack and can end up dealing 2-4 damage to your opponent where blood imp might end up making 1 more good trade happen than priest because it's harder to kill it's just not worth it imo cuz it's prolly just gonna die to AOE

Coldlight oracle has teeeeeerrible stats, even if played with a warleader it's still only a 4/3(basically injured blademaster stats) apart from that it gives your opponent the opportunity to draw answers to your plays, you don't want that to happen. 1 draw is more important to him than it is to you most of the time. A flame imp on the other hand helps you apply pressure from turn 1 and just by getting to attack once is enough to nullify the penalty. I wouldn't add more than 1 though since 3 damage is quite significant.

Abomination deals 2 aoe damage to everything, the only time where you'd want that was if your opponent was at 2 health, because otherwise you'll prolly have more low health minions on the board than your opponent. Sunfury protector is a cost efficient minion 2/3 are normal stats for a 2 cost card but here's the kicker, it gives taunt to another minion of yours, so you're able to protect your murlocs and priority murlocs. It also forces your opponent to trade which is really good against other aggro decks. Doomguard is a great card, step 1: empty your hand, step 2 play one of the most cost efficient 5 drops in the game, with charge - also works as a finisher.

Siphon soul is pretty inefficient it costs the same as poly+ping and it doesn't silence the enemy before killing it, so i'd consider switching it out with somethin, don't really know what exactly.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 5:05am | Report
Quoted:

What i'd do:
Personally i prefer young priestess to blood imp but that's all up to you.

Remove coldlight oracle, add 1 flame imp

Remove 2x Abomination, add 1x sunfury protector and 1x Doomguard.

I also like 1 void terror in my murloc decks because it survives AOE with the murloc buffs so i think i'd add that instead of jaraxus.

Reasoning:
Young priestess is much more fit to an aggro deck because it has 2 attack and can end up dealing 2-4 damage to your opponent where blood imp might end up making 1 more good trade happen than priest because it's harder to kill it's just not worth it imo cuz it's prolly just gonna die to AOE

Coldlight oracle has teeeeeerrible stats, even if played with a warleader it's still only a 4/3(basically injured blademaster stats) apart from that it gives your opponent the opportunity to draw answers to your plays, you don't want that to happen. 1 draw is more important to him than it is to you most of the time. A flame imp on the other hand helps you apply pressure from turn 1 and just by getting to attack once is enough to nullify the penalty. I wouldn't add more than 1 though since 3 damage is quite significant.

Abomination deals 2 aoe damage to everything, the only time where you'd want that was if your opponent was at 2 health, because otherwise you'll prolly have more low health minions on the board than your opponent. Sunfury protector is a cost efficient minion 2/3 are normal stats for a 2 cost card but here's the kicker, it gives taunt to another minion of yours, so you're able to protect your murlocs and priority murlocs. It also forces your opponent to trade which is really good against other aggro decks. Doomguard is a great card, step 1: empty your hand, step 2 play one of the most cost efficient 5 drops in the game, with charge - also works as a finisher.

Siphon soul is pretty inefficient it costs the same as poly+ping and it doesn't silence the enemy before killing it, so i'd consider switching it out with somethin, don't really know what exactly.

Priestess vs Imp; both have pros and cons. Blood Imp has the advantage that he's tough to remove while Young Priestess can be removed easily by spells, even some hero powers. Although Blood Imp doesn't have attack. I think I like Imp better but not 100% on this.

Oracle isn't great and mostly there for draw power. Any draw alternatives that fit the deck? (Suppose Loot Hoarder would fit, or Thalnos).

Didn't think of Sunfury, me gusta. Defender of Argus is also an option but then again, cost 2 more mana.

Probably will re-add the void terror, I like that card a lot as well. Although it has ended up being a dead draw most of the time. I won't toss Jaraxxus, it's a solid card and has saved me countless times already.

Siphon Soul is inefficient but the only hard removal available. I guess I could swap at least one out for BGH against Rag and ... uh whatever 7+ is frequently played (there really isn't much).
97BligenN
<Member>
97BligenN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 6:14am | Report
Played a bit of priest (rarely do it...)
At first I thought I was lucky (fighting another priest btw):
But then I saw his plan after that was used....:
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 6:21am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

I got to rank 13 running a Lightspawn Priest deck a while ago lol :3. Lightspawn survives a turn -> powerword shield -> divine blessing -> divine blessing -> 32 attack to the face, win.

I got to rank 12 with my Divine Shaman deck and to rank 10 with my DD carddraw Mage deck. That doesn't mean that the decks aren't ****.
Lightspawns are really unreliable no matter how you look at it and I'm sure I could get an 80-90% win-rate against your deck, not only becausre I'm better at the game, but also because my decks are better built (which also is a skill).
XeresAce wrote:

Lightspawns work so ridiculously well with priest decks though D:
I've had so many victories where people just ignored my light spawn and 2x power word shield + Divine bless easily gives me a 14/14 minion or stronger. Silence sucks but I've found out that lightspawns end up being more successful than useless most of the time.
Also, I do already run 2x Taz's in every deck I have :3
Thanks again for the help :D

At higher rankings people never ignore a Lightspawn and they generally always have an answer to it, especially since it has far more counters than the Yeti has. The Yeti is so good because it's so hard to deal with. Few spells deal the 5 damage required to kill it and silencing it does nothing.
If you keep running unreliable cards you're gonna hit a wall sooner or later that you simply can't get through.

Harvest Golem is also amazing against aggro, often killing two or three minions.
Quoted:
Also one more question, whats the best class for arena? My best results have been 3/3 with shaman so far and 1/3 with rogue and warlock :c

Paladin, Druid and Mage are probably the strongest in arena. Warlock is good too. Shaman and Priest are decent and Warrior, Rogue and Hunter are bad because of how combo-centric they are.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 6:45am | Report
My attempt at Miracle rogue. Very strong but pretty inconsistent:

Is preparation a must? If so, which cards should I take out for them? Acolytes?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 7:19am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

My attempt at Miracle rogue.

Probably been sleeping but what exactly is Miracle Rogue?
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 7:53am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Is preparation a must? If so, which cards should I take out for them? Acolytes?

Preparation is really important, because it gives you a lot of reach (2 card draws from auctioneer, or much needed burst). Yes, take out acolytes. You don't really have a way of using them anyway (besides shiving them).

Probably been sleeping but what exactly is Miracle Rogue?

Basically the deck revolves around playing a ton of low cost spells in one turn to bump\mill your other cards (auctioneer, VanCleef) and burst down your opponent (Leeroy ---> Cold blood ----> Preparation ----> Eviscerate).
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide