Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

People in the USA should vote

Creator: MrCuddowls September 8, 2012 5:12pm
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 12:39pm | Report
@Canoas : A functional company is a company that maximize his profits. If a business man buy that X functional company, he will try to get as much money as possible out of it. If he just buy it and resell it as soon as possible, it's probably because that X company that seems so fonctional, isn't fonctional at all. That X company's action might be dropping like crazy. . And keeping a company who's action drops like crazy isn't business. It's being stupid.

Businessman aren't stupid. They are smart. Smarter than the others, wich is the reason of their success.

Let's take your exemple.
Quoted:
Imagine a working hypothetical company. It profits 100 gold coins a day and has 100k gold coins stored for pensions. You have the money to buy 51% of this company's stocks.
1. Do nothing.
2. Buy the company and eventually get what your money back with the profits.
3. Buy the company, sell the company to someone else.

#1 isn,t an option. Why bother buying a company to do nothing with it afterward?

#2 and #3 are left. Both are situational.

You're company's name is Y.

Situation A : Y is an extremely successful business. It's profit raise each year by a huge percentage. If the trends continues, this business has a great future. Any smart businessman would pick #2. Invest in Y and then get a lot more money than the initial price he paid for.

Situation B : Y is an average business. It's profit don't raise each years, but it doesn't fall either. If the trend continues, Y will keep it's statu quo. Since it's profit don't increase or fall, a single mistake could be deadly to the business, throwing it into the abyss of debt. Most business man would simply chose #3 in this situation, since investing money into Y would be way too risky.

Situation C : Y is a bad business. It's profit keep dropping each year, slowly. If the trends continues, in 5 years top, the company will bankrupt. If, somehow, a businessman buys Y, he will try to sell it as soon as possible, since the company is doomed anyway. He'll try to get as much money out of it as possible. That business man would surely pick #3

These are just 3 very simple situation. We're not even talking about dept, long term profit possibility, job cutting to save the company, etc. etc. A damn lot of stuff have to be taken into account.

Unlike what you may think Canoas, businessman are all but stupid.

Did you look into every companies, that Romney bought, financial data? I'm pretty sure you didn't, wich mean you have absolutely no clue what kind of problems those companies had. Were they near bankrupt? Did they have any long-term profit possibility? Who knows? Only Romney did, and his action spokes for themselves.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 12:44pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

You're company's name is Y.

You're
Company's

ohhgod..

Agree with the rest though.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 12:45pm | Report
hahahah I didn't want to use X again, so I wen't for Y

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 1:22pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

omfg.. are you serious?

Also, you completely missed the point regarding the scenario I purposed. You can either destroy the company to make money quickly or you can improve it/keep it for higher but slower profit. If you want to make money fast then the best way would be buying and destroying companies one after another.

I never said businessman were stupid, I said some of them would be better off dead.

And if you want to know more about what romney did then do your own research. It's rather idiotic for you to want to get the information from me instead of going directly to the source.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

doesn't even know what he did wrong LOL :P

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

doesn't even know what he did wrong LOL :P

Fox Rage wrote:

so I wen't for Y

No, he doesn't.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 3:21pm | Report
He ra'n for it and wen't for it and cam'e out a win'ner
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 4:42pm | Report
I think I'll have to agree with Canoas on this one.
There's a lot of **** going on in businesses.
And unlike what Polse seems to think; it's NOT okay. Being a businessman doesn't excuse you from the **** you do.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 8:34pm | Report
oh wow I just understood my mistake. Dat grammar fail.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide